how to turn talent into muckers....by Claude Jullien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Re: how to turn talent into muckers....by Claude Jullien

CLODE turned back the clock to his time with the Devils last night, so get used to it especially with the $20M sieve timothy thomas jr in nets

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

For the record...Given injuries, the Bruins have, what, 2 talented forwards (Patrice and Krejci) that can skate, maybe 3 (Sturm).

What kind of game are looking to play?  An up and down shootout without your best playmaker, a top 2 line winger, and a goalie that has yet to find his game (take your pick, Rask or Thomas.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

So Fucman, go watch you Patriots tape record the Bucs plays in London.  Dooshe

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

I don't think the Bruins have the talent offensively to just move up through center ice with speed to create scoring chances.  (especially with Savard out and Kess gone)

I'm not a big fan of the dump and chase style but it seems that this team is best built for that.  They have to play a defense 1st style since they don't have the playmakers on offense to play a wide-open game like Pitt or Wash do.  Plus I don't think there is a ton of NHL ready talent in the B's system and certainly no offensive playmakers yet.

and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't TT win some sort of award last year for goaltending?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

B's are down two of the top six forwards, get ready for a even tighter (boring) trap game. I got no problem with it as the nhl doesnt award style points for wins.

it will be the rare game that they will win by more than 2 goals.  The goal should be to play 500 hockey until these guys get back.  If they do this they should be fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

great post! and CJ took the credit for Kessel being a 36 goal scorer and getting himself ' a nice little raise' as CJ said.

Bruins are going NOWHERE..no way can they beat the Caps , Pens, Sharks, Wings, those teams are very talented!! balanced lineups with pure scorers, checkers, etc..

But you know something- if you dare to speak derogatory about the Bruins you get mugged on this site it seems.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

what farm system? the bruins would luv to dump draft pick mistake Hamill, geez what is he 3 years in the minors since we drafted him?

yet we get rid of Kessel who I think is YOUNGER than Hamill?

its called bRUINS!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: how to turn talent into muckers....by Claude Jullien:
    [QUOTE]what farm system? the bruins would luv to dump draft pick mistake Hamill, geez what is he 3 years in the minors since we drafted him? yet we get rid of Kessel who I think is YOUNGER than Hamill? its called bRUINS!
    Posted by anthony3063[/QUOTE]

Hamill is a year younger than Kessel and was drafted in 2007. Kessel was drafted in 2006. Hamill has spent ONE year in the minors, last year, and was recovering from surgery on his hand that set him back significantly.

Kessel was NHL ready when he was chosen by the Bruins; the top five in that draft were standouts. The next year's draft was not as talent-rich, and the Bruins knew that Hamill would need at least one more year in the WHL. He's a standout playmaker and goal-scorer, but needed to grow and develop, as most young players do. The instant NHLer is a rare breed. 

Hamill had an excellent training camp but just turned 21 years old and can use some more AHL seasoning, as guys like David Krejci, Matt Hunwick and Tuukka Rask did. That's what the minors are for. 

As for the original post, I have to think it's a joke. Haha! Very funny!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

Next year, Phil Kessel will be playing on a line with Savard and Wheeler. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: how to turn talent into muckers....by Claude Jullien:
    [QUOTE]  Next year, Phil Kessel will be playing on a line with Savard and Wheeler. 
    Posted by JimKe[/QUOTE]

Since Savard has publicly expressed his desire recently to stay in Boston, the only way Toronto would be appear to be able to lure him away would be with a massive offer, something he would not be able to refuse.

Since they've lost the bulk of their draft picks and will have to depend on the free agent market to improve over the next couple of years, how would Toronto be able to afford those three players? That was Ottawa's Achilles' heel - a huge chunk of their salary cap tied up in one line, with little left for the rest of the lineup.