how to handle matt cooke, march 18th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

how to handle matt cooke, march 18th

Heres what the bruins should do. First face off Cooke is on the ice, hopefully at the beginning of the game, you line up Chara as a winger, I would say Lucic but I don't know what his fighting status is right now. Chara says to Cooke, you either fight, or we go after you in this game, and if we can't find you, it'll be Crosby or Malkin. As soon as the puck drops, mitts off, helmets off, Chara, go getem, and honestly, I don't think the code applies here, if you drop him, keep swinging....
    there will be blood...i hope

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: how to handle matt cooke, march 18th

I wouldn't say anything  to him- just bomb away, and don't stop- F**k the code...he didn't worry about it. Next is Crosby-then Malkin, but I'll believe it when I see it. And Ryder needs to man-up or he can GTFO, he DEFINITELY saw what happened and embarrassed himself in front of everyone. I'm sure Savard has seen the replay...how does he look in the face of some of his team-mates IF he returns. It's a pretty fragile emotional situation that this "team" is in right now -

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from damgood. Show damgood's posts

In Response to how to handle matt cooke, march 18th:
    Heres what the bruins should do. First face off Cooke is on the ice, hopefully at the beginning of the game, you line up Chara as a winger, I would say Lucic but I don't know what his fighting status is right now. Chara says to Cooke, you either fight, or we go after you in this game, and if we can't find you, it'll be Crosby or Malkin. As soon as the puck drops, mitts off, helmets off, Chara, go getem, and honestly, I don't think the code applies here, if you drop him, keep swinging.... there will be blood...i hope
    Posted by pbergeron37

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from damgood. Show damgood's posts

First  Chara  has a finger that needs surgey . If he fights with it     and cuts someone he will face a major suspension and penalty because the finger is taped to another one . WORLDS GREATEST BRUINS FAN DAMGOOD

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sad thing about the game coming up against the Pens is the NHL will announce that they will have officials in the stands/at the game to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. Really ?

The Bruins will probably end up with more penalties because there going to be so jacked up and ready to take out frustrations. The Refs will receive directives from, I can't even say the creeps name right now, the league to make sure the game doesn't get out of hand. This of course will play into Pittsburgh's hands.

The build up for this game will be like the anticipation of Neely's first game back against Samuelsson. Played right into the Penquins in that game Neely got a penalty when he retaliated after Ulf hit him in front of the net.

I for one will not look forward to the game because Lemieux and Crosby will get there way as they usually do with the league. Any open ice hit will probably draw a penalty. I of course will watch the game and want revenge but I predict more predictibility from the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Honestly what are the chances the Pens even dress Cooke for this game?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkil. Show dkil's posts

I think you go after Malkin or Crosby first...Hold the Penguins  accountable as organization.  Who really cares if Matt Cooke misses the playoffs?  One of those other two misses the playoffs...no Stanley Cup defense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: how to handle matt cooke, march 18th:
    Honestly what are the chances the Pens even dress Cooke for this game?Posted by notacryingwino

Very true and I said that on another thread. I could see the coward Shero doing this.

NHLBruins on Twitter Chiarelli on the B's on-ice reaction to the hit: "I was disappointed and I am going to speak with the team."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I say if they dress him...like another poster said you go to him and tell him that he has to drop the gloves or Crosby will pay for his cowardness.  You bring 4 goons who will never have a chance to play in their life in the nhl to complete the 4th line.  The first one fights with him.  When he come out of the box you send the second one after him with the same threat and you keep doing that all game long so he is so exhausted and tired to get a beating that next times he thinks before he takes a run at anynone else in this league. 
      If he refuses to fight you tell those goons to run Crosby and Malkin.  I don't care how ugly it looks a lot of fans were already frustrated by the season...and now even more we are hungry and we want payback!!  JUST GIVE IT TO US!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Go after SID after he skates 3 or 4 shifts. No questions asked and not a word said before. What ever the outcome it will be worth it. Maybe he can hang out with Savvy until he recovers???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Put on the foil!  F the code, F the penalties...

Old Time Hockey, like Eddie Shore!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

So let Thornton do it, he can handle it. And if he gets suspended for the rest of the year for a dirty hit, so be it. He'll forever be in the hearts of the B's fans and he'll probably earn a new contract for next year.

