How Much Longer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

How Much Longer?

How much longer do we as Bruins fans have to contine to watch the horrible play of Denis Wideman?  I counted three goals today attributed to Wideman either A.) turning the puck over or B.) Getting completely schooled....I can't take it anymore.  Sit him!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: How Much Longer?

Sit him ?. send him packing,,trade for anything or release him and buy him out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Why not look at the GM who actually traded to get this guy, and give him a 4 million dollar contract?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

To JWensink....

I agree Chia needs to have some responsibility for bringin him in and giving him the money, but Wideman still needs to go....and now.  He is one of their many problems, but he might be the biggest one (besides injuries).  In my opinion he looks listless, uninterested and lacks any confidence...but boo f'ing hoo!  Get him out of here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I believe you get a proven sniper with Savard's line, a prolific scorer, this team looks totally different.  That's my gut feeling.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to replace Julien.  Is Bowman available anymore?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsTicketSales. Show BruinsTicketSales's posts

JWensink "You have to take in account Chiarelli who traded for Wideman and then gave him $4 million a season"

Finally even the most ardent supporters are seeing what is really going on.

PC was the cheapest GM money could buy when first hired by Jacobs. The fact is he was a rookie GM who never played in the NHL. He is a Lawyer and overall nice guy by all accounts.

The fact is he is not an elite or even very good GM. He is an average run of the mill GM who after 4 years and 1 great flukish regular season, team is REGRESSING.

Too many overpaid under skilled guys, too many aging vets with long term deals. Too much dead weight.

The honeymoon is over Chiarelli. It has been for sometime but at least now everyone is seeing it.

If you want an average team who will qualify for the playoffs most seasons and be quickly out of it then PC is your man!

If you want boring lackluster games that turns skill guys into neutral zone trap muckers then Claude Julien is your man. As long as these 2 golfing buddies are running the show this team is not going to do squat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

I wish they sent Wideman to Providence instead of McQuaid. Move him up to a wing if he is going to play because he cannot play defense.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisIsBruinsCountry. Show ThisIsBruinsCountry's posts

Lereve77

You are correct...I would be fine with McQuaid, Boychuck, and Hunwick playing with Chara, Stuart and I guess you have to keep Morris..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

If Wideman scored an OT winner or even better, the shoot out winner, kicked the snot out of Max LaPierre, setup two others in the same game...what would this board look like the next day?

We'd propbably get on his case about hogging the spotlight!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Woow so much hate for Wideman hahah.

He has been having a roughish season, but most of you probably dont know or dont care that he has been playing sick the last few days. I cant imagine how anyone could play at that level sick. I sucked out in minor hockey when I played sick and I was a minor league superstar!

That being said..Wideman cant be blamed for this season. Two things can. 1) Injuries. Say that there are no excuses all you want, but an unskilled team without their regular players simply should not win professional hockey games. 2) No primary scorer. A group of listless secondary scorers are expected to score regularly, its unfair to the players, the fans, and to the coach.

...Im surprised Savard accepted to stay after they traded away his only decent finisher.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

>>>Also, it wouldn't hurt to replace Julien.  Is Bowman available anymore?

No.  Bowman had been in the Wings organization until July 2008, when his son, Stan, took the Blackhawks GM job.  He is now "Senior Advisor of Hockey Operations" for Chicago.  He is 76 years old and retired from coaching after winning his 3rd Cup with the Wings and ninth Cup in 2002.  Why would he give up a cushy job working with his son to go back to the coaching ranks anywhere, even Boston?  He has nothing to prove and most certainly wants to help his son build a winner in Chicago.  End of story here.