Hossa gone to Chicago

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Hossa gone to Chicago

He just signed a multi years contract ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Hossa gone to Chicago

source?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

In Response to Hossa gone to Chicago:
    [QUOTE]He just signed a multi years contract ...
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]

Wow your faster then tsn. nothin there yet nice try

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

I know , my sources are excellent ... No wonder I had sent my resume to JJ when MOC got fired....

We are running out of time ....Hossa gone to Chicago, Komisarek to NYI ....we still have a chance at Clowe wich would be great or even Beauchemin...lets see..

Another strong rumor in Mtl ...Kovalev signed $9MM for 2 years and Gionta

no big deal in Mtl ....Gomez scored 45goals in his last 3 seasons while Higgins scored 61 ....besides Gomez is at $8MM and Higgins around $2.5 worst trade ever...and on top the habs gave McDonagh and Valatenko 2 big size D's

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

They only place I am seeing this as done is hockeybuzz.com so I am skeptical it is indeed completed. We will have to just wait and see what happens. While the age between Kessel and Hossa is my problem , as well as the fact Hossa becomes a ghost in the playoffs. I think I'd have to reserve judgment until I see what Chia's plan is. Most likely He is gone to Chicago, but I thought they had cap issues too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

he signed for 12 years at $5.5/year with the Hawks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

These decade long deals are insane.

Aren't teams learning from Rick Dipietro?

Can someone break down why the hell these massive long term deals are beneficial to teams?

There must be a reason for them because so many teams are signing players to contracts of 10+ years duration.

I personally don't understand it. Hossa is 29 and he signed a 12 year deal? what the f?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Chacago is clueless and wreaking havoc on the market.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

I think it give both the teams and the player security at reasonable numbers....however, I also think teams think that numbers generally will go up with inflation even though that probably wont be the case next year. But i think it locks them in a to a decent deal now and a something that will be a steal a few more years down the road. Hossa wont be playing out the whole contract though, at least i cant see him playing for that long so that is my question on the longevity.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

12 years?  Isnt he already like 31 years old?  What a stupid deal!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

Who would ice their franchise that badly ????? ..... 12 years 62 mill ????. Thats going to haunt them I promise you it will haunt them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mik802. Show mik802's posts

chicago is dumb they did the same thing last year when they way overpaid campbell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

They have Kane, Toews, Seabrook and a couple other big pieces due contracts next year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhsreddevil12. Show bhsreddevil12's posts

Right now it seems like alot.. years 6-12 are a steal at 5Mil and change. Imagine if the cap jumps to 80 mil down the road, the percent of the cap would be incrediblely reasonable. Based on this number, I think Kessel will settle about 3.6-4M / year..  I wonder if PC is trying to drive up the price for Kessel by floating all these rumors.. perhaps he wants a team to make a move on Kessel early therefore he can make up his mind and proceed with their off season plans. He's handcuffed until someone makes a move.

I dont believe based on Hossa's contract that Kessel could command more than 4.25- 4.5 MAX!

Hopefully we get this deal done around krejci's number giving us flexability to bring back the rest of the squad- Hunwick, Recchi Yelle, Axelson in that order.

Also, I would like to see (cap permitting) maybe an attempt to grab Chris Neill. There were rumors around the trade deadline and I think he would be a great addition to the B's ( I think his salary was around 1.1M can anyone verify that?)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That deal was fishy from day one.  It just contradicts prorating the salary for 12 years.
    Check out this story.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=286333

I would not be talking about this if the Bruins would not have been interested in this guy.

Sections
Shortcuts