How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin?

In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin? : Personally, if it were up to me I'd rather have a legit NHL threat on the wing rather than 5 centers. I know that kind of logic is challenging for you- but we could trade a center to get help on the wing and solve this issue - and help the team get better. If the math is hard, you might try a calculator.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Insightful and meaningful !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin? : Personally, if it were up to me I'd rather have a legit NHL threat on the wing rather than 5 centers. I know that kind of logic is challenging for you- but we could trade a center to get help on the wing and solve this issue - and help the team get better. If the math is hard, you might try a calculator.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    Canadas olympic team had 7 centers out of 13 forwards.Take the most talented players and go from there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]That's what Pavlov said....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

That was a classic Book!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin? : Canadas olympic team had 7 centers out of 13 forwards.Take the most talented players and go from there.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yzerman's calculator must have been broken when selecting Team Canada . What a bad situation he put Team Canada in by having too many centers .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin? : Yzerman's calculator must have been broken when selecting Team Canada . What a bad situation he put Team Canada in by having too many centers .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    forced to count with his fingers and still manages a gold..........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin? : forced to count with his fingers and still manages a gold..........

Perfect example by you dez that centers can play wing if needed. Good post !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin? : Perfect example by you dez that centers can play wing if needed. Good post !
    I was due to say something right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]2 words: Briere, Carter.  Philly tried putting Briere on RW with Hartnell and Carter in the regular season, and it failed. They tried putting Carter with Gagne and Richards in the playoffs, and that didnt work out too well. Then what happened when they putt Briere back at his NATURAL POSITION in game 5 vs NJ? He went on to lead the NHL in playoff scoring. Im not saying Seguin can't play wing. I just think he is better suited as a centerman. Id rather have bergeron play wing on seguins right side with wheeler or lucic on the left. I don't think Seguin is suited well by going into corner battles for pucks and going hard to the net for rebounds. He did a lot of damage from the high slot while with plymouth, as a center. I say if he is struggling and makking defensive mistakes at center, then move him to wing, but for now, Id rather see him play center
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

One word:  Kessel

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonRob4. Show BostonRob4's posts

I don't think it would make too much of a difference, but then again I am a Goalie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Not at all!

Seguin (French of German root) means Seg-Victory win-friend= Victory Friend

There is a team in Parry Sound (HOME of #4 BOBBY ORR) in the OJHL called the Seguin Bruins.

There is a Seguin Trail in Ontario that goes thru Parry Sound(HOME of #4 BOBBY ORR), also a place called Orrville and ends in Nobel.

All these things point to the fact that  Seguin was destined to be a Bruin as there is already a team named after him in the home town of the greatest player and greatest Bruin that has ever lived.

We haven't had a winner since Orr, now we have a player where part of Orr's Stanley Cup parade thru Parryhoots was on a trail named after him the Seguin Trail.

His name means victory and his trail leads to Nobel where the Stanley has already traveled, it doesn't matter where he plays.

Smart money would put him on D and he just might be the second coming, there are just too many signs to dismiss.

Yes put him on D, he can skate, he can shoot and he can pass.

P.S. NAS...
                   There is a lake up there named Ryder, and a Hammell Ave. maybe they are supposed to play together.LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

GOAT-
    I fear Ryder lake is where they find the bodies, and hammell ave is where they dump the car...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin? : Perfect example by you dez that centers can play wing if needed. Good post !

It's much, much easier for a center to adjust to playing wing than vice versa, which is why Yzerman chose so many, and why the Bruins are constantly drafting centers. They're most often the BPA (best player available). It's like baseball teams drafting shortstops. You can move a SS to the outfield (Carl Yazstremski, for example) a lot more easily than the other way around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]GOAT- I fear Ryder lake is where they find the bodies, and hammell ave is where they dump the car...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

wow that is funny too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How would playing wing instead of center affect Sequin? : Canadas olympic team had 7 centers out of 13 forwards.Take the most talented players and go from there.

Touche.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]GOAT- I fear Ryder lake is where they find the bodies, and hammell ave is where they dump the car...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Might be a way to fix the non cap issue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Centers can play anywhere, just ask Colborne, he has said he would play nets to get to the show.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Seguin had never played wing would we be having this debate ? Probably. Me thinks it is a good thing that Tyler is this versatile and he'll probably excel at either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Seguin is a natural center, and that is where he needs to play.  No problem for him to play wing for a short while the 2010-11 roster shakes out, but this kid needs to play in the middle. 

Sections
Shortcuts