I hope Kovalchuk signs in Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I hope Kovalchuk signs in Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't take it the wrong way but I am getting tire of spoiled Russian players yeah they may be good but sometimes they can pee me off." I am a Russian super star give me money or else I go back to daddy land". Is this me or is this a trend or Russian players manipulating NHL GM's. I know big names fill seats but when does it end.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: I hope Kovalchuk signs in Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want him to make a decision.  The sooner he's in place, the sooner the rest of the dominos start dropping.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to I hope Kovalchuk signs in Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    Don't take it the wrong way but I am getting tire of spoiled Russian players yeah they may be good but sometimes they can pee me off." I am a Russian super star give me money or else I go back to daddy land" . Is this me or is this a trend or Russian players manipulating NHL GM's . I know big names fill seats but when does it end.
    Posted by Canbostondoit

Nothing wrong with the player having other options. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: I hope Kovalchuk signs in Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    I just want him to make a decision.  The sooner he's in place, the sooner the rest of the dominos start dropping.
    Posted by DrCC

Maybe he should have a TV special like Lebron James did last night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

He prob managed his contract money poorly and is down to almost nothing. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He prob managed his contract money poorly and is down to almost nothing. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

Is this based on anything at all?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Note: if Kovalchuck (the best UFA the league has ever seen), leaves for the KHL, it will be a really sad day for the NHL, and would set a terrible precedent.

I don't care where he goes, but I hope it's in North America.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: I hope Kovalchuk signs in Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Is this based on anything at all?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Nope! Just purely my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I will not be bias to Russian players but all majority of top athletes will take money ekse where if the pay is good. i know if a job opportunity came up with better pay and benifits, I would think about my future. I guess I'm no differ when comes to making career plans. The old saying is point my finger at someone, one is pointing back at me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Note: if Kovalchuck (the best UFA the league has ever seen), leaves for the KHL, it will be a really sad day for the NHL, and would set a terrible precedent. I don't care where he goes, but I hope it's in North America.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

Gimme a break...

I wouldn't care if Kovalchuk goes back to the KHL...

He and Nabakov are way OVERRATED anyways...

The Devils lost their shirts in the deal to pick this guy up at the deadline last season just to make a first round exit...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Thank you, Peter Chiarelli, for not listening to all the dummies here that were begging you to try and acquire Ilya Kovalchuk at last year's trade deadline...

Especially the morons who would have given up Tyler Seguin to do so...

THANK YOU !

Best move you never made !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

One another note that trade last season has made the Trashers a team to watch...

Not only did they add Torchetti and Ramsay behind the bench, they have acquired Bergfors, Cormier, Oduya, Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel and a 1st round pick in their last two transactions...

Boy, you really don't often see Lou Lam taken to the cleaners like he was in the Kovalchuk deal...

What was he thinking, I wonder ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

You know, I dont fault him for chasing the money.  Everyone bashing him for doing so is a HUGE hypocryte, because youd do the same.  If the SAME COMPANY in a different location was going to give you a 10 year, 100 million dollar contract, youd go there in a MILLISECOND!!!!  Stop b*tching because the guy is after the money.  What is really more important here:  Getting your name on the cup at any expense or putting money in the bank, taking care of your family and loved ones, etc.?  Hockey players have a short shelf life.  Kovy wont play past 40 or so, that leaves him with HALF of his life to do what?????

But, I also think its a joke that players dont stay team or cup loyal some times when they could/should, for a couple million.  Is there really a big difference between 7.5 and 10 million when youre making that kind of money over 5-10 years?

Whatever he does, I wish it would be soon too.  Get off the subject of JUST HIM.  Im sick of Kovy being headline news.  Other than scoring a buttload of goals, what has the guy done in his career?????  I dont think he deserves this much attention:  Most guys dont. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nabakov is overrated for sure but Kovalchuk is worth the price of admission he's a star. He should have signed by now so I do agree to a degree that he is holding GMs hostage Ilya has had plenty of time by now to make a decision.

I also predict that the team he signs with won't keep him the full length of the contract. That is the sign of the CAP era.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

You know, I dont fault him for chasing the money.  Everyone bashing him for doing so is a HUGE hypocryte, because youd do the same.  If the SAME COMPANY in a different location was going to give you a 10 year, 100 million dollar contract, youd go there in a MILLISECOND!!!!  Stop b*tching because the guy is after the money.  What is really more important here:  Getting your name on the cup at any expense or putting money in the bank, taking care of your family and loved ones, etc.?  Hockey players have a short shelf life.  Kovy wont play past 40 or so, that leaves him with HALF of his life to do what????? But, I also think its a joke that players dont stay team or cup loyal some times when they could/should, for a couple million.  Is there really a big difference between 7.5 and 10 million when youre making that kind of money over 5-10 years? Whatever he does, I wish it would be soon too.  Get off the subject of JUST HIM.  Im sick of Kovy being headline news.  Other than scoring a buttload of goals, what has the guy done in his career?????  I dont think he deserves this much attention:  Most guys dont. 
    Posted by bigvig

Not all of us are money chasers so speak for yourself...

