How do you watch your Bruins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How do you watch your Bruins?

Yes I know another one of these . "Bear" with me the season is about to start.
    I've heard and saw how some crazy fans sit and watch a Bruins game. I also think the Bruin fans are one of the most superstitious,  why ?  Rally caps, lucky pet, lucky jersey, stick in hand etc...
    I'm just simple , like to watch my Bruins (if not at the game) with an alcoholic beverage, friends or brother,  laptop to chat with fellow Bruin fans and far away from my wife. She (a Bruins fan also) just gets me nervous , especially in the playoffs but this altogether will be another thread next season .
    Any of you guys/gals go nuts ?

p.s in the mid to late 70's it was another story... things got broken!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: How do you watch your Bruins?

My heart rate is usually around 160 during playoffs, which is why if the B's ever made it to the Cup, I might have a heart attack while still in my 20's...

Never change a thing if they're doing well, from how shoes are arranged on the floor to where I sit, how I sit, and switch it up if they are s*cking...

Wear the exact same thing if they're doing well, switch it up if they're not...

Put the "last button" channel on the number of a player I want to do well (e.g. channel 17 for Looch)...

Leave the microwave on a player's number I think needs some help, last year I used 6 a lot...

Hang on every goal as if it's a game-decider...

That's the playoff schedule for me...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

This is a total puff piece, but I will play along, I have a package with friends so I get to a good handful of the home games, but if not typical is a small group of friends/and or co workers at my house, some micro brewed beers, and some kind of home made baked food item (pizza, nachoes, ribs perhaps etc), a couple of the guys not into the games have affectionatly dubbed this as sports bar, as in "what are you guys doing, sports bar tonight?"

50" plasma full surround with a 12" sub, lots of yelling at the television.. dog on the couch..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: How do you watch your Bruins?:
    [QUOTE]This is a total puff piece, but I will play along, I have a package with friends so I get to a good handful of the home games, but if not typical is a small group of friends/and or co workers at my house, some micro brewed beers, and some kind of home made baked food item (pizza, nachoes, ribs perhaps etc), a couple of the guys not into the games have affectionatly dubbed this as sports bar, as in "what are you guys doing, sports bar tonight?" 50" plasma full surround with a 12" sub, lots of yelling at the television.. dog on the couch..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

LOL.. I know, just till the season starts.
    Now manny here has some orignal methods I've never heard before .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I watch as many games as possible on the computer: headphones on head, pen and paper at the ready. I like to keep notes on the game and keep track of the scoring. The world stops and everyone leaves me alone, except my wife who every half-hour comes and asks me "how much are they losing by?"

When not near a computer I would listen on the radio, but that is no longer an option since the Sports Hub took over from WBZ last year. We don't get it here in Toronto.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I played goalie my whole life so I am superstitious. I can't wear any Bruin clothes on game day cause they seem to play like dirt when I do. I usually watch it on my 53" with my son and when Boston scores we scare the poor dog yelling "scores" at the top of our lungs. We throw things when it's bad, all around poor losers. But we are good winners so it evens out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

I have watched almost every Bruin game on Bellexpressvue the last 7 years.I watch the games alone as my wife doen't like the language or anger i sometime(alot) express when they lose. Especially against the Habs. She will leave the house when they play. No Bruins clothes/hats  worn unless its the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I usually watch from home on a Sony Vega 32" CRT.  I've broken a few remotes over the years on plays like Sturm missing perfect feeds from Krejci or blowing breakaway chances.  But, I won't be able to bounce my remote off an HDTV screen.  So, when i finally do get one this season, i'll probably have to invest in a good wall spakle too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Funny superstitions. My only superstition is that nobody's "winning" - that's a jinx! They're "leading" or "trailing." The only time a team is "winning" is when the final horn sounds.

I work nights, so I DVR the game and watch either when I get home or the next day on our 52-inch HD screen. I think hockey is the reason HD was invented. ;-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

With beer in hand and froth in mouth.
    ...and ususally complaining to the thin air about how bad someone with more talent and hockey sense in their clipped toenails than I have in my entire being is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from erobfos. Show erobfos's posts

DVR it, then start watching it a little late so I can zip through commercials and intermissions.  I have gotten burnt though. Forgot to also DVR the W.B. Mason overtime show and missed a Bruins comeback.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Being on the road allot I'm usually at sports bars around So Cal while I'm on the game threads of hfboards and Bruins Blog.

