I said 0% of the chances to win if both Thornton & Withfield would be in the line up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

I said 0% of the chances to win if both Thornton & Withfield would be in the line up

u cant win a game with 2 useless players ..0SOG 0G 0A 0PIM combined in the last game ...I tell you all if those 2 players are not bench next game its over we lose the game and the series..thats it thats all

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: I said 0% of the chances to win if both Thornton & Withfield would be in the line up

I though withfield would make me lie  when i saw the breakaway but NOT!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: I said 0% of the chances to win if both Thornton & Withfield would be in the line up

According to you, we lose without Thomas in goal... let's see how it plays out, shall we?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

BRUINS played well tonight ....I say even wihout TT  we could win game 7 but not with Thornton and Whitfield in the line up ....I will say it one last time if both of those 2  useless player are in the line up game 7 .....its all OVER

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

I want to see the B's act like BRUINS and deserve the pnealties that the refs seem destined to call on them.  HIT the FLyers hard enough to rattle their teeth- stop giving them love taps.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Through the first two periods Whitfield has played real well.  Maybe they should bring up all of Providence like you have been suggesting.  I say that with SARCASM!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: I said 0% of the chances to win if both Thornton & Withfield would be in the line up:
    BRUINS played well tonight ....I say even wihout TT  we could win game 7 but not with Thornton and Whitfield in the line up ....I will say it one last time if both of those 2  useless player are in the line up game 7 .....its all OVER
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS

Glad you finally admitted (although I'm sure you didn't mean to) that you were wrong about needing to make a goalie change. It took you awhile, but you finally figured out what everyone else already knew.
       Saying that 2 fourth line players that get very little ice time, are the key to the 7th game outcome, is just another silly statement in a long line of silly statements you keep spewing out.
    Please do us all a favour, and remember you said it would be the last time you would bring that up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

I said it and I will say it again ...thats how you can tell an expert from a regular fan .....TT in net game 5 and the series would be over and Rask would be rested to face the habs...but this is something only real experts can see...sorry Dude but you need to spend sometimes around the rinks and understand the players psychology...........................now its too late it doesnt matter who will be in the net next game but we need the full support of the crowd but not only for the first 30 secs .....and CJ need to sit Thornton or Whitfield or both ...cause if they both play I tell you now ....ITS OVER .......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

Whitfield played a really good game last night. Game 5 he wasnt that good but he stepped up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: I said 0% of the chances to win if both Thornton & Withfield would be in the line up:
    Posted by biggskye
    I said it and I will say it again ...thats how you can tell an expert from a regular fan .....TT in net game 5 and the series would be over and Rask would be rested to face the habs...but this is something only real experts can see...sorry Dude but you need to spend sometimes around the rinks and understand the players psychology...........................now its too late it doesnt matter who will be in the net next game but we need the full support of the crowd but not only for the first 30 secs .....and CJ need to sit Thornton or Whitfield or both ...cause if they both play I tell you now ....ITS OVER .......
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Yo "expert" what team in hockey rest their goalie in the playoffs.. maybe you need to step down from your perch...

Once you make that goal tending change, you stick with it..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

yo stanley!

are the bruins not going to win the cup in 2011 now??  first you gave up on this season (a mere 9 wins away from the cup) after supporting them all season.  and now your 2011 prediction is missing.  what gives?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Couldn't agree more....Thornton is a very tough nosed player, but 1 goal in 2 games will not cut it, plus majors in the playoffs just dont happen so the only thing he brings to the table is nullified.

Bring Hamill & Marchand into the mix....Hamill can possibly be part of the 2nd PP unit as well?

Thornton-Whitfield and/or Paille to the 9th floor....

Julien wont do it, too thick headed & needs someone (robots) to play his 'system' which is breaking down more & more as the playoffs move along....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

All of you calling for hamill, don't you think there is a reason he isnt with the club?  He has played very little in the NHL, he has 2 full seasons in the AHL with out having anything that resebles a "break out season" etc.. You are calling for hamill simply based on his high draft selection, not based on anything he has shown..

Similarly with Marchand he played 20 plus games and was given opportunities to play with good players only to prove he is really not ready yet..he took a lot of stupid/bad penalties this is the playoffs we dont have time for him to figure things out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFringer. Show FredFringer's posts

These guys are 4th liners only - although Whit does kill penalties & should have buried his breakaway.... Guys that play 8-9 mins per game aren't really difference-makers and we should be focusing on how Wheeler, Ryder, Bergeron, Savvy, Satan, Rex, and pretty much the whole core has failed again to produce over the last 2 games!

BTW, Paille is utter shite on the 1st line & should be replaced - but the problem is would Lucic or Wheels be any improvement??!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Let me fix this - there's 0% chance the Bruins win the series if Thornton and Whitfield are their best forwards again, because they sure looked like the best line last night.  Good energy, good possession in the offensive zone, took the body, even tried throwing the puck on net from odd angles...which is what you do with a goalie who hasn't played in months.  Everyone hearken back to the days of JVB in Flyer orange and think how quickly the Flyer faithful would fall victim to their own "here we go again" syndrome if the Bruins snuck one through from a bad angle - say in the last minute of the first period tomorrow night?

