How's this for a trade rumor?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

How's this for a trade rumor?

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/article12605.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Re: How's this for a trade rumor?

I don't think Savard signed a 7 year deal to play in Columbus.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

this makes absolutely zero sense.  Wheeler was drafted 5th in the draft and Savard is proven top 10 center and we give up the 15th pick with it.  Not buying it.. Maybe 15th pick and wheeler.. but no savard

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't see it as that bad of an idea.  When Savard signed his new deal, the B's weren't aware that Seguin might be on the way.

This deal would alleviate the need to fight with Blake "I'm not playing for Phoenix" Wheeler about worth, would free up some decent money for free agent shopping, and would inject another potential young stud into the organization.

Remember, also, that Savard might not be fully recovered from his concussion for a while.  It took Bergeron almost a full year to get back.  While I hope it's not the case, Savard might never be the same.

Most trade rumors are complete junk, and this one most likely is also, but if it happened, I think I would be okay with it.

One more thing on Wheeler:  If he sticks around, they're going to have to pay him a decent amount.  What if they give him a three year deal for $2.5M or $3M per year, and he doesn't get any better.  I think we'd hate that contract more than Ryder's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I would vomit if they gave Wheeler 3 million.  Do you think Savvy would waive his no-trade for Columbus? I guess Nash would be riding shotgun so you never know.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor?:
    I would vomit if they gave Wheeler 3 million.  Do you think Savvy would waive his no-trade for Columbus? I guess Nash would be riding shotgun so you never know.
    Posted by derrickmorin

Savard, who spends more time on his hair than any man should, would probably do just about anything to have Rick Nash on his wing.  He'd probably be happier to pump his stats than win a Cup.

I think he'd say yes before the question was complete.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor? : Savard, who spends more time on his hair than any man should, would probably do just about anything to have Rick Nash on his wing.  He'd probably be happier to pump his stats than win a Cup. I think he'd say yes before the question was complete.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Why would he sign on for 7 years in Boston to play in a defensive system if he cared only about points?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor? : Why would he sign on for 7 years in Boston to play in a defensive system if he cared only about points?
    Posted by derrickmorin

Coaches change, systems change.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor? : Coaches change, systems change.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

He wouldn't have signed with the Bruins if all he cared about was points.  Yes coaches change but he signed with the system how it is now, not how it 'might' be a few years from now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor? : He wouldn't have signed with the Bruins if all he cared about was points.  Yes coaches change but he signed with the system how it is now, not how it 'might' be a few years from now.
    Posted by derrickmorin

Oh, I get it.  This is one of your "I want to say something, but first I'll ask a question, and no matter what the response is, I'll dispute it and then make my point."

Very childish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor? : Oh, I get it.  This is one of your "I want to say something, but first I'll ask a question, and no matter what the response is, I'll dispute it and then make my point." Very childish.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

huh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

If this trade goes down, why would ANY top notch free agent ever want to sign in boston??? You dont trade a guy before his extension has even started. Besides, if any center shiuld be traded its bergeron because a) he has the highest cap hit and b) him being a complete player would get the best return. I wouldnt doubt columbus saying yes to bergeron for the 4th straight up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Marc Savard, Blake Wheeler and the 15th overall pick for the fourth overall pick?
    And some of you think this would be a GOOD idea?
    Maybe, if we want to know how Chicago felt after the Esposito trade. That's highway robbery.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If this trade goes down, why would ANY top notch free agent ever want to sign in boston??? You dont trade a guy before his extension has even started. Besides, if any center shiuld be traded its bergeron because a) he has the highest cap hit and b) him being a complete player would get the best return. I wouldnt doubt columbus saying yes to bergeron for the 4th straight up
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

This would be something that the B's haven't done.  How many top notch free agents have signed with the B's in the past 10 years?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Not just free agents, but guys like krejci, rask, seguin in the future. why would they want to re-sign in boston if management is so quick to turn their back on players. Not-a-shot, I also noticed you happen to dislike savard. You say that he is not a #1 center in the nhl, well guess what, neither is bergeron nor krejci.I KNOW savard is a #1 center in the NHL.

oh and to bergeron lovers, I dont hate him, hes one of my favorite b's, but people keep saying he had such and "amazing season" since when does putting up 52 points and playing solid defense qualify as an amazing season. He is NOT a #1 center in this league an as of right now, neither is krejci. So why trade savard???

