I don't "get" Krecji

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alaskafan2. Show Alaskafan2's posts

I don't "get" Krecji

I have watched Krecji for the last 2 years ... and I don't get it!  He isn't VERY skilled .... he plays without grit ... sometimes he works hard but most times he seems to go through the motions ...  the Bruins and their announcers keep trying to "sell" him to the fans .... but time after time he looks like a AHL player in the NHL ... I know he got a decent point total last year but he still didn't display the attributes that Brick ascribes to him ad nauseam.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: I don't "get" Krecji

He's a great player...fantastic puck control, defense, stick skills, and makes at least two to three passes a night that should equate to goals (if he had a proven scorer on his line).  I think he's my favorite player to watch just because he almost always makes the right decision with the puck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Also a slow starter who once this team gets something in place and no more line juggling he will bounce back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Krejci is showing some flashes of his true brilliance, but only flashes.  He has yet to bring the clever playmaking, boards work, and perfectly timed backchecking he is capable of.

I wish they had held him out longer.  He appears to be not fully healed and playing through some pain still.  If so, this is counter-productive.  Could make his injury relapse.

Now, with all the other injuries, we surely do need him to step it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Trust me, he would be doing damage to his repaired hip if he were to keep playing if its not 100%. The fricking season just started. If he's in pain, he would be out. They wont risk it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

He's an offensively one-dimensional perimiter player who needs a scorer to pass the puck to. Without a shooter on his wing, he looks lost out there, and is unable to carry/lead a team like Savard can.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Folks, DK is coming back, far earlier from major hip surgery than originally projected, and as far as I can see he's playing fine. Concur with the comments about his superb passing and frequent set-ups, and he is excellent at retaining control of the puck.  He's not going to be a top goal scorer because his game is setting up his wings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

Perimeter player?  Yeah right, he's great in the cycle.  Last night did you fail to notice the pass he picked off at the NSH blue line and bring into the zone for a scoring chance?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thepowerrulz. Show thepowerrulz's posts

I agree with Nashville0303. This why I say that ownership and management is the problem here, it's been this way for 30 years folks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Krejci played his best game of the year last night. Hope he continues tonight in Philly!!!!!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fu1eye. Show fu1eye's posts

If you don't get Krejci's game, then you don't know hockey. Period, end of story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Well put.

In Response to Re: I don't "get" Krecji:
    [QUOTE]If you don't get Krejci's game, then you don't know hockey. Period, end of story.
    Posted by fu1eye[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Posts from nashville0303 are hidden

IGNORE TROLL!!!             

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

[QUOTE]He's an offensively one-dimensional perimiter player who needs a scorer to pass the puck to. Without a shooter on his wing, he looks lost out there, and is unable to carry/lead a team like Savard can.
    Posted by Skaswatch[/QUOTE]

Lead the league in plus/minus, one of the B's best defensive forwards, second in team points.....yup clearly one dimensional.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

and he score 20+ goals....again..one dimensional

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]                             Posts from nashville0303 are hidden                     IGNORE TROLL!!!              
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Done - the TROLL is ignored!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Krejci's skill is easy to overlook, because when he's on, he makes it look easy to do what he does.  He is excellent at reading the play and putting himself and his passes in the right places at the right times.  His shiftyness and puck-handling ability make   opposition players over-play him often, putting them out of position. 

While we have only seen some of what made re-signing him a priority so far this season, not only is he just returning from a major surgery, but his linemates have been struggling as well.  Ryder wasn't moving his feet in the first few games, and Wheeler has been a step behind, carrying 15 more pounds than last season. 

I think that Krejci has looked better every game.  By the time Savard and Lucic come back, I think that Krejci will be much closer to last season's form also.  Hopefully the defense won't look so helpless for much longer.  I look for the team to be humming along quite nicely by (American) Thanksgiving. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

saw this and came running....
    whoever said if you don't get him you don't get hockey is correct. Hockey is a game of intelligence, do you think Gretzky was the most talented player to live? nope, not even close, but he was by far the smartest, and therefore the best. Krejci is the same way (way to mispell his name btw), his hockey IQ is off the charts, in a season many guys would have only played 20 games due to injury, he put up 73 points (leading the NHL in PPG for over 2 months) and led the league in the ever important plus minus statistic with a plus 36 i believe, he wins the majority of his faceoffs, and is incredibly reliable.....yup, one dimentional alright

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

You guys can't be serious with the "perimeter" & "1 dimentional" BS, really?? Are you guys new to the game of hockey or just B's haters? Krejci has great skills, hockey sense and is a great 2 way player, not to mention will only get better for the next 7ish years!

I have given the guy a nickname last year, Allstate, cuz when he has the puck, "you're in good hands". 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

Same people hating on Krecji love Kess. How ironic.
    Krejci is unbelievably good. He is so good that he is like the Matrix.
    His ability to slow everything down is uncanny and only a few ever to play this game had/have that ability. So if you don't like him go enjoy the Leafs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from relicsun. Show relicsun's posts

By the way he is starting to get his game back. Now he needs some consistancy in linemates to gel.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

Do you not get him because you don't see him jumping into the glass every time he scores a goal, ala Mr. OVECHKIN! Krejci is the type of hockey player who does alot of things very quietly and
    efficiently, thus he may not be noticed by the average hockey fan who may not understand all the ins and outs of the game. To call him one dimensional is a statement made by someone who obviously does not get what he is all about! He is one of the smartest players I have seen in a while ( and I would make that
    statement even if I wasn't a B's fan).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Hear, hear Well said Bruinsweeney!
    The people who don't see what Krecji brings are not hockey educated! It seems always the same people who come in here to talk negative bull! Wish they'd make their own website & call it Bruin Bash!