Hunwick new leader in assists! (for B's opponents)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

Hunwick new leader in assists! (for B's opponents)

Wow! A great centering feed last night from behind the net results in a goal, then later Honey's all over the ice.....too bad he wasn't watching his guy go to the net.....Bingo, another goal. Tried for a third assist by tripping over his blue line on a 3 on 2, but Thomas saved his sorry butt.
    This guy is weak, constantly out of position, not physical, and easily the worst d-man on the big club. All season I have been amazed that Boychuck sits while this stiff gets ice. Thank god for Stewie!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucfan. Show lucfan's posts

Re: Hunwick new leader in assists! (for B's opponents)

In Response to Hunwick new leader in assists! (for B's opponents):
    [QUOTE]Wow! A great centering feed last night from behind the net results in a goal, then later Honey's all over the ice.....too bad he wasn't watching his guy go to the net.....Bingo, another goal. Tried for a third assist by tripping over his blue line on a 3 on 2, but Thomas saved his sorry butt. This guy is weak, constantly out of position, not physical, and easily the worst d-man on the big club. All season I have been amazed that Boychuck sits while this stiff gets ice. Thank god for Stewie!
    Posted by Turk16[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I can't believe how small this guy is.  Don Sweeney was small but strong.
    Hunny you better toughen up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucfan. Show lucfan's posts

[QUOTE]Wow! A great centering feed last night from behind the net results in a goal, then later Honey's all over the ice.....too bad he wasn't watching his guy go to the net.....Bingo, another goal. Tried for a third assist by tripping over his blue line on a 3 on 2, but Thomas saved his sorry butt. This guy is weak, constantly out of position, not physical, and easily the worst d-man on the big club. All season I have been amazed that Boychuck sits while this stiff gets ice. Thank god for Stewie!
    Posted by Turk16[/QUOTE]
    It's worse than that, he loses every, single one-on-one battle in the defensive zone!!  He actually steps aside for oncoming forwards......... God I miss Shane Hnidy..And Andrew Alberts..And Aaron Ward...And Johnny Boychuk?!!!  That's a whole other story.  He looked credible in his 3 games earlier this year.  He lokked better than average! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Maybe he needs to go back to Providence for awhile. He's still young, he has more talent than Hnidy or Ward he just needs the experience.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Posted by Turk16[/QUOTE]

He had a bad night.....every player has them now and then.  His flubbed outlet pass Thomas should have smothered anyway.  If you look at the longer picture, Hunwick has been playing well and not shying from contact.   Brad Park was small too.   But quick, like Hunwick.  Hunwick has plenty of potential... his puck handling skills are better than Wideman, who gets the PP duty.

Hunwick has four goals this year.

I can't believe how you guys dump all over a player for one bad night.  Maybe Hunwick was playing injured or sick ;  hence the callup to Boychuck.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCan. Show BruinsCan's posts

"Hunny you better toughen up"  - LOL  that just sounds wrong.

It's clear to see that the Bruins really want this kid to work out.  If he can strengthen his game in his own end, then he has a lot of upside and could be a real stand out on this team.
    I agree, hopefully we see more of Boychuk.  But I also hope it works out for Hunwick here.  If he reminds me of anyone in the league that has gone through this same type of thing.  It would be Mike Green who also seems small and weak in his own end and posses a real flair in the offensive zone.   Green hasn't really had any huge numbers prior to that last couple years and then all of a sudden blossomed into a leathal threat.
    Small D-man are tough to judge as their are so often late bloomers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

They need more grit on defense. Slash someone for christ sake!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

yea, bad pass, he heeled it, but I actually think that Hunwick is having a pretty good season. Hes really good at going back and retrieving the puck, and iether rimming it around or getting it to his partner. His escape moves are pretty good, his first pass is NORMALLY pretty good. I don't have too many complaints about him overall.

and lets be real, Hunwick only got the second assist on this goal, first assist to Thomas