Besides, by the time this game rolls around, the Bruins playoff picture will be much more clear. If they are out of it, go for the suspendable hit. If they are on the bubble, go for the fight and try to beat on him twice in one game

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

go after crosby malkin and cooke. i'd rather this team has its pride then a playoff appearance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roosevelt45. Show Roosevelt45's posts

I agree with pbergeron. Don't retaliate in a dirty way against Crosby or Malkin but play very physical against them. If Cooke dress up, go after him at all cost. I don't care whether the Bruins lose that game. The current season has been dismal. They have a golden opportunity to show some pride.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Send EVERYONE after Cooke(not at once!).  Bring in someone to rally the troops pre-game(can't rely on CJ).  Play a physical game, finish every check, many fights with Cooke.

DON'T go after their stars.  They are classy people and even Sid condemned the hit.  I am embarassed enough with our team because they were heartless after Cooke's hit.  Don't want to feel even worse because we did the same.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Cooke invented this cheap shot of hitting someone after they released the puck and from the blind side.

So time to invent a new cheap shot.

Shoot the puck at his head.

Shouldn't be an intent to injure - after all, nothing else is and there is no specific rule against it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Go after Crosby and see how they react. Not likely for them to lay down like the B's did. All this crap of being dirty is nonsense. Just lay him out like Cooke did Savard. Obviously there's nothing wrong with that hit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

I think all night we should be trying to hit anyone on their team with a head shot since its "legal" according to the league. Maybe a pens player dies and the nhl gets sued for it wouldnt that be great!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

" If he dies he dies"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I'm a bloodthirsty s.o.b. but I don't want to see anyone die on the ice.  I will continue to say, though, that Matt Cooke and players like him will eat right hands from Shawn Thornton til the cows come home and never change.  This is the only way they can play and be contributors in the NHL.  The only way.  So the choice if you're Matt Cooke is a $75K salary in palookaville or $1.2 million in Pittsburgh.  You can't beat him bad enough to make that decision change.  But you can change Ray Shero's mind when it comes time to sign him, and you can send a cautionary tale to every GM out there who might think they need to be a bit "harder to play against" who thinks of signing a Matt Cooke.

Look at it this way if you don't like the idea of the Bruins dressing every grunt they can find to run Sid and Gino: Matt Cooke brings one thing to the lineup - he runs opposition stars.  He's injured Anisimov and Savard this year, and he ran Lecavalier in the past.  That's not a side effect, that's his freaking resume.  You sign this guy and you are tacitly agreeing that dressing a grunt to run the opposition's stars is part of the game.  The person you have to punish is Shero - or whoever first brought this idiot to Pissburg.  But I doubt they'll drop the latte in the runway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

The way to look at all this may not be what people like or want to hear but enough is enough. The Bruins have been screwed by the League Officials all year and in years passed. Cooke is laughing his butt off and he knows he got away with another cheap shot. Retaliating now on Cooke doesn't set things straight. Laying out Crosby will do the trick. The league won't have any excuses anymore. The excuse that "Mike Richards wasn't suspended" is why Crosby needs to get creamed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: how to handle matt cooke, march 18th:
    Why stop at shooting a puck at his head? Go after his family.
    Posted by BBRules

The NHL rules say nothing at all about going after his family.

Hey, fair is fair.  Can't suspend Cooke because it's not explicity in the rule book.

Of course going after his family is possibly against the law, but isn't that cheap shot on Savard an assualt?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Why not go after their best player if they went after our best player(it would only be fair).  After all It does not seem to bother anyone in the Pens organisation.  I am sure that they did not lose any sleep at night to see Savard go down like this. 
       If my friends decides to pull up an holdup and i am there with him and does nothing to stop him or agrees with it i am what they call his accomplice.
       Therefore i say they all are in the same boat when pretending that it was a good hit.  Therefore no mercy!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Guys, in all honesty do you think that if it was Avery hitting Crosby in the exact manner, there would be no suspension? I highly doubt it!

We NEED to do 2 things:

1. Address Cook, no code, cheap shot, intent to injure, take him out! The refs didn't, the league didn't, so we need to, period!

2. Address the league. Apperantly "shoulder" hits to the head are the same thing as a poke check, so, clean hits to Crosby & Malkin's head all night until they are taken out on a strecher. THEN maybe they will actually do something about it! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would like PC to contact me please I offer $25,000 cash to whoever knock his head off......even the zamboni driver

Sections
Shortcuts