Hunwick is the new Wideman? Maybe worst

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Hunwick is the new Wideman? Maybe worst

In Response to Re: Hunwick is the new Wideman? Maybe worst:
    The only reason me thinks Chiarelli is telling Julien to keep playing Hunwick is to showcase him for as trade (not much to showcase right now). Matt made a horrible play behind the net that led to Washington's goal. The reason Hunwick got a goal last night is the work of Caron's screen. Trading Hunwick is the same as trading Wideman it's a " change of scenery trade " Matt has no confidence because the pressure has made him try to do too much which is What got Wideman in trouble. Bartkowski and McQuaid should be platooned on the # 6 spot after trading Hunwick. The time is now for the youth movement and has been all summer n fall.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Exactly right, and I think that Hunwick may be better for another team after being traded (like Wideman and you know who), but that is irrelevant.  We have to judge him by what he does, and doesn't do for this team.  Hopefully another team will see his potential(?) and offer Chia something decent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hunwick is the new Wideman? Maybe worst : I also noticed that Bergy was a non-factor last night but it may be more of a testiment to his linemates than him. This team is so deep that unless you are "stellah" you don't stand out, all ice time being equal.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

When Ovechkin and his line are kept off the scoresheet then Bergeron was definately a factor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Fletch - People who boo their own players are jacka$$es. It's a symptom of the "if I were on the ice" pig headed mentality that permeates through this town. The only thing that comes out of it is a player who knows that as soon as he's not performing up to par, the fans will turn on him rather than support him. That's why I'm strongly against it, it's counterproductive and idiotic.

I've never been more ashamed than last year when every time Wideman touched the puck at his home rink, people boo'd. What kind of an atmosphere is that to play in? Is that going to make him play better? He probably just shut it out and chalked everyone up to being a$$es.

Booing your own players is not being passionate, it's called being a moron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fletch - People who boo their own players are jacka$$es. It's a symptom of the "if I were on the ice" pig headed mentality that permeates through this town. The only thing that comes out of it is a player who knows that as soon as he's not performing up to par, the fans will turn on him rather than support him. That's why I'm strongly against it, it's counterproductive and idiotic. I've never been more ashamed than last year when every time Wideman touched the puck at his home rink, people boo'd. What kind of an atmosphere is that to play in? Is that going to make him play better? He probably just shut it out and chalked everyone up to being a$$es. Booing your own players is not being passionate, it's called being a moron.
    Posted by nrguy

Well, I happen to agree with you there, and I think it is stupid to boo the players from your own team.  Even Wideman deserved better.

I don't want Hunwick to be booed either, but I do want him to be replaced.  Even if it is just for a couple games so he can get his head straight.  I am not one of these reactionary fans, but Hunwick has been bad for a while, and I thought he was awful last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

In Response to Re: Hunwick is the new Wideman? Maybe worst : Exactly right, and I think that Hunwick may be better for another team after being traded (like Wideman and you know who), but that is irrelevant.  We have to judge him by what he does, and doesn't do for this team.  Hopefully another team will see his potential(?) and offer Chia something decent.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Then who are you going to complain about? Boston fan are not really fans but people who just never made any thing of themselves in a sport and want to blow, and blow their own pipes about little that they know. Everyone is human and I have been watching the the BIG fellas for the past 4 years and ever since he was given his award he has not had the same confidence to control a game or provide the "Fans" wit the same ability, Did you watch the playoffs last year. But the front office see thing that you and I don't have. That is the ability to be decision maker. They just gave some guys great contract to keep them Bruins for a long time. So what do you thing about that, they a guy that is trying to fit into a system that may or may not be suit for him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Fletch - People who boo their own players are jacka$$es. It's a symptom of the "if I were on the ice" pig headed mentality that permeates through this town. The only thing that comes out of it is a player who knows that as soon as he's not performing up to par, the fans will turn on him rather than support him. That's why I'm strongly against it, it's counterproductive and idiotic. I've never been more ashamed than last year when every time Wideman touched the puck at his home rink, people boo'd. What kind of an atmosphere is that to play in? Is that going to make him play better? He probably just shut it out and chalked everyone up to being a$$es. Booing your own players is not being passionate, it's called being a moron.
    Posted by nrguy

These guys are paid millions or dollars to perform. This is not like a young hockey player making mistakes. Its a business and the bottom line is to win.

