How will pc get under the cap in a few months?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

How will pc get under the cap in a few months?

Something has to give when Savard and Sturm comeback. I know this topic has been mentioned a multiple times already.

Savard being traded is unlikely to happen though thats what pc would like to do the most. Waiving him could be a desperate option. Ideally if Savard never suited up again, and went into long term injury career than i don't believe his salary would count against the cap

Likely what i think is happening is PC is showcasing TT and Ryder and hoping they can gain attention around the league. Both have played solid thus far. Flyers have shaky goaltending already.

Matt Hunwick being traded could also be a possibility(in addition). We have Bartowski and Kampfer who are doing great at providence and could easily play in the nhl.

Bruins team salary = $66,135,000
    League salaray cap 2010-2011 = $59,500 approx

It will be interesting to see what happens when Savard/Sturm are inserted into the lineup. Does Caron and Marchand get sent down? does Wheeler go to the 4th line ? If Ryder doesn't get traded where does he play?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Re: How will pc get under the cap in a few months?

What is the total dollar amount that Savard+Sturm put them over the cap?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: How will pc get under the cap in a few months?:
    [QUOTE]What is the total dollar amount that Savard+Sturm put them over the cap?
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]
    The following line-up has a cap hit $2.71M over the cap:
    Bergeron, Lucic, Savard, Horton, Ryder, Krejčí, Sequin, Sturm, Wheeler, Recchi, Campbell, Paille, Thornton, Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, Stuart, Hunwick, McQuaid, Thomas, Rask.
    That's 13F and 7D, essentially the current lineup with Savard and Sturm added, and the safe players sent down (Marchand, McGratton, and Caron).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

None of the above.  Demote Ryder to Providence, and possibly trade Hunwick

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Need to clear 2.7

Paille - 1.075
    Hunwick - 1.55

Soooo close with that right there and I dont think it would affect the team much at all. hmm somehow need to lose like .2 more.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Hard to trade Savard, Ryder or Thomas with the contracts that PC gave them...

Who would even want Hunwick ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]Need to clear 2.7 Paille - 1.075 Hunwick - 1.55 Soooo close with that right there and I dont think it would affect the team much at all. hmm somehow need to lose like .2 more.
    That would put the Bruins in the same situation that the Devils were in last week.  They would be so tight against the cap that they couldn't replace any players that had short-term injuries.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Does any know what happens when you waive a player? Say Ryder if nobody wants him, does waiving him make us responsible for only 2 million dollars of his total salary?

2.7 can be done. Though someone needs to explain to me that we are currently at 66 something million total team salary and the cap is at 59, so how we are only 2.7 away from meeting the cap?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How will pc get under the cap in a few months? : That would put the Bruins in the same situation that the Devils were in last week.  They would be so tight against the cap that they couldn't replace any players that had short-term injuries.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

Yeah this true, I guess ideally you can move ryder for something. Clearing 4mil  and leaving you 1.3 to mess with if theres an injury. The real judgement shouldnt even be made till 15-20 games in when this problem is coming to fruition. If ryder is playing well then its  going to be less hard to move him. If he's not then they'd have to mess with waivers. What if Sturm has a setback?

TO many variables IMO right now. Like what if Caron and Seguin really turn it on then do you have to consider moving wheeler too??

I think this a wait and see type thing here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How will pc get under the cap in a few months? : The following line-up has a cap hit $2.71M over the cap: Bergeron, Lucic, Savard, Horton, Ryder, Krejčí, Sequin, Sturm, Wheeler, Recchi, Campbell, Paille, Thornton, Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, Stuart, Hunwick, McQuaid, Thomas, Rask. That's 13F and 7D, essentially the current lineup with Savard and Sturm added, and the safe players sent down (Marchand, McGratton, and Caron).
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

You can shave a bit more off with Marchand over Paille and Id like to get Caron into that lineup as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

We are currently also carrying McGratton, Caron, and Marchand - for a total of $1.965M extra against the cap.  Those three could be sent down to Providence risk free (as far as I am aware).  Also, that $66M is probably their actual payroll, rather than cap hit - that is currently reported as $64,805,024.

A player sent to the AHL that has to clear waivers would be completely off of the books (unless a 35 year old or older player contract).  If Ryder were sent down, then claimed on the way up, the Bruins would loose him, and still be responsible for $2M of his cap hit.

There is one thing I haven't included in that calculation - Whitfield. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: How will pc get under the cap in a few months?:[QUOTE]None of the above.  Demote Ryder to Providence, and possibly trade Hunwick Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Agreed and it's been said a hundred times. For posters that might say "Yah but what if Ryder is playing well ?" Good someone will take him on re-entry waivers.

If PC were to except a conditional 3rd or 4th rounder for Hunwick there's plenty of teams that would want Matt. If Dale Tallon is dumb enough to take Wideman I'm sure he's stupid enough to take Hunwick. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Trade Paille & Hunwick

Paille great on PK but hands of stone.

