how about talking about our team 09-10 bs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

how about talking about our team 09-10 bs?

enough about phlil kessel...lets talk about our team....and guys who wanna b here like krejci, savard(wants a long term deal here) recchi (no other place i rather b) sturm(dont want to waive no trade-"i love it here") lucic wheeler bergeron begin bitz on and on...morris, chara, stuart, thomas  what a great bunch of guys who want to play for each other...sure we will be weakened wit kes...but hey if he doesnt want to be here i dont want him here...let him go to toronto and miss playoffs every year.. we got a awesome nucleus here and great mix of young and old guys..and smevery pomising players coming to causeway st the next few yrs...i heard a poll question on ch 4 last night who in last 3yrs has done a better job rebuilding their team---epstein or beliechek...i say chiraleli....interested in fans thoughts as to their comments forthis season...can we get it done without kes?? i say yes i keep making out lineups and we still got 3 scoring lines hello sturm!  bruins in 6 over blackhawks     

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Re: how about talking about our team 09-10 bs?

Best post in a long time. We are looking great this year. Best team top to bottom in the east. I think San Jose looks pretty awesome too but I have also picked Boston over Chicago in the finals. The future looks even better as we will be stocking up on draft picks as well because of that other guy who can't handle being on a team with lots more talent than he has.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmjoh0. Show cmjoh0's posts

I would say with a full year of Recchi in front of the net, Sturm back, Wheeler and Looch with another year under their belts and Hunwick getting more ice time this team will be able to make up for any goals that would be lost without Kess.  If we can get 3 high draft picks for Kess I say you pull the trigger.  If Toronto is willing to part with 2 1st's and a 2nd for Kess that could set Boston up for a nice stretch of time.  And I would have to agree that within the last three years of rebuilding their teams it would have to go to either Chiarelli or Ainge.  They have brought hockey and basketball back into the minds of people in Boston in the last couple years.  The Sox and Pats have been in a pretty good position for the last 6-8 years.

Go B's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I think they're in great shape.

Thomas has proven he has what it takes to be a #1 in the NHL. Rask will be able to ease into the league without the pressure of being a #1 at a young age.

The defense has gotten stronger with the addition of Morris and they added some good depth with Fata and Wozniewski. I think the B's top 6 D-men match up with any other top 6 in the league.

Even without Kessel, there is a lot of young talent up front along with solid veterans. I like the combination of skill and grit. The forwards are also cognizant of their defensive responsibilities.

At a glance I believe the Bruins will once again be one of the best defensive teams in the league. Offensively they don't have the sniper that you'd like, but collectively they will get the job done. Nine players on this team have the ability to meet/exceed the 20 goal mark. 

I see them as a Cup contender once again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I am looking for a great regular season and an even better postseason.  This could be a make or break season for Milan Lucic.  As good as he was last year, it appeared to me that he got a bit caught up in his stardom, and started to put himself out of position to make a big hit.  It earned him some time on the third line.  I hope to see him play a smarter all-around game this season and put more pucks in the net.  If he is going to be favorably compared to Cam Neely, he needs to work on his hands.  We already know that he can check guys through the boards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Here's a question:  now that Krejci is officially 'doubtful' for the opener, how do you arrange the first three lines for late pre-season/opening night?

Assuming Wheeler gets put on Savard's right, making the top line Lucic-Savard-Wheeler, that leaves (Recchi/Sturm) (Bergeron/X) (Ryder/Kobasew).
    Do you try to re-ignight the Bergeron-Sturm connection?  Do you bump up Bergeron and give him Krejci's wingers for a week, or stick your X in that spot?  Who do you think will be X?
    I think we will see Bergeron's line kept from the end of the season last year, and Sobotka be in Krejci's spot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

This is what I can see: Lucic pots 30 goals ... Ryder pots 40 ... Bruins finish second in the conference ... Come back from a 3-1 series to win it (And it just might be in the Finals against the Hawks).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Great! Lets drop the Puck! I can't stand anymore baseball news on tv.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Dont expect the Bs to come out of the gate like last year..but 2nd half look more like a stanly cup team..no more  january to april spirals...no injuries..lotsa depth...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joekool. Show joekool's posts

although i would like to see kessel back, who would want him here if he does in fact want out?  if they manage to stay relatively injury free i think the b's can make up for kessel's offense.  they should go further in the playoffs but i cant see another first place finish in the east. 
    on another note, i was at the sox game during the weekend and couldnt help but think, "ahh, this is why i lost interest in baseball."  i was bored for three hours.  CAN'T WAIT FOR HOCKEY!!! lets go b's

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

with or without kessel bs got a good shot at the cup...isnt that in iself amazing  think about it  from where we were when chia took over to where we r

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: how about talking about our team 09-10 bs?:
    This is what I can see: Lucic pots 30 goals ... Ryder pots 40 ... Bruins finish second in the conference ... Come back from a 3-1 series to win it (And it just might be in the Finals against the Hawks).
    Posted by ErnestoGiove

30 and 40 goals from Lucic and Ryder respectively would be dream seasons for both of them.  If Lucic nets 30 this season, his raise will be huge next summer, and rightfully so.  $4 million will look like a bargain if Ryder pots 40.  Those numbers would be great to see, but I would be happy with 25 and 35 respectively. 

