I can't stand Jack Edwards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I can't stand Jack Edwards

Way too much of a homer. His calls stink too, dramatic much in a mid season game against TB?

I know Fred C ain't walking through that door, but please, anyone would be better. Dale was 1000% better then this guy and at the time, I didn't love him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: I can't stand Jack Edwards

Dale??  Ned Flanders??
    No, he was the bottom.
    Edwards is cutting down on all the expressions, which is good.

The refs were too much of a factor in the game tonight, you have to admit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

Edwards is a pom pom waving stooge for ownership and management. He fits in very well with some of the posters on here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Edwards: "Thomas was in control of the puck through it all"--referring to the bouncing rebound puck he gave up and lost sight of. You have to question his sanity and skills of observation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DetTracks. Show DetTracks's posts

So Accoring to FairbankAK everyone who has the same point of view is the same person?? What a moron

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

i dont think there is anything wrng with edwards, he may be a little too dramatic, like saying boychuck "smashed" someone at the blue line when all he did was give him a little push...FAIRBANK has a good point, have you EVER listened to other commentators, there all so boring and generic, ill take a little over dramatic for some of the good stuff he says when the game is really getting good, like sturm hitting the post and it clanking as loud as big ben, that was a good one, if he was a radio guy and we couldnt see the game we might be a little misled, but he isnt, and we have good radio guys too.....so lets stop being so concerned about the commentator, and more about this inconsistent team

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

Theory- i think that was brickley that said he had conctrol, i heard that too, ill give you that one tho

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Good stuff fairbank, now the trolls have something to feed on. LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

.....and he can't stand you! 

I just want a Goal Scorer! I can always turn off the volume and listen to Dave on the radion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chefscotticus. Show chefscotticus's posts

Jack Edwards is great -- without question, my favorite play-by-play man in Boston for any sport.  Creative language, self-deprecating humor, brings the viewpoint of a fan that is a good foil for Brinckley's analysis.  I love that he's a homer, I wish more broadcasters were -- he calls them as he seems them and the passion and excitement are certainly genuine in a way that makes him more relatable than most and makes even the boring games worth watching.  Wish we had 3 more just like him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He is not bad, I've heard a lot worse and he generally gives me a few laughs on his not knowing the sport, but so does Mike Mils who should know it all by now.LOL He thinks he doesLOL.

What I would like is the play called as it happens and not talking about how a kid played in junior on his prom night a la McGuire et al.

Just call the game and laugh it up during stoppages.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from terry24. Show terry24's posts

Bring on Don Cherry tomorrow night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct3. Show ct3's posts

Jack Edwards is entertaining and sports is about entertainment period.  After he went off on the Canadiens jail house uniforms last year and the bit about the rag tag patriots standing up to the red coats, I became a Jack fan for life.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackedEDwards1. Show jackedEDwards1's posts

is this because of my wooden teeth

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogsk8r. Show bogsk8r's posts

Dave Shea was one of the best!  Dale Arnold was the WORST by far, "he's got a spur in his saddle....okilee doakileee.."  F- Dale!  I can put up with Jack but Dave Gosher calls a much better game on the radio than Jack can do on TV

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frosty77. Show Frosty77's posts

I used to be annoyed by Jack, but this season, for the first time, I bought the hockey package and now watch teams other than the Bruins - and Jack, by far, is not the worst of the announcers!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Is it Pitt or Buffalo? can't remember, but every time NHL on the FLy has this one guy on I change the channel, just can't stand it.. don't know how any fan of those teams does. WAY WORSE THAN JACK, bu still I still can't stand Jack either, so annoying and his lack of knowledge of the game is aggravating.

At this point - let Frede do the Play-by-Play.. can't be much worse!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

If nothing else, Jack Edwards gets my attention when he throws in his over the top comments.  I do a double take and laugh at his antics.  He talks too much but he's not boring.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

He's pretty awful, but as someone said, once you get the Center Ice package you see how bad others are, so whatever.

Whats up with the yellow teeth?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Coming back to my post after being away a few days...I am glad there are people out there who like Jack, just to me, I don't like his style. I can't stand the hokey jokes/sayings...it doesn't make me laugh, it makes me cringe.

WEEI replayed his monologue to the Canadiens series and it was just embarassing. He has a lot of passion for hockey and clearly the Bruins which is admirable. He's just not my style.

To each their own....I had recently seen some footage of when Fred Cusick was the announcer and it brought back some good memories. Man could that guy call a great game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

I pity Andy Brickley working with Jack.  Wonder with Andy's thinking sometimes....

Sections
Shortcuts