I like this team a lot better with Savard than without

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

I like this team a lot better with Savard than without

Wow, what a surprise, huh. Forget all the "Savard's overrated", "we should trade Savard", "Savard's a lockerroom cancer" crap...this guy is a solid #1 centre, our PP is completely different with him than it is without him, and we have a legitimate chance to win the Cup if he's part of the team. Without him, we are not going to knock off the NHL heavyweights like Chicago, San Jose, Washington, Detroit, etc. We will have a good but not great team if he doesn't play.

I watched TSN's top 50 players show yesterday. Other than Chara, we had no one on that list. And I wouldn't argue that assessment, either. But I think if Savard is at full health, he's on that list. We need an elite offensive player to compete with the heavyweights.

I hope he recovers fully and soon. And I hope Matt Cooke gets hit by a cement truck.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Re: I like this team a lot better with Savard than without

In Response to I like this team a lot better with Savard than without:
    [QUOTE]Wow, what a surprise, huh. Forget all the "Savard's overrated", "we should trade Savard", "Savard's a lockerroom cancer" crap...this guy is a solid #1 centre, our PP is completely different with him than it is without him, and we have a legitimate chance to win the Cup if he's part of the team. Without him, we are not going to knock off the NHL heavyweights like Chicago, San Jose, Washington, Detroit, etc. We will have a good but not great team if he doesn't play. I watched TSN's top 50 players show yesterday. Other than Chara, we had no one on that list. And I wouldn't argue that assessment, either. But I think if Savard is at full health, he's on that list. We need an elite offensive player to compete with the heavyweights. I hope he recovers fully and soon. And I hope Matt Cooke gets hit by a cement truck.  
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Savard will be back by early next year, and this team will be very dangerous.  I was worried about the D, but pairing a steady defenseman like Seidenberg with Hunwick is brilliant.  We now have 3 very capable pairings, as long as Ference stays healthy.  If not, Bartkowski can be called up and fit in seamlessly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't know that Savard is a #1 center or an "elite" center. He just doesn't do enough things really well to qualify for that title. But he is an excellent assist guy and very valuable on the PP which is critical to a team's success. So IMO the Bs are better off with him for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

With a 100% Savard in the lineup the B's are better. Hes definitely a great player but I guess there are some positives to seeing him sit for a bit anyways. Bergy gets to play with 1st or 2nd line wingers and Krejci gets to play first line. This way Berg and Krejc get to try and prove that they can be 80pt guys too.

Also with seguin in the works in 1-2years what are the B's going to do with 4centers of that caliber someone has to be gone. I would love to see savard come back to 100% form this year and carry the B's offense and PP through the playoffs but if he comes back like end of career Lindros then Idk would the 3 youngins be better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Savard, if he can return to the form he was before the concussion (likely will take a full yr) can be and will be a force on this Bs team that is improving.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's kind of a moot point whether you like the team better with him than without him at this point.  At the risk of provoking the conspiracy theorists, though, I don't mind the idea of starting the season without him.  I'd like to see what happens with Krejci and Bergeron at 1 and 1a.  I know - watch tape of last year - but last year was as depressed as the first half of 08-09 was manic.  I think the performance against Buffalo is the real starting point, and you factor in Horton, Seguin, and a healthy Lucic from there.  And I am just starting to dare to hope that Wheeler has grown a pair.  That's a lot of hedging, but it's more than I'd have said last year.

If they do find their groove while he's sidelined, maybe they do make a push to move him.  Or maybe they count their blessings and repeat the mantra that depth wins in the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The absence of Savard will allow Seguin and Caron to gain some experience and confidence to play in the NHL. That alone will be of great benefit to the Bruins later on.

Suffer a bit now for greater gain later. Nothing comes easy. Easy equals trouble.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no brainer bs are better with 91 in there a pt a game guy as apposed to a rookie with not 1 nhl game?  and the biggest reason i when fully healthy and rolling 3legit scoring lines it allows 2 of the lines to play against lesser opponents which really helps them see 2008 krejci wheels ryder line

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to I like this team a lot better with Savard than without:
    [QUOTE]Wow, what a surprise, huh. Forget all the "Savard's overrated", "we should trade Savard", "Savard's a lockerroom cancer" crap...this guy is a solid #1 centre, our PP is completely different with him than it is without him, and we have a legitimate chance to win the Cup if he's part of the team. Without him, we are not going to knock off the NHL heavyweights like Chicago, San Jose, Washington, Detroit, etc. We will have a good but not great team if he doesn't play. I watched TSN's top 50 players show yesterday. Other than Chara, we had no one on that list. And I wouldn't argue that assessment, either. But I think if Savard is at full health, he's on that list. We need an elite offensive player to compete with the heavyweights. I hope he recovers fully and soon. And I hope Matt Cooke gets hit by a cement truck.  
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

Is "cement truck" Evander Kane's nickname? ;-)

(BTW, I bought tickets to the B vs. the Thrashers Dec. 23. I hope Kane gets a standing O.)

As for the crap, it's crap. The B's love Savard (so glad to hear that going to Vermont and participating in the team building lifted his spirits), and they know they're much better with him, in all facets of the game. But hopefully the adversity that they face by opening the season without him will make them stronger. 

As for the top 50 list, meh. It's nothing but opinion, but I prefer my guys to fly under the radar. :-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He will be back next year in time for the playoffs...he's not going to miss the entire season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: I like this team a lot better with Savard than without:[QUOTE]In Response to I like this team a lot better with Savard than without : Is "cement truck" Evander Kane's nickname? ;-) (BTW, I bought tickets to the B vs. the Thrashers Dec. 23. I hope Kane gets a standing O.)

As for the crap, it's crap. The B's love Savard (so glad to hear that going to Vermont and participating in the team building lifted his spirits), and they know they're much better with him, in all facets of the game. But hopefully the adversity that they face by opening the season without him will make them stronger.   Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Kane was on NHL Home Ice yesterday talking about that fight pretty funny remarks and yes If I were at that game I would stand n cheer loudly.

Yes another Savard thread when he does come back this year the Bruins will be better for it and lifted by his return.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

No brainer. Bruins are a much more dangerous team with Savard in the lineup...........especially on the PP. Hope he gets well soon and back on the ice.

And agree with duinne on the "Top 50 player list"; better that the B's fly under the radar......and simply win a championship as a team. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

They looked pretty flat in period one of the season...as though a Savvy catalyst would be a welcomed addition.

Sections
Shortcuts