But the guy can go back to the KHL for all that I care, I won't miss him for a millisecond...

The closest that Kovalchuk likely ever comes to touching the Big Silver Mug is on a visit to the HHOF...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I'd like to see the best players in the world stay in the NHL for selfish reasons. Just to watch them . Kovalchuk has top end talent and if you're a hockey fan that's what you want to watch whether you like him or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I will not be bias to Russian players but all majority of top athletes will take money ekse where if the pay is good. i know if a job opportunity came up with better pay and benifits, I would think about my future. I guess I'm no differ when comes to making career plans. The old saying is point my finger at someone, one is pointing back at me.
    Posted by Canbostondoit

Most Canadians will stay here, if they get to play in the NHL(not Ahl), it is their lifelong dream, those that don't stay were never really Canadian. Talking about ones with a choice, many have to play in Europe as they are never going to get a shot in the NHL as it is now watered down with overpaid Europeans.

As to your saying
    How about
    You can fish for tuna but you can't fish for a piano. (like the pink elephant)

------
    I would trade Sav, Sturm and TT for 3rd rounders and a good G prospect or backup to lock up Kov, he is that player that will guarantee us at having elite status with the talent we have surrounding him.

He tried to do it all for NJ in playoffs, not his fault they lost, not enough contributions from the rest.  We have good talent but he has game breaker potential that we have not had in years. We also have the best supporting cast that we have had in years-but a game breaker...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: I hope Kovalchuk signs in Russia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Not all of us are money chasers so speak for yourself... But the guy can go back to the KHL for all that I care, I won't miss him for a millisecond... The closest that Kovalchuk likely ever comes to touching the Big Silver Mug is on a visit to the HHOF...
    Posted by RMiller87

Kovalchuk is one of the best players in the NHL, sending him anywhere dilutes the talent pool of the NHL, it makes for an inferior product.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The guy is making a decision that will effect the rest of his life.  I don't think I could do it in two weeks.  The last time I needed a new vehicle, it took me six months to find the right one at the right price.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Lou was not taken to cleaners he did a salary dump of Oduya3.5M, Bergfors at .8M is looking for close to 3M and Cormier has not stepped up to his potential, 2 years junior since drafted and still not a point a game plus he carries an extra package.

The package seems high, but Lou thought he would have a shot with one more scorer, just Brodeur was not the player of old. He also seen he had to do something with these players in future as they were possible cap/contract issues to come with Berg and Od was not performing off or physically, and Cormier was expendable.

His mistake was not locking him up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

with the possible exception of selected few they're all like. They come over to North America and become spoiled brats regardless of the talent if I were a GM I'd stay clear of em!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Ilya Kovalchuk is a top 5 player in the world, and probably the 2nd best offensively. I'd take him tomorrow if I could. If the Bruins didn't have a couple of absurd contracts around their neck, you could sign this guy and instantly be a realistic favourite to win the cup. You don't appreciate his talent...you have no clue how gifted this man is. How bout one Kovalchuk contract instead of Ryder and Thomas' ? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Kovalchuk has managed one playoff win in nine seasons...

Good players shine in the playoffs -- not wilt like Boston lettuce in a heat wave !

Gimme a break...

If PC had given up Seguin for Kovalchuk last season like some of you, clowns, wanted, the Bruins would have NEVER recovered from that...

I am glad that PC is running this team instead of some of you, fools !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

with the possible exception of selected few they're all like. They come over to North America and become spoiled brats regardless of the talent if I were a GM I'd stay clear of em!
    Posted by mebackagin

You nailed it outta the park...

Not team players...

Here for the money, mostly -- not the Cup !!

Bye-bye, Nabby !

Go tell everyone in Russia what a big star that you weren't....

LOSER !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Anyhoo, the only reason that I want this guy to stay in the NHL is so some idiot GM overpays for him...

I'd love to see him taking a huge chunk of any other team's cap just so Lucic, Wheeler, Horton and Chara can sit him on his silly a** in the playoffs next year...

That's assuming that Kovalchuk's team du jour actually makes the playoffs next season... 

Given his playoff history, that seems pretty unlikely...   

Sections
Shortcuts