huge game today in standings....go bs keep the faith!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

huge game today in standings....go bs keep the faith!

today is 1 of our game in hand on alot of teams a win puts us ahead of fla and atl ties us with nyr phi and moves us 1 pt behind tb and 3 behind habs with 3 games in hand still on them...lose and we r 7 behind habs...so 1 pt out with a win today..25 games left after today..wouldnt be so bad considering w just lost 10 straight..i still believe we can do damage when we get to playoffs..ryder said the same thing publicly this week....i know some of you people think we cant..but we are finally healthy..lines are staying together now..and effort is coming back..we keep getting 40 plus shots we will break through...the bs dug a huge hole...but there is still time to get out.....keep in mind 2006 edm last  day of season wins to get 8th spot and goes to game 7 of final in carolina!   dont stop beliving!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: huge game today in standings....go bs keep the faith!

Amen brother!

THE BRUINS ARE ONLY 2 TWO POINTS OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS.  THERE IS STILL HOPE.  CHIARELLI, WAKE UP AND MAKE A MOVE ALREADY, THE TEAM NEEDS SOME DECENT OFFENSE!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

LOL

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bruins will win today

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The have to keep playing the same way and eventually good things will happend.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

Yay Go Bruins!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

The Edmonton 06 gets to game 7 of the Final malarkey is getting really old.   Since 1994 when the current format of 16 teams making the playoffs was started, only 1 #8 seed has gotten past round 2--those 2006 Oilers.  Both #8 seeds have been knocked in round 1 seven times, all the rest beside Edmonton went home after round 2.   To take this even further, only once has a #7 seed in the East gotten past round 2: Buffalo in 99.  And only twice has an Eastern team lower than a 4th seed made the Finals (95 NJ #5, 99 Buf #7).  The odds are against teams finishing lower than 4th in their conference "doing damage" in the playoffs.  Get real here, folks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

edm 2006 is a fact....look it up it happend.....if you dont believe in the bs then why comment on here....look at scoreboard right now 2-0 bs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

SHAKE THOSE POM POMS!!

Nothing like getting all excited for another 1st round knockout!!!

how old are you anyways bruins8? My guess is 16

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

once again edm 2006 is a fact it did happen      what about car beating nj in rd 1 last yr? and beating bos in rd2? that didnt happen either right...did anyone think car would beat nj ?   get in anything can happen  oh ya and didnt 8 seed anh beat 1 seed sj last yr?  ya blue eyed guy  gets your facts straight!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

ahhhh nothing like jaded cynicism

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

My facts are correct.  Carolina was a #6, not an #8 seed, last year.  Yes, #8 Anaheim beat #1 San Jose, but the Ducks were knocked out in round 2.  Read my posts more carefully...I lay out the facts very explicitly.  My point is (time to read carefully) that finishing LOWER THAN a fourth seed is not exactly a time plan the parade route.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no its not..but upsets can happen and bs r not a team anyone want to face in rd 1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

It's sports so anything can happen (2004 ALCS for example), and there's always a first, but it's more about odds, I like the attitude but odds are the B's are done, if in the playoffs it's one and out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Agreed, upsets happen.  But one thing people do not understand all too well is probabilities, especially when combined with accurate historical data.   I looked over all fifteen playoffs brackets going back to 1994 to get the information I presented above.  I wouldn't have posted it if I hadn't triple-checked it.

I'm all for "passionate" fans following their team, but I'm also for those same fans having the sense to see that their team isn't perfect, guaranteed anything, or Gods simply for putting on a particular jersey.  There are 29 (15 in the playoffs) other teams trying to do the same thing your team is and to think otherwise is unrealistic. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

doesnt matter what the stats say..or what happened before...if the bs are in the got a shot   they could win it all 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

This game (and the team for that matter) is irrelevant

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

And I say to that, simply enough, if they are lower than a 4th seed, that is highly unrealistic thinking.  Not impossible, but very, very unlikely.  NO team lower than a 5th seed has won it all since 1994 when the present playoff format was started.   And right now, math geniuses need not apply, anything higher than 6th looks pretty tough for the Bruins to get.

Like I said above, I'm all for fans being "passionate" and "having faith" and whatever other cliche you'd like to toss around, but I think fans should always possess enough rationality to see the reality of their team despite their own wishes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

bruins8, and my grandmother will win a marathon just because she entered into it, yeah, maybe some freak accident COULD take out the other 300 runners 10 miles in front of her, but it's hugely unlikely.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

edm came within 1 win of winning the stanley cup as the 8th seed  its a fact.....bs will finish 6th anyway and knock out buffalo...you will all see

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Nobody is denying that Edmonton got to the Finals as an 8th seed and lost in 2006.  No one will challenge that fact.  The facts, also, remain that it's been clear over the 16 years (actually 15...minus the 2005 lockout) since the current playoff was instituted that teams that finish lower than a 4th seed don't get far. 

Now, of course, here comes "stats and history don't matter" line.  True, in individual cases, yes, anything THEORETICALLY can happen.  Upsets are always possible--if they weren't possible, why play the games?   I, for one, am glad that games and championships are settled on the playing surface and not in rabid fans' minds.  However, try telling your car insurance company that "stats and history" don't matter and they'll laugh you out of the building, especially if you have numerous tickets and/or accidents.  Better yet, tell that to the college entrance board you'll apply to one day that what you did in high school is irrelvant ("But, sir, those years of "Cs" in Math and Science don't mean a thing...I'm still smart enough to go to MIT, right?") and they'll rip up your application faster than you can blink.  In sports, stats and history are guides to the present and the future and, usually, do a better job than the typical fan in this area.  So, when the Bruins finish 6 or lower (assuming they even MAKE the playoffs) and don't get past the second round, don't be surprised or angry--just deal with it like any rational, mature fan should.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

did the 2004 red sox care about history.....i dont either...its all about the bruins actions when they gt to rd1....you dont have to believe...but i do believe..sure the odds are againt them but yesterday in th super bowl odds were aainst saints..i believe in the bruins they can do it....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

like andy murray once said  "if you dont believe we can win...dont get on the plane"   i believe

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Andy Murray was clearly saying that to players, not to fans.  There's a big difference between the two.  Fans have no direct impact, especially at the individual level, on the games or their outcomes; players do, obviously enough.  I'd hope as a coach, no matter bad things look players continue to believe in their skills and themselves.  That goes without saying.

However, my whole point with this thread boils down to this:  as a fan, you are free to believe and have all the "faith" you want, no problem.  What I don't agree with is that by using words such as "believe" or "faith", some fans imply certainty or confidence in future outcomes.  (Because I have "faith" in my team, they WILL win X.) No fan knows the future, no fan can predict future games or series.  In sports, as in life, there are NO guarantees, no certainties.  Who is to say that the Bruins won't have a plane crash between now and the playoffs?  (Not likely, but possible) Right now, the Bruins aren't even guaranteed a playoff spot and may well be, like it or not, on the golf course the day after game 82 is done.  Personally, I find the energy spent on "believing" or having "faith" my team will a Stanley Cup is better spent on other things on a daily basis.