I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=buccigross_john&id=4685761

Hockey aside, he's a great guy. I can't wish him luck but I will never hate him no matter what.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Re: I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO

The only thing I get from this story is that you, fireballer must also be gay. Congrats for coming out in your own special way. Burke is still an idiot and you will find out what a terrible GM he really is. He is building a tem from scratch for the first time and he's doing terribly. I would like to take this time to thank Burke for his generosity to the Bruins this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

In Response to Re: I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO:
    [QUOTE]The only thing I get from this story is that you, fireballer must also be gay. Congrats for coming out in your own special way. Burke is still an idiot and you will find out what a terrible GM he really is. He is building a tem from scratch for the first time and he's doing terribly. I would like to take this time to thank Burke for his generosity to the Bruins this year.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

No actually, I'm not gay. It's just that I enjoy seeing people with good hearts. I understand that you may enjoy seeing other people emotionally distraught and love to see other people miserable like Burke's son must have been at the time before he told his father, but please spread it somewhere else.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

so if i understand, you respect Brian Burke because his son is gay? Am i missing something?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

The kid was scared as all get out to tell his old man he's a ho mo. Tells you alot about Burkes charactor right there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's a tough one and a good story. There always has to be that fear for any dad might think "What if that happens to me ?" It's also cool that as Buccigross writes "Mr. Testosterone." Burke wasn't afraid to share the story.

As much as I want Toronto lose every game it does shed a diiferent light on what kind of person Brian is off the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

gotta give you props fireballer

i completely agree

Reilly, homophobic much?

That kind of attitude is what makes people care about educating the youth. We don't want anyone to turn out like you. Literally smells like years of a some moron macho father telling his kid how to grow up to be a tough guy. Sigh, I recommend suicide.... seriously brah... You have no life skills

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=buccigross_john&id=4685761 Hockey aside, he's a great guy. I can't wish him luck but I will never hate him no matter what.
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

I think he's a great guy because he might have given us the overall #1 pick for the next 2 years.

I vote for Brian Burke as the greatest GM for the Bruins since forever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO :  sure a real idiot, hey didn't he win a cup in anaheim, got pronger , the sedins and now kess. u r a dumb fk. who needs to remove his shades. the only way bruins get better of this trade is if tor finish dead last or second last and still it's not a sure thing that the hall's or seguin's become impact players but kess , oh kess is shining, and showing his stuff . u must be that fool who said kess couldn' play without sav, or play in toronto. kess wil be among top 6 point getters as soon as next yr, thank you pc for being taken as a fool from burke,i couldn't care less where tor finishes only what kess does in toronto that counts/
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

Folks, we have at least 3 satisfied customers!  I'm thrilled with 2 first round picks and so is Reilly24, Marco100 is thrilled with Phil and doesn't care where the Leafs finish - we're all happy!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO :  sure a real idiot, hey didn't he win a cup in anaheim, got pronger , the sedins and now kess. u r a dumb fk. who needs to remove his shades. the only way bruins get better of this trade is if tor finish dead last or second last and still it's not a sure thing that the hall's or seguin's become impact players but kess , oh kess is shining, and showing his stuff . u must be that fool who said kess couldn' play without sav, or play in toronto. kess wil be among top 6 point getters as soon as next yr, thank you pc for being taken as a fool from burke,i couldn't care less where tor finishes only what kess does in toronto that counts/
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

Kessel has really improved those Leafs hasn't he. Your the idiot.Did you not see the team Burke inherited in Anaheim. Big deal, he tweaked a team that was already on it's way. All I am saying is watch him fail building a team from scratch. And yes I am proud to admit that I am homophobic. I see nothing right about that lifestyle. I could go on but this is a hockey forum. Back to hockey now. What has Kessel done to help the Leafs? Nothing! All he is doing is padding his stats again this year by scoring non important goals and being selfish on and off the ice. Whoever we get next year will have 7 years of mentering from Savard. If this player is not a primadona and learns from a classy guy like that, he will be much better than that selfish little greedmonger. Oh yah, we'll also get two other players in that deal that should add something to this team. Like I've said before, When we do win a cup in the next five years, dkrejci46 and I will be high fiveing and drinking champagne at the parade while you nay sayers are running around pretending that you knew it all along. Bank on that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO : I think he's a great guy because he might have given us the overall #1 pick for the next 2 years. I vote for Brian Burke as the greatest GM for the Bruins since forever.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Ha Ha!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I think everyone is going to be disappointed with what the bruins get with the Toronto draft pick. I have seen a lot of their games and their record should be a lot better. They are BADLY outplaying their opponents on MOST nights. It is only a matter of time for the wins to start coming. Expect the bruins to get a pick around # 15 to #18 instead of #1. Just my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing I get from this story is that you, fireballer must also be gay. Congrats for coming out in your own special way. Burke is still an idiot and you will find out what a terrible GM he really is. He is building a tem from scratch for the first time and he's doing terribly. I would like to take this time to thank Burke for his generosity to the Bruins this year.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

