I think I am a "Pink Puck"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Well I guess the truth is coming out. About a week of ago I watched my first complete Bruins game in about 20 years. The last decade or so I have not even been able to bring myself to watch more than a minute here or there. In fact the first 6 or 10 games this season I kept telling my buddy, a die hard Bruins fan, that the wheels were soon to come flying off. I was wrong. I admit it. I now have both hands on the side of the band wagon and I'm dragging aboard the torso as we speak. This is a fun team to watch. I had forgotten what good, clean, fast paced, skilled hockey was like to watch. It had become an after thought. A mere blip on my sports radar. I truly believed the sport was dead and buried. Shame on me, I know. I stand before you today and admit my error and ask that as I climb back aboard that you have forgiveness. I wanted to watch. I tried to watch. I just couldn't. Break a finger or two if you must but allow me back on the Bruin boat. I will try and represent the team as I have the Pats, Celts and Sox during the lean years...with faith.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

WELCOME BACK!!! ......i too have family routes going back to the gallery gods where we had 4 tickets in the first balcony for 30 yrs.... we never turned our backs on the bruins the last 10 yrs. but were forced to looked the other way because of the jacobs ... this family never passed the sniff test but yet, we put up with there antics...so for now i will enjoy the players that we have, a coach who knows how to coach, and know that we can enjoy bruins hockey on a cold winters nite....happy holidays

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

25 years of my life Ive been a diehard fan...i watched an all but guaranteed stanley cup team lose in the early 90s to Lemiuex...and that was the closest Ive ever been to a cup since my birth. Still bleeding black and gold today and going strong. Welcome aboard and dont let yourself fall off again dangnabbit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

Gravelton you fair-weather fan. Go home and never go see a Boston Bruins game again.

Gravelton "the Bruins are good again. They have been my team for YEARS!"

Me "where were you last year?"

Gravelton "cheering for the champs"

Me "exactly. You fair-weather fan"

I bet you've been claiming that you were a hard core Bruins fan all your life now right? I hate band-wagon jumpers. Especially band wagon jumpers that jump onto their OWN team. You're the lowest of the low on the loyal fan scale.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Leaving aside the Bruins for a moment, I find these statements somewhat odd:

//I had forgotten what good, clean, fast paced, skilled hockey was like to watch. It had become an after thought. A mere blip on my sports radar. I truly believed the sport was dead and buried.//

The SPORT? Were you unaware of players like Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Hossa, heck, the entire Red Wings roster? Even as I watched the Bruins struggle to regain their feet post-lockout, I still got a real kick out of watching guys like Ovechkin. Hockey, IMHO, provides thrills unlike any other sport.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Thank you lucic007. Happy Holidays to you as well. Oh, and by the way stay away from the cocktails on Turkey day...they tend to bring out the inner aggressions. I think you may be all set with that. Have a safe and happy Holiday and Go Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

[Quote]Leaving aside the Bruins for a moment, I find these statements somewhat odd:

//I had forgotten what good, clean, fast paced, skilled hockey was like to watch. It had become an after thought. A mere blip on my sports radar. I truly believed the sport was dead and buried.//

The SPORT? Were you unaware of players like Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Hossa, heck, the entire Red Wings roster? Even as I watched the Bruins struggle to regain their feet post-lockout, I still got a real kick out of watching guys like Ovechkin. Hockey, IMHO, provides thrills unlike any other sport.

[/Quote] COMMON ON! what, s next merrimack college ... we are talking about the bruin,s!!!! f*#K detroit..... and ovenchkin.... and stop nit-picken.. we can always count on the real anti- bruin fan to show there real colors and there not black and gold.......more like YELLOW..... KEEP COMMING BACK BRUINS FANS ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mybruins. Show mybruins's posts

I appreciate the honesty. But the only tiime to stop cheering for the bruins is if the players let you down - and the only year I can remember that happening is the year Lewis was coaching. Remember Krechi (I think it was Krechi) - getting cheap shotted up high in that Buffalo game, and NOT ONE GUY stood up for him. The Lewis days are over, the guys are back. Gravelton - get you priorities right - the game is not about jacobs or win/loss - its about effort and the guys on the ice (think about Cam Neeley). Winning is the bonus - and its bonus time today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

I'm already annoyed with all the bandwagon fans. Where have you been for the past decade or so ? OK there were alot of Bruins teams that were bad and tough to watch but if you are a TRUE BRUINS FAN then that means supporting the team when they finish dead last also.
    I saw my first Bruins "pink hat" yesterday and I almost threw up in my mouth. I hope this does not turn into the same marketing brainwashing that the Red Sox have been shoving down our throats recently. ALL the SHEEP should stick to watching the Sox with their "Red Sox Nation" garbage.
    Judging by attendance, there are 10,000 or so true Bruins fans out there that have been supporting the team through the bad times (yeah I'm talking about Gene Simmons and the Cow guy that sit in the balcony at every game), they are the real fans. Let's go Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

