I Will Say This About Laraque

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I Will Say This About Laraque

Obviously, Gainey throughout this series (and really GC throughout the year) wanted this guy hunting Bruins and playing super physical, which is fine. But when it was obvious it wasnt working, he never overstepped the fair play line into nasty cheap shot territory just to please his coach or try and goad the Bruins. For a goon, that can be pretty rare. I am impressed, I honestly thought he was the best Canadian out there at times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: I Will Say This About Laraque

That was frankly one of my biggest fears about the Bruins running away with the series.........a disgruntled Habs team that simply wanted to cheap shot the Bruins so they would "pay" for embarrassing them.

Glad it didn't happen & I agree, despite Laraque's well known fighting ways, he didn't stoop low and do the wrong thing. Kudo's to him for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from emitchell2. Show emitchell2's posts

That was frankly one of my biggest fears about the Bruins running away with the series.........a disgruntled Habs team that simply wanted to cheap shot the Bruins so they would "pay" for embarrassing them. Glad it didn't happen & I agree, despite Laraque's well known fighting ways, he didn't stoop low and do the wrong thing. Kudo's to him for it.
    Posted by 4everbruins

I completely agree with both of you. I'll never forget when Laraque didn't do anything dirty back in January to get back at Lucic for beating down Komisarek.  I remember Savard even told him to stop egging on looch and that it wasn't the night for fighting.

I hate the habs, but kudos to Laraque for being a classy enforcer. He may not be good, but at least he's not a d bag on the ice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Laraque is a classy, intelligent man.  If you have the chance, check out the blog Georges wrote for www.sports.net.ca for a couple of months this season, he's got great material for a book.  A wonderful sense of humor, the guy can really write.  Laraque wrote that he never fights in anger, that way he doesn't lose control.  It's all very clinical to him.  He's paid to play a role and he does it as well as anyone.  Going through the handshake line tonight, did you see the way he looked Lucic right in the eye?  There was genuine respect there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

This thread is great. I kept hearing about what a nice guy he was, but never had any evidence. Might check out the blog.

But I did say, midway through the season, that if Julien adopted Laraque he could turn him into a goal scorer too hah

Speaking of Dr. Julien, bats off to coach, and even to the execs, who said, during the Bs' losing streak, that firing claude was an impossibility. No way.

Thanks, Claude, and a huge yay to those who believed in him. Those young boys needed a father figure of sorts--someone with both authority and understanding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonCherry. Show DonCherry's posts

Thank f uck Laraque isn't as dumb and classless as MTL fans.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Obviously, Gainey throughout this series (and really GC throughout the year) wanted this guy hunting Bruins and playing super physical, which is fine. But when it was obvious it wasnt working, he never overstepped the fair play line into nasty cheap shot territory just to please his coach or try and goad the Bruins. For a goon, that can be pretty rare. I am impressed, I honestly thought he was the best Canadian out there at times.
    Posted by mikzor

GL has been a class act almost his entire career for a good number of teams. The Habs are the only team that forced him to look like a total fool. The guy loves the game and would like to be given the chance to prove himself as a decent hockey player. Hopefully he will get a chance with another team someday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

One thing is certain, he is no where near the pig Homosarek is.....

Lucic should have pounded him senseless in that 2 minute tustle they had last night....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

One thing is certain, he is no where near the pig Homosarek is..... Lucic should have pounded him senseless in that 2 minute tustle they had last night....
    Posted by MTLBRUINFAN

At least Looch got one money punch in there last night (and snuck another one in on Komi's way down)....Did anyone see the prelude to the fight?

Looch was just standing there after the whistle, when Komi skated up to him, shoved him, and whispered something....

All of a sudden , you see the biggest grin just appear on Looch's face and he excitedly turned to Komisarek....I read Looch's lips, they said (very excitedly) : "REALLY ?!?!?!?!?"  He was obviously VERY thrilled (and a bit surprised) that Komisarek wanted another round.....

That grin was awesome....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

I've posted it many many times.  Laraque was the best player dressed for the habs.  The only one with honor, and who played his best.  It's sad that he wasn't with a team that did as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Most definitely.  Georges has been honorable and classy all year, including the play-offs.  Many of the Hab-nots could learn a thing or two from him (specifically, Maxine and Komi).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Big Georges has never been a dirty, classless clown, and I think thats what the Habs thought he would bring.  I just dont understand why theyd sign the guy and NOT play him, like they did all year, then insert him into the playoffs against the toughest team in the league like he was going to dismantle each guy, one by one.  He has always been a classy, stand up guy and was never a goon like some imply.  He is a tough customer and is a respectable opponent. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Georges Laraque knows his role and he understands the importance of having tough guys and intimidators on any team.

We had Jay Miller, Lyndon Byers, John Wensink , Brookbank, etc. Every team has it's goon squad, these guys know what they have to do to stay in the league. These are not necessarily "dirty" players.

I'd have Laraque on my team before I'd have Avery.

Sections
Shortcuts