I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But

They have to change how this forum is organized.  When similiar topics come up, they should be normalized into the same topic group instead of being repeated a hundred different ways and reading thru the same arguments over and over again.

I'm sure most of you regular readers and contributers would agree.  I think there's, like 100 different threads on whether the Bruins should trade Thomas.

For example there could be a number of topic groups setup based on common themes that seem to show up all the time e.g a topic group dedicated to Kessel - Good trade or Not (that should be good for 10,000 threads), Thomas vs Rask (another 10,000 opinions) , Bruin prospect analysis, Wideman - bum or simply mis-understood, Seguin - the next Steve Y or the next Alexander Daige?,  Burke - best Leaf GM even, best Bruin GM ever, over-rated Bum,  Salary Cap questions, BadHabitude - optimistic Bruin Fan or Misguided Bruin Fan? NAS - Friend or Foe, Toronto Maple Leafs - NHL best franchise or Bruin minor league team .............etc

Also, an archive of messages would be nice.  Not sure why reading something that was posted 2 years ago is relevent today.

Just a passing thought

Sure would save a lot of time.

Note:  Many other hockey forums suffer from the same problem.   A bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Having said all that, I enjoy most of what I read here whether I agree or not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But

The Red Sox get 4 forums and 3 archives.
    The Patriots get 4 forums.
    The Celtics get 2 forums and 1 archive.
    The Bruins get one forum, same as the Revolution.

I think it is clear how the Globe views the sports hierarchy in Boston.  Probably accurate, sadly.

I am actually a bit torn on this.  Some greater organization would be nice, but having multiple separate forums means having more tabs open where I will obsessive-compulsively press "refresh".  I don't know if my work can handle that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

You'd have to have active moderators to handle such a forum, which certainly isn't the case here. Mods on tighter sites (HF boards, for example) routinely lock up threads or warn/ban irresponsible/trollish posters. This isn't that sort of site, which is unfortunate if orderliness is important to you. All you can do is either let it slide or go elsewhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Agreed hfboards does do a good job of moderating plus you see more threads like tukka's "Toronto record tracker" or "the official tim thomas trade thread" something along those lines on hfboards.

So I agree LRH that there should be more threads like "Savard trade thread stay or go ?" so that there is just one going. Maybe it will happen maybe not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Kinda like this post its self has been repeated over and over and over

Yes I agree too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But:
    [QUOTE]You'd have to have active moderators to handle such a forum, which certainly isn't the case here. Mods on tighter sites (HF boards, for example) routinely lock up threads or warn/ban irresponsible/trollish posters. This isn't that sort of site, which is unfortunate if orderliness is important to you. All you can do is either let it slide or go elsewhere.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.  The Globe is not about to invest any more resources on this board.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]You'd have to have active moderators to handle such a forum, which certainly isn't the case here. Mods on tighter sites (HF boards, for example) routinely lock up threads or warn/ban irresponsible/trollish posters. This isn't that sort of site, which is unfortunate if orderliness is important to you. All you can do is either let it slide or go elsewhere.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Anything to organize would be helpful, ie. defense, offense, goaltending, rookies prospects, coaching staff, management, NHL, and CBA.  I would not exclusionary but some posters simply need drug testing or genome brain samplings to continue with making remarks.  BTW NAS is a catalyst to entertain, focus, irritate, and inform on these boards.  He is an must when reading posts.  Don't want to wish me life away but September 17th cannot come quick enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Even as is, BDC's format of forums is way better than any of the other newspaper formats (internet version) out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But : BTW NAS is a catalyst to entertain, focus, irritate, and inform on these boards.  He is an must when reading posts. 
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Dang!  Inform came last!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But:
    [QUOTE]

BadHabitude - optimistic Bruin Fan or Misguided Bruin Fan?

Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Dang! 'misguided' got in ther and optimistic was first.

We'll see who has the last laugh this year when the Bruins win the Cup and get the first overall pick from the Leafs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But:
    [QUOTE]

BadHabitude - optimistic Bruin Fan or Misguided Bruin Fan?