[Quote]I appreciate the honesty. But the only tiime to stop cheering for the bruins is if the players let you down - and the only year I can remember that happening is the year Lewis was coaching. Remember Krechi (I think it was Krechi) - getting cheap shotted up high in that Buffalo game, and NOT ONE GUY stood up for him. The Lewis days are over, the guys are back. Gravelton - get you priorities right - the game is not about jacobs or win/loss - its about effort and the guys on the ice (think about Cam Neeley). Winning is the bonus - and its bonus time today.[/Quote] i beg to differ, but because of the jacobs total control of both the front office and the purse strings he had complete control of our emotions of this team..... can you ever say he ever took the next step to ever put this team over the top??? of course not ... he has always been a bottom line owner and a budget control freak concerning his profit (look it up...forbes ) he has now fallen in to a very exciting and young team ..only because the bruins have been medieocre over the years.. i love this team, will support this team, support the coach, but i can NEVER EVER, SUPPORT THE JACOBS... and you will see why..... WATCH 2009-2010....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

//Judging by attendance, there are 10,000 or so true Bruins fans out there that have been supporting the team through the bad times//

Judging by attendance is ridiculous. The Bruins are a regional team, and if you're a Bruins fan in northern Vermont or Maine or Western Mass., you're not going to show up at the Garden every week. I was an absolute diehard Bruins fan for years before I ever saw my first game in person.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinslovah5. Show bruinslovah5's posts

"The Bruins are a regional team, and if you're a Bruins fan in northern Vermont or Maine or Western Mass., you're not going to show up at the Garden every week."

Thanks for printing that Duinne. I am a HUGE fan of the Bruins, and I live in Las Vegas. I have Center Ice and watch EVERY SINGLE GAME (and not just since they've been winning either). The point is well taken, though, that there are a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon. That's fine...welcome aboard! But PLEASE don't wear a pink hat!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

This hockeymom/bruins fan will never be caught dead in a pink hat. <shudder> black and gold is the only way to go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Point well taken Duinne. Attendance is 1 factor but their tiny TV ratings are also an indicator of how they are being followed regionally. Compared to the other teams in Boston the Bruins have a niche following in what is a niche sport. My frustration also lies in the lack of coverage that this very good hockey team gets from the media. WEEI would rather disect and analyze all 162 Red Sox (including the exhibition season) games rather than talk about the B's. Turn on the radio right now and I guarantee you that the talk is centered around hot stove baseball rather than hockey.
    What I'm saying is that the real bruins fans know who they are. The rest are fair weather fans that I have no use for. These are the same people that left the Pats game early when they were getting smoked by the Dolphins

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Welcome back, the more the merrier!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

I made the "Pink Puck" comment with my tounge firmly implanted in my cheek-however the discussion brought to light just how intense we as New England sports fans realy are. I personally have never wasted one minute of my time or energy worrying about "fair weather fans", "Pink hats", "Bandwagon Jumpers" etc. However, I respect that high degree of passion 100% It is what makes our region so unique. The relationship we have with "our" sports teams is kindred. They, in many ways, are our family. The intensity of these discussions is often comparable to deliberations one might have about there younger brother... heated, stubborn, fervent, ferocious and protective.
    What makes a "Good fan?" I don't know. I do know that I cried like a baby in '86', prayed for the lights to come back on during game 4 in '88', realized even legends get old on August 18th 1992, discovered mortality on July 27th 1993, learned that heros have heros too at Fenway in '99', was oddly sad and happy at the same time to see one of my all time favorites say good bye to Boston and hello to his dream in March of "00', witnessed a miracle in the snow in 2001, drank heavily, very heavily, after the 11th inning in '03', heard the chant of "1918" for the last time in '04', for the 8th time in 12 years watched the NBA playoffs with only one eye on the screen in '07' and named by son Brady in the summer of '08'. Does this in itself make me a good fan? No. There is always someone out there who cheers harder, remembers better, watches more games, has more sports channels, hurts deeper...the tie that binds us all is that some fans simply care about their sports teams. We live ours.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Tounge in cheek or not, you bring to light something that NOBODY wants to admit. Boston, in all it's historic sports glory, is not immune to fairweather fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