Wideman should not be playing high level hockey if he is going to become sensitive and cry about fans being mean.

When a winning play is made, fans cheer passionately but also if the ball is dropped you could get bashed. If i was getting into pro sports, i would accept either of these things could happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Morons, Morons Morons, dedicating 60 posts to Matt Hunwick

I'm ready for the Washington game on thursday

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

First off, let me say that I like Matt Hunwick.  I hope that he succeeds in the NHL.  I wouldn't boo Hunwick at a game, but I might groan audibly a few times.  I would also cheer when he does well.  Venting some frustrations on a message board doesn't mean that I hate the guy.

There were parts of his game last night, particularly in the second period, where he was playing horribly in his own end.  The thing that got me grumbling was the times that he gave the puck away behind his own net.  There was a stretch when he was losing the puck on nearly every trip behind the net, usually from a weak one-handed poke check by a forechecker.  The giveaway that led to the goal was the fourth or fifth one that I saw in the period.  Even the ever-optimistic Fluto mentioned that he was having a rough night at the end of the second period.

That was a nice shot to find it's way through the screen and into the net in the third.  Good for Hunwick.  Without that goal, I think that there would be a lot more people would be calling for CJ to bench him tomorrow night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Hunwick is the new Wideman? Maybe worst : Then who are you going to complain about? Boston fan are not really fans but people who just never made any thing of themselves in a sport and want to blow, and blow their own pipes about little that they know. Everyone is human and I have been watching the the BIG fellas for the past 4 years and ever since he was given his award he has not had the same confidence to control a game or provide the "Fans" wit the same ability, Did you watch the playoffs last year. But the front office see thing that you and I don't have. That is the ability to be decision maker. They just gave some guys great contract to keep them Bruins for a long time. So what do you thing about that, they a guy that is trying to fit into a system that may or may not be suit for him. 
    Posted by anthonyalbani89

Okay.  Can you try again??  I read that twice and it still makes no sense.  Maybe its all of the missing grammar and punctuation.  English your second language?  I'm not even making fun of you, I'm serious, it makes no sense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Hunwick is the new Wideman? Maybe worst : Okay.  Can you try again??  I read that twice and it still makes no sense.  Maybe its all of the missing grammar and punctuation.  English your second language?  I'm not even making fun of you, I'm serious, it makes no sense.
    Posted by Fletcher1

OMG you're right !

Didn't the Patriots, Celtics and Red Sox win championships ? Was he even to say this ?

Back to Hunwick,  maybe Julien will release some of the responsibilities for Hunwick. He's already taken him off practicing the powerplay.  By simplifying his duties he can get on track and gain confidence slowly.
    If like some of you are saying they are playing him to trade him ,  it's unlikely it'll be while he is struggling. Not much in return. 
    I don't think this is the case anyway ,  what I think Bruins were trying with Hunwick was to have him move the puck on the powerplay (quarterback ?).  While he was doing that well on the PP once he got  in the offensive zone the puck became a hot potato and either missed passed, didn't keep it in the zone or the chemistry on the Bruins PP is just wrong.   Maybe he just doesn't have those skillsets to be the setup man at the point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blue-Berry. Show Blue-Berry's posts

The worst d-man on Bruins is Ference. Hunwick at least has some offensive game. Everytime the defensive pairings are with Ference or Hunwick I worry. While we are winning they will at least showcase themselves. Bartowski is in the waiting and maybe will be paired with McQuaid. Ference is always injured and only played 11 minutes last game. Compare that with Chara's 29 minutes he barely broke a sweat!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The worst d-man on Bruins is Ference. Hunwick at least has some offensive game. Everytime the defensive pairings are with Ference or Hunwick I worry. While we are winning they will at least showcase themselves. Bartowski is in the waiting and maybe will be paired with McQuaid. Ference is always injured and only played 11 minutes last game. Compare that with Chara's 29 minutes he barely broke a sweat!!
    Posted by Blue-Berry

I don't think you know a whole lot about hockey.  Ference is a 3rd pairing d-man.  They always play around 10 minutes a game.  First line guys like Chara always play around 25 minutes.  That's how it works on every team, every game.  Comparing a the two makes absolutely no sense and tells you nothing about their play.

And Hunwick has had so much great offensive upside that Julien just yanked him off of the power play completely...

Sections
Shortcuts