I say if Wheeler wants $4MM....Give it to him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I say if Wheeler wants $4MM....Give it to him

At that salary we will say in 6 months from now that this was a real deal ....Wheeler will be among the top 10 goals scorer next season and thats one of the reason why the BRUINS will win their 6th Stanley Cup ......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: I say if Wheeler wants $4MM....Give it to him

This has got to be a joke.

I don't think Blake Wheeler is a candidate for MENSA, but he'd have to be dumber than a box of rocks to ask for $4 million.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to I say if Wheeler wants $4MM....Give it to him:
    At that salary we will say in 6 months from now that this was a real deal ....Wheeler will be among the top 10 goals scorer next season and thats one of the reason why the BRUINS will win their 6th Stanley Cup ......
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Top 10 on the team maybe...otherwise you're smokin' some bad granola.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Stanley, Stanley,Stanley... I understand you have a lot hope on this guy, but there's absolutely no way in hell that PC offers that money & neither will any other team. Unless he's going to the KHL! This guy just may not have it! He's a big guy, that supposedly gained 20 lbs of muscle in the off season last year & he seemed more weak! The odds are against him, because whenever it comes to college players. More often than not they cannot handle the rigors of the NHL. Now, I know there's plenty of players that came from the college ranks that have been great, but so far Wheeler hasn't shown he's going to be one. Not for a player that was picked 5th overall & a player of his size! If PC signs him to a 2 yr $2mill a season I think for what he's shown that's more than enough! I think Wheeler needs to decide if wants to be a hockey player. Until he shows he does I wouldn't give him anymore than a 2 yr deal! In the 1.5-2 range.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Given his offensive production and consistency, I agree. 4million over 3 years sounds just about right. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

yeah, Don't know why you think he deserves that.

Brian Boyle is a big body too, also taken in the first round. It doesn't mean he can get a huge contract without proving himself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: I say if Wheeler wants $4MM....Give it to him:
    Given his offensive production and consistency, I agree. 4million over 3 years sounds just about right.  In Response to I say if Wheeler wants $4MM....Give it to him :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Is this in reference to Blake Wheeler?

Derek Roy, Nathan Horton, Derek Booth are $4M per year players.  Wheeler is nowhere close.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Yes it was. $4 split up over three seasons i great. 

In Response to Re: I say if Wheeler wants $4MM....Give it to him : Is this in reference to Blake Wheeler? Derek Roy, Nathan Horton, Derek Booth are $4M per year players.  Wheeler is nowhere close.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes it was. $4 split up over three seasons i great.  In Response to Re: I say if Wheeler wants $4MM....Give it to him :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

Oh, my mistake.  I thought you were agreeing that Wheeler was a $4M/yr player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

If Wheeler asks for 4M then PC should shake his hand and give him cab fare to Logan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

StanleyCuptotheBruins is just a troll who says dumb things to get attention for himself

DONT FEED HIM

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Stanley, with ideas like this , you won't get your B's job you so dearly covet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I assume "$4MM" means four dollars worth of M&Ms, in which case, yes, that would be the best contract in the league.  It would be several hundred thousand dollars under the minimum NHL salary, but Wheeler was, at times, several hundred thousand notches below minimum NHL standard last year.

Stanley's hobby horses right now are Wheeler and Mikko Lehtonen.  Both are big, soft, and disappear in the second half of the season.  Neither has consistently shown that he can be relied on to produce.  When Hamill came on after the AHL All-star break and started to play point/game hockey - as a + player - Lehtonen disappeared.  I'm not sure he scored 5 goals in the last two months of the year.  Wheeler is coasting on the having had a great start to his first year - played pants-on-fire to stick, burned out early, and now is way too comfortable.  Someone has to rattle his cage.  I'm hoping the Bruins offer him the minimum raise allowed by the qualifying offer process and then let him sit to see if there are RFA offer sheets.  Let him squirm for a while.  He'll get p1ssed off, sure, but are you afraid a p1ssed off Wheeler will play with less heart?  I'm not.  And if he then decides he never wants to be a Bruin again, well - bye.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Wheeler will get 2.8 to 3.4 million per year

If not from the Bs,it will be from someone else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

If it's over 2.8, then I hope it's not from the B's.

Although he definitely has lots of potential, he has not been able to unleash that potential on a regular basis.  Until he does, he should be making below $2M.

