I don't care whom they pick, as long as...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I don't care whom they pick, as long as...

he doesn't act like Jordan Caron did last year.  If you recall, Caron was a first round pick, taken 25th overall.  It took him almost three full minutes to get to the stage after his name was called.

He went person after person, hugging, shaking hands, kissing cheeks.  If memory serves me correctly, it was almost 40 people he stopped with before making his way to the stage.

Kid, Cam Neely is waiting on the stage for YOU.  Don't stop to kiss your neighbor's babysitter's mother.  Get your can up there as quickly as possible.

Almost a year later, and I still think Caron is still a total jerk and egomaniac for that stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: I don't care whom they pick, as long as...

LOL Not-A-Shot ....  come on pick on something else , Caron ?  Really ?
    He comes from the farm in Quebec , Canada and is as humble as they get. 
    Very family oriented , his parents and family are his guidance therefore yes he kissed many on his way up.
    He's said on a number of occasions to local media and the Canadian media how happy he was drafted by the Bruins.
    And you see the negative in that ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

first game he plays he will score a goal and get into a fight, then then you will soon forget that he kissed his neighbors babysitter's mother

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

His neighbors babysitter's mother ? Was she hot ? I would've stopped LoL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Anyone who cares that much about the folks around them is probably gonna make an excellent team mate. And he was not a lock to be taken in the first round so It had to feel real damned good. I don't blame him a bit. 

In Response to I don't care whom they pick, as long as...:
    he doesn't act like Jordan Caron did last year.  If you recall, Caron was a first round pick, taken 25th overall.  It took him almost three full minutes to get to the stage after his name was called. He went person after person, hugging, shaking hands, kissing cheeks.  If memory serves me correctly, it was almost 40 people he stopped with before making his way to the stage. Kid, Cam Neely is waiting on the stage for YOU.  Don't stop to kiss your neighbor's babysitter's mother.  Get your can up there as quickly as possible. Almost a year later, and I still think Caron is still a total jerk and egomaniac for that stuff.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

he doesn't act like Jordan Caron did last year.  If you recall, Caron was a first round pick, taken 25th overall.  It took him almost three full minutes to get to the stage after his name was called. He went person after person, hugging, shaking hands, kissing cheeks.  If memory serves me correctly, it was almost 40 people he stopped with before making his way to the stage. Kid, Cam Neely is waiting on the stage for YOU.  Don't stop to kiss your neighbor's babysitter's mother.  Get your can up there as quickly as possible. Almost a year later, and I still think Caron is still a total jerk and egomaniac for that stuff.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

An 18 year old kid is a total jerk and egomaniac because he took 3 minutes to get to the stage on probably the most important day of his life ? LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: I don't care whom they pick, as long as...:
    Anyone who cares that much about the folks around them is probably gonna make an excellent team mate. And he was not a lock to be taken in the first round so It had to feel real damned good. I don't blame him a bit.  In Response to I don't care whom they pick, as long as... :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Quoted for truth.

Haven't heard a bad word about this kid from anyone. He was reportedly sick as a dog during the WJC but played his heart out. I watched him closely during rookie camp last summer and he worked hard, listened well, and showed a lot of promise.

He's a big-bodied kid who's not afraid to get his nose dirty in front of the net. IMHO he'll be a superb addition to this team, and I wouldn't be shocked if he makes the squad this fall.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]LOL Not-A-Shot ....  come on pick on something else , Caron ?  Really ? He comes from the farm in Quebec , Canada and is as humble as they get.  Very family oriented , his parents and family are his guidance therefore yes he kissed many on his way up. He's said on a number of occasions to local media and the Canadian media how happy he was drafted by the Bruins. And you see the negative in that ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/

Best response ice seen from you lol and you are sooooooooo right on.
    Ty u saved me alot of typing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

not a shot , I'm not calling you out but this thread was not thought out through and through as you stated on a different thread . This may be your opinion and that's fine but your thought process was a little off on this one. Sorry but your reasoning for thinking this kid is a jerk and egomaniac is petty stuff. Three minutes for thanking his family and being congratulated by them does not make a person what you say they are. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Please get off these boards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

