How would you feel if...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

How would you feel if...

Cam Neely took a GM position with another team? 

When I first heard that TBay was talking to Yzerman a few weeks ago I thought there is no way in hell he'd leave Detroit, they gave him a position for life.  I understand his reasons for leaving but am absolutely shocked.

So back to the question, what if Neely did the same?  I'd be pissed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: How would you feel if...

Why would you be pissed? Do you know exactly what Neely does? I have no idea what his job is, exactly, and whether he's good at it, bad at it, or mediocre.

And why would anyone hire Neely at this point in time? Yzerman's got the resume - he's been in the Red Wings F.O. since 2006, and he was GM of the Canadian national team for the 2007 world championships and the 2010 Olympics.

At any rate, if Neely did get a job as a GM, as a fan, I'd applaud and wish him the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I find myself wondering who is really making the calls inside Bruins management.  Who decided to grab Paille, for instance, and who decided to swap Morris for Seidenberg?  Who has the real eye for talent vs non?  Who decided that it was time for Ward, Axe, and Yelle to go last year? Who gave Marchand a shot early in the year but then left him off in favor of Whitfield?   Who decided to hire Begin and will probably decided to let him go now?

I have a hunch that Neeley is the main man for evaluating talent.  Chiarelli takes his and Julien's advice and worries out the money, the contracts. 

Just a hunch.  If Neeley left, it would leave us floundering.  More than we are.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I think there are a lot more voices on Chiarelli's staff than many fans think.

The one thing I do know is that Don Sweeney is a prominent one.

And this team is far from "floundering." Seriously. They were decimated by injuires this year, and suffered some horrid slumps (Ryder and Wheeler in particular), but they've got a terrific core of young talent, a tolerable cap position, and the #2 draft pick. Two-thirds (at least) of the NHL would give anything to be in the Bruins' position right now.

Just as a point of comparison, they said on the NHL Network the other day that the Blackhawks have more than $56 million tied up next year in 14 players. FOURTEEN PLAYERS! Can you imagine?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Jim Benning was responsible for getting the Bruins from being the worst PK in 2010 to the best when he sugessted to PC to pick up Paille. That's what scouts and assistant GMs do.

"He came to the Bruins after twelve seasons in the Buffalo Sabres organization including eight seasons as that team’s Director of Amateur Scouting. In that position, he oversaw the club’s scouting staff and led the team at the annual NHL Entry Draft."

Back to the Neely question you have to pay your dues ala Yzerman before a tightwad Billionaire like Jacobs trusts his multi million dollar business to you even if your a hall of famer. Cam sin't going to leave his cushy life and beautiful home in Winchester too boot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

This isn't meant to degrade Cam Neely, but being a great player and a good person doesn't mean you can be a GM, or a coach for that matter. Some of the greatest athletes have turned out to be lousy coaches and/or GMs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I'd say "Good for him"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I would be surprised if Cam left for another position.  I don't know what his duties are, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a relatively coushy job compared to Yzerman's duties with the Red Wings since his retirement.  I doubt that Cam currently has the skill set in place to be a good GM in the NHL.  I also doubt that another team would pay him the kind of money that he is making now for a similar position.  Cam was a Boston Bruins legend.

While I am sure that Red Wings fans may be a bit sad to se Stevie Y. go, I have little doubt that he will be back.  Ken Holland has made the Red Wings a perennial contender, and I don't see any reason why he won't stick around for several more years.  By the time Holland is ready to retire, Yzerman will have NHL GM experience.  Everybody knows that if he has proven to be any good at it, Yzerman will return to Detroit to lead his team from the front office. 

He's had his management apprenticeship in Detroit.  Now it's time to see if he can put his education to work.  If he is bad at it, it won't cost the Red Wings a thing.  If he is good at it, he will be Ken Holland's heir apparent.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Get over yourselves....

Who cares if Cam Neely went to another team ?

Everyone can change teams...

Yzerman went to the Bolts...

Big effin deal !

Gretzky went from the Oilers to the Kings to the Blues to the Rangers...

You want loyalty ?

Buy a dog !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

The best thing for cam would be to leave the bruins if he ever wants to be a succesful gm in hockey. Being around PC has to be doing damage if he is learning from passive peaty!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Stevie Y probably just got bored with the Dead Things and their boring style of play....

Wins some Cups... sure...

But...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !

Stop putting everyone else to sleep, Detroit !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Duinne- you asked why I would be pissed, simple, Love Cam Neely, think he needs to part of this organization and sould have a position for life if he doesn't already.

San Dog- Absolutely has to pay his dues, never said he didn't, actually have heard little from Cam as to his aspirations.

Regardles, deep down i'd be happy for him if that ever happened, but diapointed he was leaving. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Yes, 12 million of that is for Campbell and Huet. Just try and compare the B's cap situation to that and you look silly. 

In Response to Re: How would you feel if...:
    I think there are a lot more voices on Chiarelli's staff than many fans think. The one thing I do know is that Don Sweeney is a prominent one. And this team is far from "floundering." Seriously. They were decimated by injuires this year, and suffered some horrid slumps (Ryder and Wheeler in particular), but they've got a terrific core of young talent, a tolerable cap position, and the #2 draft pick. Two-thirds (at least) of the NHL would give anything to be in the Bruins' position right now. Just as a point of comparison, they said on the NHL Network the other day that the Blackhawks have more than $56 million tied up next year in 14 players. FOURTEEN PLAYERS! Can you imagine?
    Posted by duinne

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: How would you feel if...:
    Get over yourselves.... Who cares if Cam Neely went to another team ? Everyone can change teams... Yzerman went to the Bolts... Big effin deal ! Gretzky went from the Oilers to the Kings to the Blues to the Rangers... You want loyalty ? Buy a dog !
    Posted by RMiller87

Big effin deal?  I'd go so far as to say who cares? What does he do, anyway?  Answer: nothing except a figure head.  He's a retired jersey pinned to the wall and nothing else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Neely seems a little slow upstairs. A lot of heart which is sometimes better than brains.

Sections
Shortcuts