In his case, perhaps a 1 year contract may be the best incentive for his development.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If it's over 2.8, then I hope it's not from the B's. Although he definitely has lots of potential, he has not been able to unleash that potential on a regular basis.  Until he does, he should be making below $2M. In his case, perhaps a 1 year contract may be the best incentive for his development.
    Posted by RascalHoudi

At $2.8M, I'd be happy if it were a three year deal.  Give him a little more time to develop.  If he gets better, he's a bargain for the following two seasons.   If not, he's only slightly overpaid for his services.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Stanley, Stanley,Stanley... I understand you have a lot hope on this guy, but there's absolutely no way in hell that PC offers that money & neither will any other team. Unless he's going to the KHL! This guy just may not have it! He's a big guy, that supposedly gained 20 lbs of muscle in the off season last year & he seemed more weak! The odds are against him, because whenever it comes to college players. More often than not they cannot handle the rigors of the NHL. Now, I know there's plenty of players that came from the college ranks that have been great, but so far Wheeler hasn't shown he's going to be one. Not for a player that was picked 5th overall & a player of his size! If PC signs him to a 2 yr $2mill a season I think for what he's shown that's more than enough! I think Wheeler needs to decide if wants to be a hockey player. Until he shows he does I wouldn't give him anymore than a 2 yr deal! In the 1.5-2 range.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I agree with almost ll of this although my one ammendment is that I think its a 1/2/3 yr deal for 2.5 per and Wheeler is the one who decides length indicating he can choose security or opt to bet on himself improving enough to get a significantly better deal.  I don't think PC let's him walk away unless some team comes in and makes a Burkesque type offer for him. I also don't think anyone's going to pay the RFA draft pick bounty giving the team total control of this situation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They only have to qualify Wheeler at around $1M, I think.  That's one reason Rask's deal is so team-friendly.  If no one comes looking for him, I think they can get him in for a year or two at $1.5.

hockey 101's range = 1st and 3rd round picks as compensation.  Depending on the team making the offer, and how high the offer is, I might consider that.  I'm just not sure who's going to be willing to give up those picks for Blake Wheeler.  I doubt it's a team near the bottom of the standings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

They only have to qualify Wheeler at around $1M, I think.  That's one reason Rask's deal is so team-friendly.  If no one comes looking for him, I think they can get him in for a year or two at $1.5. hockey 101's range = 1st and 3rd round picks as compensation.  Depending on the team making the offer, and how high the offer is, I might consider that.  I'm just not sure who's going to be willing to give up those picks for Blake Wheeler.  I doubt it's a team near the bottom of the standings.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Sounds good to me I would take a first and a third from any team for Wheeler even from teams drafting at the end of the round, although I don't think it's a great deal at that point just a fair deal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Wheeler asks for 4M then PC should shake his hand and give him cab fare to Logan.Posted by BruWingFan

^This and yes give Blake some M&Ms to have on the plane!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Next year everybody in this room will say : Stanley is a genius ...prediction for season 2010-2011 Blake Wheeler 80GP  33G 30A 63PTS  72PIM

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Next year everybody in this room will say : Stanley is a genius ...prediction for season 2010-2011 Blake Wheeler 80GP  33G 30A 63PTS  72PIM
    Just like last year when you predicted the Bruins would win the cup THIS year, which you conveniently removed from your signature.
    You're an idiot. Now go get ready for your pretend interview with the Bruins. While you're there see if you can get PC to sign Shawn Thornton to a 5 year/ 50 million dollar contract.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Wheel of fortune!  Wheeler should be given a 2m one year contract.  Anything more is a waste of cap space.  Let him play with his buddy Kessel in Toronto at that point.  

Why?  When he flew down the wing into the offensive zone this year, I would yell over to my brother watch "he will get knocked off of the puck".  Sure enough we both would laugh.  At 6'5", the boy should be able to protect the puck let alone shoot it on net.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

You're one of the reasons I avoid this board.  Stunning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

I don't care if Wheeler grows another four inches and adds 40 pounds of muscle.
    He needs to grow a set of cojones before I'd give him anything.
    And the chances of that happening are next to nil.
    I've been saying this for two years. 
    He plays like he's a foot shorter than Brian Gionta.
    Ugh.

Sections
Shortcuts