[Quote]Tounge in cheek or not, you bring to light something that NOBODY wants to admit. Boston, in all it's historic sports glory, is not immune to fairweather fans.[/Quote]......WELL... NO FAN LIKES TO TAKE A HOSEING .. ESPECIALY FROM SOMEONE LIKE JACOBS... DO YOU REALLY THINKS HE GIVES 2 $Hits ABOUT THE SPORTS FAN OF BOSTON?? THATS WHY I,M PROUND TO BE CALLED A BOSTONIAN SPORTS FANS... FAIRWEATHER? MAYBE.... STUPID? NEVER!!!!! ... GO...BRUINS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pistolpeteprisco. Show pistolpeteprisco's posts

Re: I think I am a

Add BruinsUnite to this pathetic list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

In Response to I think I am a "Pink Puck":
    [QUOTE]I made the "Pink Puck" comment with my tounge firmly implanted in my cheek-however the discussion brought to light just how intense we as New England sports fans realy are. I personally have never wasted one minute of my time or energy worrying about "fair weather fans", "Pink hats", "Bandwagon Jumpers" etc. However, I respect that high degree of passion 100% It is what makes our region so unique. The relationship we have with "our" sports teams is kindred. They, in many ways, are our family. The intensity of these discussions is often comparable to deliberations one might have about there younger brother... heated, stubborn, fervent, ferocious and protective. What makes a "Good fan?" I don't know. I do know that I cried like a baby in '86', prayed for the lights to come back on during game 4 in '88', realized even legends get old on August 18th 1992, discovered mortality on July 27th 1993, learned that heros have heros too at Fenway in '99', was oddly sad and happy at the same time to see one of my all time favorites say good bye to Boston and hello to his dream in March of "00', witnessed a miracle in the snow in 2001, drank heavily, very heavily, after the 11th inning in '03', heard the chant of "1918" for the last time in '04', for the 8th time in 12 years watched the NBA playoffs with only one eye on the screen in '07' and named by son Brady in the summer of '08'. Does this in itself make me a good fan? No. There is always someone out there who cheers harder, remembers better, watches more games, has more sports channels, hurts deeper...the tie that binds us all is that some fans simply care about their sports teams. We live ours.
    Posted by Gravelten4[/QUOTE]
    Here's hoping you're still on board.  We need great hockey fans in this town.  This is Red Sox nation first and foremost.  Let's go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PatheticPetePrick you really haven't got a clue. BU is an avid fan and dedicates a lot of her time to the B's and this forum. I don't always or maybe even rarely agree with her views but I repect them as her attitude rather than turning around and pis*ing on them.

You want to know passion move to Canada and you will see bleeding for your team, but passion does not take over politeness and respect to your fellow man (hab fans excluded of course) or woman BU!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I am so choked up, I don't know what to say.

Bruins fans asking other fans for forgiveness for not watching the team during lean years.

This sounds like a good possibility for a "made for T.V. movie" or even a miniseries.

Or not.

Dumb post of the day award. Hands down.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: I think I am a:
    [QUOTE]Dumb post of the day award. Hands down.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    If by "the day" you mean "a day over a year ago", I agree with you.

This relentless campaign to bump old, irrelevant posts is ridiculous.  Somebody really needs to find a new hobby.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: I think I am a:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I think I am a : If by "the day" you mean "a day over a year ago", I agree with you. This relentless campaign to bump old, irrelevant posts is ridiculous.  Somebody really needs to find a new hobby.
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

You have a point. I guess this makes it the dumb post of 2008.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

HOCKEY NATION

Get on. It's the fastest team sport on earth not played in an F-1 car; it's got deeply-rooted foundations in Canada and the USA, and has crossed borders all over the world. When Russia first played Canada you couldn't buy a loaf of bread in this country because every business was shut down for the game.

At war time, we couldn't live without hockey but had no men, so we drafted our women. That filled the arenas too because the hunger for the sport was so deep.

The USA took our under-payed players and offered them a career for the first time, with the advent of a real hockey league. Now hockey players can make a living doing what they love.

Frustrations one wasn't permitted to reveal in real life were spilled all over the ice in the form of hard hitting and skill.

The sport began with 'gentlemen only' and eventually opened its doors to the rich and the poor, young and old, male and female. Many fights were fought so that we could get to this point-- these fights include legal battles and civil rigts activism. 

Other nations adopted the 'North American way' and had very dull hockey before they finally got the system right.

Boston might be red sox nation but North America is hockey nation. Welcome and Enjoy.

ps. I just saw the above posts; someoene I've never
    even noticed on here or had a discussion with decides to bash me for ambiguous reasons that he surely doesn't himself fully comprehend. Suppose you're a 'real' man. Well any time you want to show what a man you are on the ice or in terms of hockey knowledge, I'm there, big boy. But for now, crawl back under your rock. 

Sections
Shortcuts