No wait, I think you misspelled 'brilliant' as 'optimistic' and 'funny' as 'misguided'.
    Check the archives, you'll see I'm right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Often a thread stars out one way but diverges.  Then there are sub-themes and bumptious interpersonal posts.  Hard to catagorize.  I like it the way it is, with its zany format and stream.  There's gold mixed in with all the rubble.  You just gotta dig it out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Meh, these forums are perfectly fine in my opinion. I like having everything in once place.

Be careful what you wish for too, it's not like anyone pays rigorous attention to what gets posted where, in the patriots or Red-sox forums. It's just formality.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But : Dang!  Inform came last!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I"m a big fan of yours NAS.  Keep up the thoughtful reponses and the blunt replies.

I actually agree with most of what you post and enjoy the way you sprinkle in the sacrasm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But : Dang! 'misguided' got in ther and optimistic was first. We'll see who has the last laugh this year when the Bruins win the Cup and get the first overall pick from the Leafs.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I probably come back to this forum mostly because you, buddy.

I hope you found some humour in the original thread, as was intended.

I appreciate your Bruin bias as one that comes from being a die-hard fan.  I expect nothing less.  You digs on my beloved Leafs aren't always easy to take, but from the perspective of enhancing the Bruin pick, I know that's where it comes from.  Deep down.......well maybe REALLY DEEP DOWN...you love the Leafs!

As far as the predictions, I can't say they are way out in left field.  The Bruins are really solid this year and should be in the mix if all the players have recovered fully from their injuries and Horton makes up for the goals lost when Kessel moved on.

As far as getting the 1st pick overall this coming year; I feel that the Leafs will be much better and that shouldn't happen, but I wasn't expecting them to be 29th last year either so I think it's possible, especially if they get any key injuries on a team that's not deep in talent. 

The key for the Leafs is how good (or how bad) the goaltending will be. Last year was horrid.

Should be fun.......keep it real BadHab....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love reading threads from the Bruin Fans........But : I probably come back to this forum mostly because you, buddy. I hope you found some humour in the original thread, as was intended. I appreciate your Bruin bias as one that comes from being a die-hard fan.  I expect nothing less.  You digs on my beloved Leafs aren't always easy to take, but from the perspective of enhancing the Bruin pick, I know that's where it comes from.  Deep down.......well maybe REALLY DEEP DOWN...you love the Leafs! As far as the predictions, I can't say they are way out in left field.  The Bruins are really solid this year and should be in the mix if all the players have recovered fully from their injuries and Horton makes up for the goals lost when Kessel moved on. As far as getting the 1st pick overall this coming year; I feel that the Leafs will be much better and that shouldn't happen, but I wasn't expecting them to be 29th last year either so I think it's possible, especially if they get any key injuries on a team that's not deep in talent.  The key for the Leafs is how good (or how bad) the goaltending will be. Last year was horrid. Should be fun.......keep it real BadHab....

Been thinking about those Leafs, both Armstrong and Versteeg show numbers like billions of other flash in the pan guys.  Both posted lower numbers last year than the year before, it looks to me like that trend will continue.

Giguerre - he isn't getting any younger.
    Jonas - have to wonder about the heart - as in being carried out on a stretcher heart, not 'heart' like what Kessel doesn't have.
    It's shakey back there.

Phaneuf, no idea of what's up with him, a shadow of his former self, very strange for such a young guy. I have to wonder if he's doing drugs.  Idiotic penalties will continue.

Komiserak, will single handedly lose more games for you than any other player in the NHL.

Kessel - God knows what he'll do next year, 35-45 goals, depending on if he feels like it.  Or not.

Colton Orr - will certainly pound the pee out of a few people.

Kaberle and Wilson will continue to hate each other.  Doesn't seem like Burke can move Kaberle for love nor money.

Of course if all those guys can get their careers on track, then of course things will go great for them, but even so, a playoff spot is a lot to ask for.

And yes, I have always has a soft spot for the Leafs, and after this season, they will probably be my 2nd fave team.  We have Tuuka to thank the Leafs for now, and Seguin, and I can't wait for next year's present, you just have to love that.  It will take a decade to get them right side up.