If Cammalleri was a Bruin; okay with one game suspension?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?

In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?:
    The NHL release only says "a slashing incident". http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=539489 Unfortunately, RM87 has one thing right - the league can't suspend a player for "almost".  This suspension is for the slash to the leg, most likely; if he'd connected on the swing that almost hit him in the head I'm guessing it would have been longer, maybe 3-4 games.
    Posted by DrCC

Not true at all during the 80ies Mark Messier was suspended for 10 games because he swung his stick over the net at a player behind the net.  No contact was made but becuase it looked vicious he got 10 games.  That was before we had someone as unless as Colon Campbell in charge of NHL disipline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Simple minded, ad homineum attacks ain't going to cut it here, folks... The people who claim to be Habs' fans here need to explain to me how a blindsided elbow to the head in a meaningless preseason game delivered by a rookie scrub against one of the Habs' stars has become something that we, the fans, are supposed to willingly tolerate...  This is exactly how the Matt Cooke's of this League get away with what they get away with... Nino will get his one day...
    Posted by RMiller87

1) Fans don't have a say in what is or is not "tolerated" on the ice. Fans are irrelevant to this whole situation. What a guy who sits in the seats or watches on TV may think about the incident matters not at all. Mike Cammalleri chose his response without regard to the fans.

2) Bringing up Matt Cooke as an analogy would have destroyed any remaining credibility, had you any. The two situations have nothing at all in common except that a) they happened during a hockey game, b) two players made contact and c) both players are carbon-based life forms.

3) If you see a "blind-sided elbow in the head", your Habs-myopia is even more acute than it originally appeared. Don't bother seeing a doctor; clearly you're an incurable case.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : 1) Fans don't have a say in what is or is not "tolerated" on the ice. Fans are irrelevant to this whole situation. What a guy who sits in the seats or watches on TV may think about the incident matters not at all. Mike Cammalleri chose his response without regard to the fans. 2) Bringing up Matt Cooke as an analogy would have destroyed any remaining credibility, had you any. The two situations have nothing at all in common except that a) they happened during a hockey game, b) two players made contact and c) both players are carbon-based life forms. 3) If you see a "blind-sided elbow in the head", your Habs-myopia is even more acute than it originally appeared. Don't bother seeing a doctor; clearly you're an incurable case.
    Posted by Kennedy97

You claim to be a Habs' fan...

But you are clearly a Bruins' fan masquerading as a Habs' fan from your comments since you obviously know next to nothing about the Habs...

If Jacques Martin says that the Habs' best player was hit from a blindside and the video supports that, I don't doubt that...

If a rookie scrub hits a Habs' star with a dirty hit in a meaningless game, he pays the price...

If you were a Habs' fan, you would know this stuff... 

Enjoy your conversation with your Hab hating friends here, Bruins' fan...

Good riddance !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

And where does a Bruins' fan like you masquerading as a Habs' fan get off questioning my credibility as a Habs' fan ?

You sit there, nodding your head in agreement when your creepy buddies regularly express such trollish statement as:

"Jacques Martin lied."

"Less Canadiens where dive divas grow."

People like me are regularly called "Scab fans" and the Habs' best player is called a "diver artist scab."

Accrochez votre tete if you are truly a Habs' fan !

Otherwise, take down your Maurice Richard photo and put up a Cam Neely one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77ray77. Show 77ray77's posts

wow , RMiller87 you are some kinda idiot, you sound like a typical scab fan , meaning you know sh+t about the game, yet your nickname suggests your a buffalo fan (hahahahahahaha) and it seems you were spouting off before that series in the spring about how the greatest goalie in the world would handle the bruins , we know how that worked out for ya, so then you tried to pass yourself off as a bruin fan, what a joke that was, and now you just post a whole lot of really stupid comments, which is what makes you sound like a scab fan or leaf fan , take your pick, anyways why dont you do it somewhere else, i cant handle much more of your stupidity, oh yeah and figure out which team is really the one you like hahahaha

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think RMiller loves this whole thing because he gets all this attention like he craves for being the token Hab guy on the Bruins board.

Trouble is, you're picking the wrong fight, and seriously, you're just coming off as whiney homer...which is kind of boring for deliberate pest like you.

I like Cammalleri (although I hate the Habs), but what was he thinking??  I agree that the slash to the calf wasn't such a big deal, but the first stick swing to Nino's neck was the bad one.  How can anyone defend that??  Any stick swing above the waist should be an automatic suspension -- don't care who the team is.

Prophylaxis...?  C'mon now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

You see, Kennedy... Unlike you, I don't want to be friends with people that call me and my people, "Scab fans..." Hey, it's not our fault that you guys went 3-0, 3-0, uh-oh, cannot score and have crappy ownership... It's not our fault that you haven't seen a championship year for 38 years and counting... Oh wait, scratch that last one... Maybe, it is ! Even though you, guys, cannot get your hands on big Stanley, you can still get your hands on your little woodies...
    Posted by RMiller87

Keep acting like a child...it makes it easier for everyone to stereotype Habs fans...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Who cares what most Bruin fans think, really ?