I expect the Bs to take the division, hopefully with a hundred points or better.  Now that the Senators have the Heatly situation solved, I think that they will be the most competition in the division. 

As for the playoffs, I look for the team to be hungrier than ever.  As always, injuries will play a big part of how far any given team makes it.  I think that the Bruins still have what it takes to play into June of 2010, but luck and depth will have to factor in.  I would love to see a Bruins/Blackhawks finals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Don't forget to mark* your calendars! With success we'll see the Bruins on nationally covered NHL Network games more often. For our Canadian Bs fans we already have the Bruins on TV tomorrow Tues., Sept. 15 Boston @ NY Rangers 7 p.m. ET

Then on NHL Network in the US/TSN2 Wed., Sept. 16 Boston @ Toronto 7 p.m. ET So awesome that it already ON! OH please dress and play Colton Orr!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Here's a question:  now that Krejci is officially 'doubtful' for the opener, how do you arrange the first three lines for late pre-season/opening night? Assuming Wheeler gets put on Savard's right, making the top line Lucic-Savard-Wheeler, that leaves (Recchi/Sturm) (Bergeron/X) (Ryder/Kobasew). Do you try to re-ignight the Bergeron-Sturm connection?  Do you bump up Bergeron and give him Krejci's wingers for a week, or stick your X in that spot?  Who do you think will be X? I think we will see Bergeron's line kept from the end of the season last year, and Sobotka be in Krejci's spot.
    Posted by DrCC

Lucic        Savard       Wheeler
    Sturm       Bergeron     Ryder
    Recchi      Sobotka      Kobasew
    Thornton   Begin         Bitz

That would be my starting line up until Krejci was back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Posted by ErnestoGiove

So you're expecting Lucic to almost double his career high in goals, and Ryder to hit a total that he's never....ever...come close to in his NHL career?

Do you also expect beer prices at the Garden to be set at 2.75?

Seriously, Lucic could hit 30--it's not out of the question--but it's setting the bar pretty high, considering he's never even scored 20 yet. Ryder, though, at 30 years old is unlikely to do anything he's never done before.

Just doesn't seem very realistic to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

i think byron bitz is going to be special and be in that 20 -25 goal range after this year he will be moved to replace recchi spot another big body

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don't forget to mark* your calendars! With success we'll see the Bruins on nationally covered NHL Network games more often. For our Canadian Bs fans we already have the Bruins on TV tomorrow Tues., Sept. 15 Boston @ NY Rangers 7 p.m. ET Then on NHL Network in the US/TSN2 Wed., Sept. 16 Boston @ Toronto 7 p.m. ET So awesome that it already ON! OH please dress and play Colton Orr!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Where is tomorrows game being shown ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

In Response to Re: how about talking about our team 09-10 bs? : Where is tomorrows game being shown ?
    Posted by BsLegion

tsn

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

TSN isn't showing tomorrows game, it's on Canadian NHL Net. and MSG. Wednesdays game will be broadcasted on TSN2 and U.S. NHL Net.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

Our line-up without Phil:

Lucic-Savard-Wheeler
    Sturm-Krejci-Ryder
    Recchi-Bergeron-Kobasew
    Bitz-Begin-Thornton

Sturm and Recchi could change spots if they're not comfortable with their respective centers. I really think that Wheeler playing with Savard is an upgrade over Kessel. Wheelers a big creative athletic kid that'll do more with his scoring chances IMO. Plus Wheelers a right handed shot to boot. Another thing is Bitz could play on all lines if things get stagnant.

Not to worry Bruins faithful, we still have a very solid forwards corps. I wouldnt be surprised if Wheeler hit 30+ goals this season playing with Savard. Our top 9 forwards are very well rounded to boot.

We just have insane depth at forward, defence, and goal. Throw in a solid coach in Julien and a solid GM in Chiarelli and its the 1st time in a long time that i had this much faith in the Bruins.

My predictions:

Lucic- 25 goals
    Savard- 65 assists
    Wheeler- 32 goals

Sturm- 28 goals
    Krejci- 55 points
    Ryder- 27 goals

Recchi- 15 goals
    Bergeron- 22 goals
    Kobasew- 26 goals

Bitz- 12 goals
    Begin- 12 goals
    Thornton- 13 fights

Chara- 18 goals
    Morris- 10 goals

Wideman- 15 goals
    Hunwick- 10 goals

Ference- 7 goals
    Stuart- 3 goals

Thomas- 35 wins, 2.34 GAA .928%
    Rask- 15 wins 2.20 GAA .917%

This season will be FUN. The #1 seed in the East is not the goal. The real goal is the Stanley Cup. 

Sections
Shortcuts