It's too bad NHL Center Ice hasn't fixed the HD feed. All last season Buttman on his weekly radio show said the NHL was working on it and of course nothing happened. When the Bruins are on Versus I skip watching on the road DVR the game so I can see it in HD on my 55" Sony Bravia uh huh muy bueno!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

On game days I'll only wear black boxers for home games, or gold boxers for away games...Drink my coffee black for breakfast. I'll refer to my wife as Milan, and my Jack Russell as the Matrix all day. I stop at Dunkin Donuts before every game and order a Boston creme donut. Put on the Wensink jersey, take out the 8 x 10 Kathryn Tappen framed glossy, go down stairs, 52" SHARP AQUOS ...Killer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

On game days I'll only wear black boxers for home games, or gold boxers for away games...Drink my coffee black for breakfast. I'll refer to my wife as Milan, and my Jack Russell as the Matrix all day. I stop at Dunkin Donuts before every game and order a Boston creme donut. Put on the Wensink jersey, take out the 8 x 10 Kathryn Tappen framed glossy, go down stairs, 52" SHARP AQUOS ...Killer.
    Posted by JWensink

Classic!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I used to have to rely on TSN or, when the Bruins come to town, CBC or go down to the ACC to watch them live.  Thanks to the generous hook up of my man, SanDog, I catch all their games online. Full props to you, bro. 

As far as superstitions or habits, I never read the sports pages, watch or listen to the sports broadcasts after a Bruin loss.  I just don't want to hear it again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

At least it's nice to know you are all wearing clothing of some sort during the game!! ha ha That's a visual we could all do without, but had to be mentioned...
    Since my kids were little, I always bought them B's game jersey's and my two boys and daughter would put them on and we would all cheer my wife out of the room...Now they are older, funny my oldest in college now still wears a B's jersey and mostly he and I watch together...screaming SCORE Fred Cusick style...my wife listens from the other side of the house and comments about the game related to how often we scream...we also make up disgusting names for the other team and their players...just good old fashioned juvenile guy time...I fricken love it!
    BTW a friend of mine down here in Tampa knows Espo quite well...she has promised an introduction...I can't wait...childhood hero...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I have a lot personal collectibles of bruins hockey cards, caps,  pucks, autographs bubble gum machine etc. and all is tuck away in plastic bins and all of it inventory in my books. But I have one Bruins cap that I wear that is shape perfectly to my head with a pin attached to the big b saying " no pain no gain."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I have been watching NHL Centre Ice for the last 14 years as we moved from Cape Cod to Chicago, to Northern Virginia, and finally to Palmyra, Virginia for the past 7 years. Prior to that I watched on NESN; had 2 seasons with tickets at Madison Square Garden; back to NESN and seats at the old Garden when i could get them; then back to Manhattan and MSG or NHL game of the week. Currently watching via Versus or NHL Centre Ice with computer the last resort like in the Philly playoffs when Versus chse Montreal/Pittsburgh. Cursed Bettman for not making sure there were two satellite channels. my wife assures me that the referees or CJ cannot hear me, but I still let them know what I think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by JWensink

Love it !  just what I was lookin' for.

Bim,  oh yes I can relate to your aggravation with Sturm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Usually with my 6 year old Bs hat which is in threads.  The 50" plasma with sound around in me den.  My wife will not bother me during those game days. Not superstitious, screams can be heard for bad calls, and play like Wheeler's adventures on ice.  My brother and I venture out to the bars once in awhile, he is annoying as he ask questions while the game is on.  September 17th, it ain't long now!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

I DVR every game so I can get the kids to bed without missing anything. Once they are out, beer in hand and kick the wife out the living room until I get caught up to the live feed - then I get kicked out and go to my bar downstairs to finish the game where I can yell at Wheeler in peace and not worry about waking the kids.
    Having a Miller Lite vending machine in your house is handy during B's games!! It makes getting hammered at the game feel normal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

been doing way to many superstitious things over the years and we havent won the cup so this season im just doing what i feel happy with and seeing where that takes us

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In my favourite spot on the sofa, my wife (she likes Chara and Lucic) and our cat, Monkey, next to me. I leap off the couch and yell YESSSS!!! very loudly whenever the Bruins pot one. This causes Monkey to jump, and I say sorry (to a cat? I know). When they play badly like they did a few times last year, I just get quiet. That suxx. Nothing like the playoffs. I think the neighbors heard me when Satan netted the double OT winner in Game 4 against Buffalo this past April. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Posted by JWensink

Good to know this is game day stuff, I thought you were going in a different direction when you started talking about framed Kathryn Tappen picturesLaughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

usually infront of a rectangular screen. Enough of the goofy hockey questions, I'd rather read a full paragraph from NAS than go through another one of these!!!!!!
    Posted by umgawa

Even NAS ran out of things to talk about. 

Sections
Shortcuts