His neighbors babysitter's mother ? Was she hot ? I would've stopped LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I liked where this was going, but then it all went somewhere else after the SanDog post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

well i never knew! id trade him for a 7th rounder right away....free up some money to extend ryder,s contract another 3 yrs.....how dare he!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Caron won't make the team Colborune will do well in his first year in the AHL & may make it in a year or two Sauve is still a few years away, Yuri Alexandrov after a year in the AHL could end up being a fair rushing D in this league. Sequin or Hall will contribute right away I'd say either one could be an instant 20 goal men 1st year who knows what they 'll accomplish in the 2nd and 3rd year both those guys will be impact players!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

not a shot , I'm not calling you out but this thread was not thought out through and through as you stated on a different thread . This may be your opinion and that's fine but your thought process was a little off on this one. Sorry but your reasoning for thinking this kid is a jerk and egomaniac is petty stuff. Three minutes for thanking his family and being congratulated by them does not make a person what you say they are. 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I have felt this way since I watched it happen.  I was yelling at the screen, "Get to the dang stage!"  He appeared smug, holier than thou, and entitled.  It's is certainly just my opinion.  There are players we like for some reason, and others that we don't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: I don't care whom they pick, as long as... : I have felt this way since I watched it happen.  I was yelling at the screen, "Get to the dang stage!"  He appeared smug, holier than thou, and entitled.  It's is certainly just my opinion.  There are players we like for some reason, and others that we don't.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's fine . It bothered you , but to call him what you did was a little extreme. I watched the same thing and Ididn't even think of it the way you did . I thought this kid has a lot of people with him and they're all happy for him. Two different perspectives on the same thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i never liked john elway cause he told baltimore "dont pick me,im not playing in baltimore"....this is alittle to the extreme NAS & the way it sounds you'll never forgive him....you have to remember people are from different cultures & to do what he did i dont think makes him smug,just a celebration of all his hard work to get drafted....let him savour & enjoy the moment

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

i never liked john elway cause he told baltimore "dont pick me,im not playing in baltimore"....this is alittle to the extreme NAS & the way it sounds you'll never forgive him....you have to remember people are from different cultures & to do what he did i dont think makes him smug,just a celebration of all his hard work to get drafted....let him savour & enjoy the moment
    Posted by pucman

He can savour and enjoy with his family later.  Cam Neely and the rest of Bruins management is on stage, waiting. Kiss your mother, shake your father's hand, hug your sister and get to the stage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: I don't care whom they pick, as long as... : He can savour and enjoy with his family later.  Cam Neely and the rest of Bruins management is on stage, waiting. Kiss your mother, shake your father's hand, hug your sister and get to the stage.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So they can wait two minutes while the kid hugs his family and friends. They're grown men, they know how to be patient.

Amazing how you can take a virtue (a boy's love for and gratitude toward those who helped him along the way) and see it as a vice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: I don't care whom they pick, as long as... : So they can wait two minutes while the kid hugs his family and friends. They're grown men, they know how to be patient. Amazing how you can take a virtue (a boy's love for and gratitude toward those who helped him along the way) and see it as a vice.
    Posted by duinne

He's a man, also.  There is plenty of time for that later.  Get to the stage.  Cam Neely is waiting for you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Not-A-Shot- now you know how we feel trying to sift through your constant uninformed posts.  Sure, you could hit 2-4 threads, but no...you have to post 50-100 times this weekend!

To quote...you..."He appeared smug, holier than thou, and entitled." or "still a total jerk and egomaniac"...sound like anyone you know?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: I don't care whom they pick, as long as... : He's a man, also.  There is plenty of time for that later.  Get to the stage.  Cam Neely is waiting for you.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

ROFL. That's hilarious. Cam Neely is waiting for you!

Seriously, of all the people in the world, Neely would probably understand more than anyone about honoring your loved ones.

Cam Neely is waiting for you! Hop to it, boy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Wow, he made Neely wait a full 3 minutes on stage!

Ya, he must be a self centered jerk for not dis'ing his family and friends to run up to the stage and over to Neely to save Neely 120 seconds of his life!  

After all, Neely is real busy and must have had something better to do with the 2 minutes he lost and will never get back!