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not just free agents, but guys like krejci, rask, seguin in the future. why would they want to re-sign in boston if management is so quick to turn their back on players. Not-a-shot, I also noticed you happen to dislike savard. You say that he is not a #1 center in the nhl, well guess what, neither is bergeron nor krejci.I KNOW savard is a #1 center in the NHL. oh and to bergeron lovers, I dont hate him, hes one of my favorite b's, but people keep saying he had such and "amazing season" since when does putting up 52 points and playing solid defense qualify as an amazing season. He is NOT a #1 center in this league an as of right now, neither is krejci. So why trade savard???
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Trading a player is not a team turning it's back on him.  It's business.  If the B's make the deal and it improves the team, I don't think other players would be hesistant to re-sign.  I think they would be more hesitant to re-sign if the team didn't make deals to improve because it was trying to be nice to a player.  Chiarelli has handed out very player friendly contracts recently. 

PC:  Hey David, thanks for coming in.

DK:  No problem, Pete.

PC:  Listen, you've really progressed as a player and seem to be pretty good in the locker room. 

DK:  Thanks, Pete.  I try, ya know?

PC:  Oh, I know.  So anyway, we have to get this contract BS out of the way, and you know how much I hate negotiation.

DK:  (chuckles)  Really?

PC:  Yeah, so without seeing what other players of your skill and age are making, we'd like to give you a five year deal worth $29,000,000.  It'll be front loaded so you can have the money in your hands a lot faster.

DK:  No way, Peter!  You asked Savard to waive his no trade clause, he did, and now he's centering Rick Nash, making me the team's #1 center while we have that future Norris candidate you got with the pick in return.  I'm outta here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Guys, its business both ways, savard signed that long term extension bot just for the Bs but for himself, think about it, its not always about where but how much and how long regardless what savie might of made us think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I were Marc Savard and PC came to me to ask me to waive my NTC a year after signing an extension I'd tell Chiarelli to SHOVE THAT IDEA UP YOUR A__!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor? : This would be something that the B's haven't done.  How many top notch free agents have signed with the B's in the past 10 years?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Joe Thornton, Zedeno Chara, Mark Savard, Glen Murray, and even though it didnt work out ill throw Alexi Zhamnov into that mix as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Savard won't be the guy who leaves if we make a trade with Columbus. Nobody signs a 7 year deal to be traded almost immediately afterward. He'll be here for at least 3-4 years before they'd entertain the idea. If we even tried to trade him now there would be no security in signing a contract with the B's without being given a no movement clause.

If anybody could go in a trade with Columbus it'd be Bergeron. Screw cindy, yes he had 52 points, but that was on the 3rd line with Recchi (who despite still being a solid player isn't a high scoring winger anymore) and a rotation of non scorers. Bergeron was also on the 2nd line powerplay unit, but given the lack of scoring our entire powerplay was constantly ineffective.

Bergeron has had experience playing with Rick Nash, and while we haven't used him as the offensive weapon he can be, Columbus certainly can. He would be a great 2-way center for them, and given our logjam at center and Bergeron's cap hit, he would be the casualty.

I like Bergeron, and believe he's a great player and one of the most respected Bruins in the past 10 years, but I'd rather see him give his career a fresh start in Columbus, who is a center (to play with Nash), a good defenseman and a rebound season for Steve Mason away from being a legitimate Cup contender. They've got a great young core  who, if they continue to develop as they do, will make Columbus a feared team in the Western Conference within the next 2-4 years. 

Bergeron does have less trade value than Savard, but I think a Bergeron and the 15th pick for the 4th could be enough, but then again Scott Howson may not agree.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor? : Joe Thornton, Zedeno Chara, Mark Savard, Glen Murray, and even though it didnt work out ill throw Alexi Zhamnov into that mix as well.
    Posted by puckhog9966

Thornton and Murray were RFAs.  Murray was a far cry from "top notch", injured and on the decline.

