I wish Savard would shoot more.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

I wish Savard would shoot more.

There have been a few games now I've noticed Savard in transition looking to make a pass, when I really wish he would just pull the trigger. I got to give him credit though. To move at the speed he does in transition to keep his head up and maintain puck control to look for the pass is a crazy skill. I'm just finding that the pairing he is with are not always finding the open lanes to make those shots. Bitz and Wheeler are a couple of big dudes and I think they are used to scrapping in front of the net vs fancy dipsy doodle plays we all know Savvy is capable of. Maybe if he shoots more as they crash we'd see more out of it. Just a thought!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Re: I wish Savard would shoot more.

If just shooting more and crashing the net is the answer, why have someone of Savvy's caliber doing that. Would be nice to have someone who is a consistent finisher to utilize Savvy slick passing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I to would like Savy to shoot more, he doesn't have much to pass to so he may as well. PC I hope he is looking for that winger for Savy so we may even score on the power play, one PP goal in regulation could have got us 2pts. vs the Isle, we will have to suffer until PC understands. I would like to see the Bruins score 8 goals in a game because they haven't done it in 3 years, we have scored 7 but not 8.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

With Wheeler and Bitz on his wings, Savard should shoot more.  He can crank shots off from the tops of the faceoff circles while his big wingers crash the net looking for rebounds.  Like others have stated, many of Savard's sweet feeds are going to waste, so he might as well shoot more.  That may open up the ice a bit, and allow him to put soft passes onto the trailing winger's tape, since they don't seem to be able to handle hard passes.