People like you, Reil24, take away from the world's hope in human decency.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

[QUOTE]   I think everyone is going to be disappointed with what the bruins get with the Toronto draft pick. I have seen a lot of their games and their record should be a lot better. They are BADLY outplaying their opponents on MOST nights. It is only a matter of time for the wins to start coming. Expect the bruins to get a pick around # 15 to #18 instead of #1. Just my opinion.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]
                                                                                                                                                              i agree the leafs have played alot better then their record shows....they have started themselves in a pretty good hole & really dont see them bein able to put together winning streaks that will get them up to the middle of the pack....im predicting a top 5 pick at least for the B,s & hopeing for the #1....carolina has to pick the pace up alil when they get there big guns back....ill predict minny to fall into that #1 seed by years end   hey,maybe the B,s can send there #1 for hagman! maybe hes not worth that pick by himself but take him off the leafs ice he just maybe

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]   I think everyone is going to be disappointed with what the bruins get with the Toronto draft pick. I have seen a lot of their games and their record should be a lot better. They are BADLY outplaying their opponents on MOST nights. It is only a matter of time for the wins to start coming. Expect the bruins to get a pick around # 15 to #18 instead of #1. Just my opinion.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

wow.  wow. 
    So you think the Leafs can move up 9 spots by the end of the year?
    That's a pretty tall order.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

Reilly24 is a Neanderthal - pure and simple.  I don't understand the gay lifestyle personally... but I understand some are wired that way  - who cares?   

Reilly24 seems the type who would go to a Sarah Palin book signing to cheer her on as she preaches about what "good" Americans actually are and aren't... or what is and what isn't "decent" in this country.   

If you can't see what this is about - - a father standing by his son no matter what his sexual orientation is - - then you're most likely a dark, bitter and shallow person... just the type that gives a big BOOOOOYAH! to Rush Limbaugh or Hannity and other intolerant knuckle-draggers.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Great article about standing by your family.  I still hope we kick Toronto to the dirt in each and every game and get #1 pick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

In Response to I just gained so much respect for Brian Burke - YOU SHOULD TOO:
    [QUOTE]http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=buccigross_john&id=4685761 Hockey aside, he's a great guy. I can't wish him luck but I will never hate him no matter what.
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]
    why put this stuff on here ,you know there is a leaf measage board ,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Good for Brian Burke for not being an intolerant, hateful father.  It is sad that homophobia is so ingrained in some people that they will reject their own children for coming out of the closet.

As far as commanding respect, I generally think that Burke is a blowhard who never passed up an opportunity to draw attention to himself.  That said, he has done some respectable things.  I like the fact that he gave Peter Chiarelli the heads-up when he was toying with the idea of making an offer to Phil Kessel this summer. 

The most respectable thing that I remember Burke doing concerns Ilya Bryzgalov.  Burke had promised Bryzgalov the opportunity to be a starting goalie in the NHL, but Bryzgalov was second or third on the depth chart of the Ducks.  After he was unable to trade Bryzgalov, Burke put him in waivers, knowing that a team would snap him up.  They Coyotes did, and Bryzgalov has been a starter ever since.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

It should never have been a public story to begin with.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guy-Fawkes. Show Guy-Fawkes's posts

I'd have to agree, I despise the Leafs out of my sheer loyalty to the Bruins, but I'll always have a healthy respect for Brian Burke, the University of Miami, Ohio and its players. It's good to see tolerance and acceptance in the hockey world. It must have been immensely difficult for that kid to harbor that secret for so long. 

Hopefully, hockey's fans can show an equal measure of acceptance or tolerance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

we all know burke has had total respect thoughout the league along time & wouldnt expect anything different from him towards his son...the respect that was gain should really be towards his son for the courage & attitude towards his sexual oreintation....he sounds like a great kid & im sure he will do great for himself in his life endeavers....i believe if PC has not gave burke a big thank you he should,for pulling his *** outa of very messy kessell situation & coming out looking like a king 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Wow. I dont understand the gay lifestule either. For you Mainers, I was Yes on 1 all the way. I'm just saying, for a guy of his reputation as a tough hockey guy you have to respect him for recognizing the importance of his family.