Chara was offered a max contract.  A well known skin flint, he probably would have taken the contract if it were offered by anyone on Earth.

Leaves us with Savard, because Zhamnov was a total joke, a bad contract for an average player.

In 10 years, treating their players well, the B's had one (or two if you include Chara...which I don't) highly skilled RFA come on board in a very long time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: How's this for a trade rumor? : Thornton and Murray were RFAs.  Murray was a far cry from "top notch", injured and on the decline. Chara was offered a max contract.  A well known skin flint, he probably would have taken the contract if it were offered by anyone on Earth. Leaves us with Savard, because Zhamnov was a total joke, a bad contract for an average player. In 10 years, treating their players well, the B's had one (or two if you include Chara...which I don't) highly skilled RFA come on board in a very long time.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

see now your changing your terms of discussion here ... your question was merely top notch free agents you didnt specify unrestricted free agents and ill argue zhamnov was not a joke till he signed with the bruins and i also mentioned that in my post, but he had a value going into that contract that i thought at 3mil. a year was pretty decent at the time though i think rolston walked away to minne. for similiar money and i would have kept him over zhamnov at that time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Heres what makes sense of this rumour, If PC trades away savie and wheeler and the 15th pick, A: it reduces salary  by as much as 7 to 8 mil. B: it takes the pressure off PC to try and deal for the 1st pick in Hall (if thats who they truly want and at what cost, allows them to sit and take seguin at 2nd. (its a gamble because who knows what edmonton does, regardless the Bs still have alot of centers coming up who are very close to nhl ready. C: it allows them to draft that Dman they have been looking for a long time, at the same time can actually then not have to be pressured into signing chara next year or stuart this year (just an example) and possibly trade a d or 2 now, one never knows, but I have said this befre many times, PC has so many scenerios to work with, Most GMs are in awe. But saying that, no wonder theres so many rumours out there involving the Bs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Heres what makes sense of this rumour, If PC trades away savie and wheeler and the 15th pick, A: it reduces salary  by as much as 7 to 8 mil. B: it takes the pressure off PC to try and deal for the 1st pick in Hall (if thats who they truly want and at what cost, allows them to sit and take seguin at 2nd. (its a gamble because who knows what edmonton does, regardless the Bs still have alot of centers coming up who are very close to nhl ready. C: it allows them to draft that Dman they have been looking for a long time, at the same time can actually then not have to be pressured into signing chara next year or stuart this year (just an example) and possibly trade a d or 2 now, one never knows, but I have said this befre many times, PC has so many scenerios to work with, Most GMs are in awe. But saying that, no wonder theres so many rumours out there involving the Bs
    Posted by wallydouglas

I can agree with all of this wally, but this to me would also be a sign of the building towards the future of the orgainization, and not a team looking to win now.. Any trade that gives up Savy is indeed a step back, whether seguin is better them him or not in 2-3 years, is one thing, but few rookies will come in and put up the numbers he does on the top line..

Which I think is a question with the bruins, this is a transitional team almost, lots of a young guys, but were not rebuilding as long as we are in the hunt we won't deal chara (which at the deadline this up coming season could net huge returns).. but in truth, our best players are vets with a limited window right now..This may be chara's last with the team, savard is getting older (though i think his style wil allow him to play at a high level).. Recchi is in his final years and will be missed w/ the team and in the locker room when he does hang em up..  

Would that fans be willing to accept a 2 year  "bridge" in efforts of really building a championship team??  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Would that fans be willing to accept a 2 year  "bridge" in efforts of really building a championship team??

Consciously, no.  Most fans don't trust the judgment of management, so they ain't likely to accept a plan that says "give us two years".  Most Bruins fans in particular will balk at the idea of the team asking for patience - you've surely seen the "I want to win now, they owe it to me" posts - when there are no real guarantees of a championship at the end.

Unconsciously, this is what we do every freaking year.  Long g-d bridge at this point.