Ryder stays as long as he's playing well. And right now, he is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How will pc get under the cap in a few months? : You can shave a bit more off with Marchand over Paille and Id like to get Caron into that lineup as well.
    That would save about $0.5M, but Paille won't clear waivers easily.  Some team looking for PK help will see what he did for the Bruins last year and snag him, especially if it is on recall waivers.  He should have some trade value, though.
    The lineup I posted is what I think should be used as a starting point for trades/demotions.  If you want Caron in the lineup, that's another $0.86M that needs to be cleared.  The more I look at it, the more it looks like Chiarelli will have to make a series of small moves no matter what. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

..And because they're small moves they will happen. Last year the Kobasew move netted PC a very nice 2nd rounder this year as Minnesota doesn't look like there going anywhere. Bartkowski for Hunwick as well I like it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

PC will cross the bridge when he'll get to the river ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of the suggestions are obvious. Trade Paille; send McGratton to providence; Trade Hunwick; Assuming that Wheeler has not awakened, trade Wheeler and maybe add Ference as a package[ Islanders maybe]. Add Sturm to Wheeler's spot with Bergeron/Caron.Insert McQuaid with Seidenberg and Bartkowski with Stuart. Don't expect CJ to be too happy with these changes, and still does not answer where does Savvy fit in? Could possibly rotate Recchi[ save for stretch] Marchand, and Thornton as odd forward, since McQuaid, Lucic,Chara, Boychuck and Campbell could answer the bell when needed. That gives a third line of Seguin/Savard/Ryder; added to Lucic/Kreji/Horton; Sturm/Bergeron/Caron; plus Campbell with alternatives depending upon opponent.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

By the time they're ready to return, someone else might be on the shelf with an injury.

Chiarelli isn't going to make any moves right away. Fans are just going to have to wait and see.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

as of late last night hags reported that chia has told him he has a plan for this already...this is assumung everyone is healthy..im not convinved ryder is the odd man out  caron is 1 not sure who 2nd guy will be... paille hunwik would clear enough room if they believe mcquaid is ready for full time duty pallie isnt needed...  savy lucic horton   krejci wheels ryder   bergy sturm rex  thor camp march   who comes out for seguin?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

the danger in trading any of those forwards is wha if savy stum or someone else goes down later in year then we are forced to rely on rookies at crunch time 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If Paille can't get back in the lineup, I have to think he's moveable to a team with PK problems.  That's a start.  Plenty of potential trade bait from Ryder on - but if Ryder and Seguin have chemisty, that might just be his get out of jail card. 

Maybe the bigger question is: do you consider dealing away a good player to get more of a return, or do you take the short-term hit of just burying a player or giving him away for nothing (or paying someone to take him!).  We've basically spent all of our time discussing which of the peripheral players, or the guys who won't be around after this year, will get the boot.  I'm not sure what that would entail, though, because the roster is pretty evenly divided into three categories: guys you'd have to consider part of the long-term core (Bergeron, Savard, Seguin, Krejci, Horton, Lucic, Chara, Rask), guys whose ages and salaries don't really fit this kind of consideration (Caron, Marchand, Boychuk, Stuart at one end, Recchi at the other), and the bottom end including guys who aren't long for black and gold (Wheeler, Thornton, Campbell, Ryder, Sturm, McGrattan, Hunwick, Ference).  So other than the bottom feeders, what kind of hockey deal helps with the cap?  The only three that jump out at me: Seidenberg, Stuart, and Tim Thomas - and you can probably take Thomas with a grain of salt even with his good start.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

lucic savard seguin   sturm bergy wheels  krejc ryder horton    rex camp thorn is my team

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to How will pc get under the cap in a few months?:
    [QUOTE]Something has to give when Savard and Sturm comeback. I know this topic has been mentioned a multiple times already. Savard being traded is unlikely to happen though thats what pc would like to do the most. Waiving him could be a desperate option. Ideally if Savard never suited up again, and went into long term injury career than i don't believe his salary would count against the cap Likely what i think is happening is PC is showcasing TT and Ryder and hoping they can gain attention around the league. Both have played solid thus far. Flyers have shaky goaltending already. Matt Hunwick being traded could also be a possibility(in addition). We have Bartowski and Kampfer who are doing great at providence and could easily play in the nhl. Bruins team salary = $66,135,000 League salaray cap 2010-2011 = $59,500 approx It will be interesting to see what happens when Savard/Sturm are inserted into the lineup. Does Caron and Marchand get sent down? does Wheeler go to the 4th line ? If Ryder doesn't get traded where does he play?
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Waive Savard? Are you high? And who says that trading Savard is what PC would like to do most? I'm not so sure about that. Our PP could use him. Something tells me PC knows this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah good one PC waives someone with PCS that would end up in an Arbitrator's lap in a jiffy then Chiarelli would have to explain to Jacobs why Savard is collecting 28Mil to play on the Canadian version of the Nationwide golf tour.

And yes the Bruins PP is waiting in angst for Savard to return.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I also say none of the above.  Someone else will get hurt.  Or someone can get demoted to the AHL.  For a trade, I also agree Paille is good trade bait for a team with PK trouble.  Deal the Wheel.

Sections
Shortcuts