At this point, any of the AHLers (including Marchand who's a tweener, I guess) would be a panic move; there isn't a guy there who's a legit NHL player, so there's no good reason to think any of them can make the kind of difference people are hoping to see.  They need to avoid panic, 'cause the first guy on that bench who screams "we're all gonna die!" will start a wildfire.

But...if I thought the team was cooked one way or the other, so you're taking the long odds and just playing the lottery, I might give Hamill Savard's spot between Satan and Lucic.  Not because Hamill deserves it based on anything he's done, but because I know he has great vision and passing skills, he just doesn't seem interested in doing what he needs to at the AHL level to maximize those assets.  And from everything I've seen and heard, he has a pro-style ego.  You ever want to see Zach Hamill work, give him a chance to be a hero in the NHL playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I can't see how the outcome depends on whether these 2 4-line players are in the lineup or not.

They don't play much.

The outcome depends on what the core players do e.g. Savard, Rask, Chara, Bergeron, Recchi, Wideman (yes Wideman....he generates a lot of offense on a team that is offensively challenged), Satan

I see a big game from Rask making the difference

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

I though withfield would make me lie  when i saw the breakaway but NOT!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Whitfield fired directly into the "P" on his breakaway.  Center of mass.  'nuff said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

jalvis[/QUOTE]

The only reason why I gave up on our chances to win the Cup this year is because the lost of Krejci ....in order to win the Cup yoou need all your weapons...BRUINS could win game 7 but thats it ....neex round we will gibe a good battle to Mtl but we are going to come up short ...Krejci has such a big impact on our offense when he is at his best (and he was at his best during the series ) ......sad but it is the reality ...now if ever Mtl would lose a player like Camallerri ...well it would be a diffferent story ...if Flyers win game 7 ...they will probably try to hurt players like Cammallerri and Gionta ..they're very good at that

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

bookboy and LRH are correct.  the bruins' best players need to be their best players.  richards, pronger, gagne, briere, hartnell, etc. have been the flyers' best players.  it's time for chara, savvy, bergy, recchi, etc to be the bruins' best players.  they do that and i like their chances.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

LRH is spot on! IT is the high dollar players that need to step it up!  The second goal last night by Briere was a bad goal to give up by Tuukka.  If you watch the replay, he was not square to the puck, his shoulder was angled toward the goal mouth, thus the puck hit his shoulder and deflected into the net.  Had he been square, that puck goes to the corner.  Not blaming the loss on Tuukka, but should've been stopped.  The loss of Krejci has been enormous! In addition, Sobotka is still nursing an injury that makes it almost impossible to hit.  These two players were game changers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Posted by biggskye
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Aw "dude", you promised to not mention Thornton & Whitfield again.
    As far as spending time at rinks & being able to understand  player psychology, don't you think an NHL coach that spends more time at a rink with the actual players, is in a better position to make decisions than you?
       A cheering crowd is more important that the goaltender, for a team to win? WOW! How can anyone respond to something that stupid?
       Also, statements like "TT in net game 5 and the series would be over", are not FACT because you keep saying it is. It is just SPECULATION on your part.
    "Expert" or not, no one can be sure of an outcome that NEVER TOOK PLACE!
    No sane person anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I do not want to criticize Whitfield... I know he is good at what he is supposed to do which is a checking role.  However, I do not beleive the Bruins need yet another checker they need the best offensive player available in the minors.  Maybe that player would have picked a corner on that breakway rather than shooting the puck right at the goalie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I agree that Thorton and Whitfield dont hurt you when they are on the ice, but the scoring woes seemed to have returned and these 2 guys are not going to help in that department. I would try something different for game 7 if I was Julien. I would bring up lehtonen and sauve. with those 2 we get back some of the speed and skill we lost with Krejci and Sturm, I know Sturm wasn't scoring but his speed was always a threat.

my lines for game 7

Lucic  Savard  Satan
    Sauve Bergeron  Recchi
    Wheeler  Sobotka  Ryder
    Paille Begin Lehtonen

If Sobotka's hurt maybe try Hamill there too. I know thats too much change for Julien and will never happen, but to him I guess Krejci & Sturm = Whitfield & Thornton. LOL

I still believe and if you dont, thats OK 2.

Lets go Bruins!!! get it done.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Everybodies jumping all over this Thornton/Whitfield issue..and I fail to see why.. Bringing up unproven AHL players to the NHL is a significant risk in that these players may provide much needed scoring punch while conversely they may also be a liability on defense..Risk seems to be too great at this time to experiement.. Had the management team given this some thought.. they should have addressed this during the regular season and played these guys with the big club to get NHL ready.. Now is not the time to experiment.. Thornton is not a liability when he is on the ice, his effectiveness as an enforcer is more important during the regular season but he was not brought to this club to be the next Gretzky.. As for Whitfield,, he is what he is.. and it would be nice if he could put in a few.. he probably won't but.. he isn't as big a risk in the defensive end as say a Hammill would be.  So IMHO, management missed their window of opportunity to prepare these guys for the scenario that presents itself tomorrow night..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

supportlocal81 I agree with you that they missed there window of preparation but whitfield is AHL calibur aswell and defensive forwards on this team is not the issue it's the 1 goal in 2 games. I dont think Sauve would be any different then Whitfield on the defensive side, and definately an upgrade on the offensive side. I just wanna win. I know we can beat the Flyers its a 1 game season tomorrow and I just  hope the B's are up to the task. We as fans deserve it.

Sections
Shortcuts