Howard mugs Crysby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Howard mugs Crysby

Watching the Wings game tonight vs. Pittsburgh. At the end of the game Crysby takes a few cheapshots at Zetterberg and Jimmy Howard gets into it with Crysby. Not a fight but enough to send a message to the Pens that the Wings aren't goint o take their garbage.

I'm just sayin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itvVwhBpGMk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

Re: Howard mugs Crysby

Crsoby is a highly skilled bi&ch. he made zetts look like a vag, tho. You see moen take that skate in the mug, tonight? gruesome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Howard mugs Crysby:
    Crsoby is a highly skilled bi&ch. he made zetts look like a vag, tho. You see moen take that skate in the mug, tonight? gruesome.
    Posted by Wheelhouse46

I saw a replay of it and yeah, it was nasty.

Agree on Z as well. He's not exactly a tough guy which is why Crysby went after him like that. But Jimmy has a mean streak in him. I got to know Howie pretty well here in Grand Rapids when he was a Griffin. He definitely has an edge to him. Which, as an ex-goalie myself, is nice to see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

I thought i saw on NHL on the fly, Godard was out there trying to get into it? I think its safe to say, goalies like getting into the mix cause they know everyone on their team will stick up for them. good for howard tho. i guess. like last week when cindy dove and Lundqui went over and said something to him.

ON THE OTHER HAND.... if i see one more goal go in on tim thomas while hes trying to cross check someone infront of the net, im gonna lose my sh%t

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Good for Howard.  I loved the way he stuck up for Zetterberg.  What was Crosby thinking? 

There's no way he would have pulled that with a tougher star player like Ovie. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

There's no way he would have pulled that with a tougher star player like Ovie

Yeah he could... caps have no tough guys. Unless you count Bradley jumping in last minute.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beerpaul. Show beerpaul's posts

In Response to Re: Howard mugs Crysby : I saw a replay of it and yeah, it was nasty. Agree on Z as well. He's not exactly a tough guy which is why Crysby went after him like that. But Jimmy has a mean streak in him. I got to know Howie pretty well here in Grand Rapids when he was a Griffin. He definitely has an edge to him. Which, as an ex-goalie myself, is nice to see.
    Posted by BruWingFan

Crysby(love the nickname) was repeatedly jabbing Zett for what appeared to be no reason....except the fact Crysby is probably a sore loser.   He deserved that from Howard....or anyone from the Wings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

There's no way he would have pulled that with a tougher star player like Ovie Yeah he could... caps have no tough guys. Unless you count Bradley jumping in last minute.
    Posted by Wheelhouse46

I'm not a big Ovie fluffer, but if Crosby tried that on him, he would spend the next eight hours in surgery getting pieces of his visor removed from his sinus cavity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

Im puzzled... Ive never seen Ov in any scrum, what so ever. Im not a Cindy fluffer, but... hes scrappier than Ov. ask andrew ference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

There's a difference between toughness and cheap shots, with Ovechkin going nowhere near being tough. He's the typical Russian crybaby, always the first with a cheap shot and the last one to drop his gloves. Say what you want about Crosby but he very rarely cheapshots a guy like Ovechkin tries to do at least twice a game. I've seen Ovechkin throw more leg checks, hits from behind and slew foots then I've seen any other star player combined. Heck Bergeron has been in more fights than Ovechkin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenianBlood. Show FenianBlood's posts

Crosby may be goog but his constant cheap shots like his cross checking, trips and jabbing players with his stick will cost him !! One day someone will line him up and hell be out for the year.  Hes a little rat !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Cindy Crysby does this sort of stuff alot, little jabs and crosschecks, etc., but never face up. Always from behind while play is ongoing so there is rarely any retaliation. I'm amazed he doesn't get called for it more. Good job by Howard smacking him across his liver lips with his glove.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Suspend Crosby! It was after the game ended.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Can't stop laughing at "Cindy Crysby."  Can't believe I hadn't heard that one before.  Watched game 7 of the finals with a Pens fan last year and, right after Crysby's on-ice, post-game interview, I said something about him being really good but such a frikkin whiner.  Friend says "When does he whine!!"  I said "He's whined three times since winning the Cup!  'The Cup is heavy, it was hard to sit on the bench and watch my team win the game without me, we've played a lot of hockey the last two years...."' 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Crosby and Zetterberg have been going at it for years now.  He gets inder Crosby's skin as he did 2 years ago when the Wings won the cup. 

Since we're talking Pens , I would like to bring up a different subject.
    Last nite I heard an interview from Spezza, stating that it's two years the the NHLPA has asked the league to do something about blind side hits and shots to the head.  You know what the league answered ......
    " The rules are already in place to penalize such actions in the current rule book. No need to add a rule" 
    Now isn't that what the NHL stands for ?
    I wish Bruins play the Pens the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Joe,

Ovie is about the furthest thing from the "typical russian" player.. He has a full physical game that is one of the tops in the leagues... He has definitely made some bad hits this year, but I don't think its cheap shots as much as he is always going full speed and needs to learn when to lay off.. Ovie dropped the gloves like a month ago against downie ready to go before bradley jumped in as well

and at 6'2 235 ish, id take him over crosby in a tussel any day..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

He's the typical Russian in the sense that he gives out more cheap shots than legitimate hits. And it's been more than this year that he's made cheap hits. He leg checked Gonchar in the playoffs last year, causing Gonchar to miss a few games. He also slew footed Jordan Staal in the same series. He's made hits in the past that should have carried suspensions but because he didn't have a prior "habit" for dirty hits Campbell let it go. If you think that hit on Brian Campbell was because he was going at full speed then you're delusional, he saw numbers and he still made the hit anyways. He'll do anything he wants and try to act like it's innocent. There's a difference between playing with high intensity and playing recklessly and he plays recklessly. He doesn't care about what he does on the ice so long as he scores. 

Yea he's going to win in a one on one in almost any kind of hit, but I'd rather have Crosby on my team over Ovechkin. Ovechkin will win you Presidents trophies and scoring titles but Crosby will win you a cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

We disagree on the hit, campbel went as far as to say the hit was "almost" legal,  The hit comes from the side but his angle at Campbell is bad, but at that speed in that area of the rink he should have just let up..  I do agree on the reckless play, which is what I am saying by he needs to learn when to let off though..Similary the hit on gonchar, wrong angle, he is setting up or either a hip or to throw a shoulder, bearing weight on his front leg, he doesnt extend the leg to catch gonchar etc,  not the same as some of the knees that have been seen in the past where players have put the knee out as part of the hit. 

Crosby will make the team and players around him better.. but if you were the bruins right now ovie would be the man.. Crosby works in pitt where they have guys who can pot the puck.. we need guys who can finish and we're deep at center..

I also think its way to early to write off that ovechkin wont win you a cup, I mean they did go to game 7 last year, and I would think aside from goal tending washington is the favorite in the east this year, Crosbys had more talent around him to this point in their careers...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Malkin out of the lineup and look what happens to Sid n the Penquins a mediocore team. Put Malkin back in Pittsburgh are world beaters. No Malkin no cup in Pittsburgh!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Crosby mostly does cheap shots like his cross checking, jabbing players with his stick, and other such cheap stuff, against Euro type guys. He also knows that the refs will step in, and I mean real quick, and all of them, anytime players retaliate against him. Good player though.

Sections
Shortcuts