How good is boychuk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

How good is boychuk?

All I know is what I have read (never seen him play). I here he has a good shot and can hit, but I don't recall reading much about his skating. Can he play with the big boys?
    If this was discussed on here before, (sorry I missed it).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Re: How good is boychuk?

Apparently it's his skating that's been holding him back. He resembles a Ray Bourque - - He's no where near the talent level, but he's a solid stocky 2-way defenseman.

It's good when you win the top AHL defenseman when you're like 24-25, instead of 32 years old career minor leaguers, like most guys are. I think Dan Boyle won it once before turning pro.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Good point on the age. it would be hard to get excited about a 32 year old coming out of the AHL.
    With the bruins lack of depth on "D" they could sure use him. He has a one way contract, so it's make it or break it I guess.
    Thanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

If it looks like he's ready to step in, I'm guessing they move Ference? I suppose he'll be in the pressbox half the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

I don't mind Ference as a player, but we have to continue moving out these injury prone players (the bruins have to many) So yes, good call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: How good is boychuk?:
    [QUOTE]Good point on the age. it would be hard to get excited about a 32 year old coming out of the AHL. With the bruins lack of depth on "D" they could sure use him. He has a one way contract, so it's make it or break it I guess. Thanks
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

How does a one way contract work as opposed to a two way contract?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmjoh0. Show cmjoh0's posts

ClamMan...I believe if a player has a one-way contract he would have to clear waivers in order to go back to the minors...so in Boychuks case if he went to the big club then they wanted to send him back down he would have to clear through waivers, but another team would almost certainly put a claim on him and the Bruins would lose him.  With a two way contract they can send him up and down from Boston to Providence without having to clear waivers.