Next to the Leafs, they are the longest running losers in hockey with no Stanley in 38 years and counting...

What I don't get here is why some of these losers are calling the Habs' best player, "a diver artist scab" saying that an innocent slash to a punk's ankle is worth a "6 game suspension" and saying "Jacques Martin lied" about the blindside, high hit that prompted the reaction.

As I said earlier, Cammy got a one game suspension that he didn't deserve, but it's only against the Leafs.

It is what it is ! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Don't get me wrong...

As a Habs' fan, I appreciate your bizarre fascination with the most winning franchise in the history of hockey...

But for Gawd's sake, talk about your own team or something that you remotely know something about once in awhile...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

Don't get me wrong... As a Habs' fan, I appreciate your bizarre fascination with the most winning franchise in the history of hockey...
    Posted by RMiller87

Who has the facination with who? You're the one on a Bruins board. You obviously care what we think, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

RMiller87 -- I don't go on the Habs board because I know the comments would annoy me. Why come here and repeat the same comments 50 times. We get your drift so just go away. If not -- could you please post your picture -- Webster's is updating and needs a picture to put next to the definition of "Stooge of Society". Richard Skull's like you are the reason why millions of fans throughout the entire NHL can't stand your team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Who has the facination with who? You're the one on a Bruins board. You obviously care what we think, otherwise you wouldn't be here.
    Posted by UCONN

Believe it or not, Hab fans generally don't talk about the Bruins because frankly, we kind of feel sorry for them.

But the Boston Globe made this my business when they introduced this thread because Cammalleri plays for the Habs, and I feel that if Campbell is going to let this head shot sh!te go on, the players will have to take matters into their own hands in dealing with it as Cammy did ...

Cammalleri is not a Bruin, and the League gave him a one game suspension...

The question of this thread is moot !

So, I don't really care what Bruin fans think about it... 

Stick to discussions about your team, and we'll stick to ours...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

RMiller87 -- I don't go on the Habs board because I know the comments would annoy me. Why come here and repeat the same comments 50 times. We get your drift so just go away. If not -- could you please post your picture -- Webster's is updating and needs a picture to put next to the definition of "Stooge of Society". Richard Skull's like you are the reason why millions of fans throughout the entire NHL can't stand your team.
    Posted by zamboni24

No, the reason that millions cannot stand my team is because we have won 24 Stanley Cups.

We're the New York Yankees of hockey !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Great White Buffalo
    Great White Buffalo
    Great White Buffalo
    Great White Buffalo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Sticks and stones
    Sticks and stones
    Sticks and stones
    Sticks and stones

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

So, did you, folks, give any more thought to my question about getting rid of the salary cap ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would never call Kennedy a Scab cause he doesn't spout hatred or give out misinformation. Much like LoveRealHockey Kennedy comes here to talk hockey which is classy unlike what you do...as you have no class at all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

once again a thread about the Canadiens is one of the biggest this week...
    means a lot...smells like jealousy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If you Hab fans are so desperate for attention, why don't you go on the Expos boards...er I mean the Montreal football team...er I mean your basketball team...er oh yeah, that second rate city can only support one team. 

No wonder you guys are so obsessed with Boston.  I have to say though, your inferiority complex is getting a little boring around these parts.  Time to get a life fellahs -- I'm sorry things are so boring in Montreal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Biggest Bruins thread of the week ?

I am telling you these Black and Gold guys are almost obsessed by the most winning and storied hockey franchise of all time...

Sniff...  Sniff...

Yup, that's the distinct smell of jealousy... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

If you Hab fans are so desperate for attention, why don't you go on the Expos boards...er I mean the Montreal football team...er I mean your basketball team...er oh yeah, that second rate city can only support one team.  No wonder you guys are so obsessed with Boston.  I have to say though, your inferiority complex is getting a little boring around these parts.  Time to get a life fellahs -- I'm sorry things are so boring in Montreal.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Montreal is one of the most exciting city and diverse city in North America...

But back to reality here, Fletch !

Cammelleri is not a Bruin...

Despite this being the most popular Bruins thread of all time, the question onthis thread is completely moot !

It's not even grammatically correct...

Tell whoever starts these silly Boston Globe threads to stop fantasizing about this possibility....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I would never call Kennedy a Scab cause he doesn't spout hatred or give out misinformation. Much like LoveRealHockey Kennedy comes here to talk hockey which is classy unlike what you do...as you have no class at all.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

As usual, Dawg has his Bruins jammies on and his Black and Gold knickers all in a knot...

It's really not "classy" to call the fans of the most winning hockey franchise of all time, "Scab fans," Dawg ! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You simply don't know the difference between yourself and Kennedy n LRH. Your response is true to you a classless, clueless child.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

once again a thread about the Canadiens is one of the biggest this week... means a lot...smells like jealousy
    Posted by Kordic

Love the colour photo of the Stanley Cup ring...

Nice touch !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

You simply don't know the difference between yourself and Kennedy n LRH. Your response is true to you a classless, clueless child.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

http://barenaked.dnsalias.net:8080/images/god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg

Sections
Shortcuts