If Bruins pick 4th or later then who?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

If Bruins pick 4th or later then who?

Who do you like ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Re: If Bruins pick 4th or later then who?

you do know this scenerio is more than likely with the Bruins luck. There is absolutely no question they will be picking 4th this draft. Thanks for the update.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If Connolly didn't have the hip, i'd say it was a no-brainer.  I also like Neiderrietter.  Both guys have NHL size and strength.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think if we are 4th we are going to be picking between Gormley, Gudbranson and Fowler.  They have been fighting it out all season and all look like very solid D-men.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to
    I think if we are 4th we are going to be picking between Gormley, Gudbranson and Fowler.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Who do you like for the second pick?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I agree, I think there is a legitimate possibility we get the luck to have Toronto go on a winning streak and mess up our chances. That being said, there's a legitimate chance that we would take a defenseman if we're in the 4-6 range. After Hall and Seguin, there's Cam Fowler, Erik Gudbranson and Brandon Gormley for defense (with Derek Forbort as a possible dark horse candidate), and Alex Burmistov, Brett Connolly, Vladamir Tarasenko and Nino Neiderreiter for forwards. The top 3 defenseman are within the 3-8 range, with Forbort again as the dark horse. The forwards could be chosen anywhere from 4-13, with some other players possibly rising above. I've taken the time to find the prospects in that range and a brief description of their talents.

3. Cam Fowler (6'2, 190)- Big, strong player who can play at both ends of the ice. Impressive skating for a defenseman his size, but I don't think he's a Doughty type, closer to Rob Blake. Fowler currently has 55 points in 55 games with the Windsor Spitfires (OHL) this year (Taylor Hall's team)

4. Erik Gubranson (6'3, 199)- Big, hard hitting defenseman who projects more as an offensive defenseman. He's intriguing because of his talent and potential but he's only shown glimpses of what he can really do. He currently has 23 points in 39 games with the Kingston Frontenacs this year in the OHL.

5. Brandon Gormley (6'1, 175)- Two-way defenseman who projects to be like Sheldon Souray without the same slapshot. Currently has 43 points in 57 games for the Moncton Wildcats in the QMJHL.

6. Alex Burmistov (6'0, 170)- Talented playmaker and passer who can also play on the penalty kill. Unfortunately he's under contract to return to the KHL after this season, which may end up hurting his draft stock. Currently has 64 points in 61 games for the Barrie Colts in the OHL.

7. Brett Connolly (6'2, 181)- Skilled goal scorer who's strong on his feet and goes hard to the net. Was injured for a big part of the season but has 17 points in 15 games for the Prince George Cougars in the WHL. 

8. Vladimir Tarasenko (5'11, 200)- Currently playing in Russia, Tarasenko has the guts to take hits to get what he needs to done. He's talented, but none of his skills stand out amongst the others. He intends to play in North America when he becomes a free agent. 

9. Nino Neiderreiter (6'1, 205)- Big, strong skilled player playing for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL. Used the World Juniors tournament as his coming out party, playing well enough to improve his potential into a legitimate player in the Rick Nash mold. Currently has 58 points in 64 games for Portland.

If anybody wants to know more, you can look at Sports Illustrated's mini scouting reports on their top 30 ranked played for the 2010 draft by googling NHL mock draft 2010 (I'd put the link on here but the text box isn't working well.

You can also look up the 3 Canadian major junior leagues at www.ontariohockeyleague.com, www.lhjmq.qc.ca, and www.whl.ca for the scoring leaders for each league.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Don't worry leafs are realy bad and have dumped a lot of players
    Leafs won'twin many more games

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think once you get bye the 5th pick its anyones guess where they end up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: If Bruins pick 4th or later then who?:
    In Response to Who do you like for the second pick?
    Posted by bim09

It really depends who is picking but I'm pretty sure it will be Seguin.  The right team might go with Fowler.  For us, I would take Seguin as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

None of these D do it for me, if they cannot score at a point per game in junior, I don't want them to be drafted as a puck moving d with no freakin upside, we have enough of that. Burmistrov maybe but I would not draft a KHL player until I absolutely knew for sure he would play here.

We need scoring and a half a point a game d in junior is not going to get us what we need.

I would skip half of what they have plugged and go right to the scorer in Skinner, he may be smaller than most but he has more goals than anyone to be picked and he keeps on scoring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

You do know that the bottom ( top ) five in the draft go into the Lottery...still conceivable the Bruins can still get top pick in the draft if the balls drop favourably..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to Re: If Bruins pick 4th or later then who?:
    It really depends who is picking but I'm pretty sure it will be Seguin.  The right team might go with Fowler.  For us, I would take Seguin as well.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

No, I meant our second pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yeah Dusty, slurred my sentences together, Burmy is the only Forward playing full time no injuries with more than a point a game ahead of Skinner and Skinner is at a 1.5 point per game pace with 50 Goals.

I would not discount him before these others, he is producing.

Just like 1st overall pick, I don't think you can go wrong with either Hall or Seguin, but Seguin keeps lingering in my mind as the possible better potential.

They are all being drafted as 18 year olds, but for playing years both Fowler and Hall were born in 91 and Seg is in 92. This is only a couple of months difference in age but it is a complete Minor Hockey playing year and you put Seg's numbers against Halls last year and it is 10 Goals and 15 points more and all playing with a not so talented team. Though this also means that Hall has a whole year of Hockey knowledge and smarts.

Can't Wait.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Erik Gudbranson, hes a young pronger and a good one to be

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Skinner ranked 18th,,could be a bruin ..