If Cammalleri was a Bruin; okay with one game suspension?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If Cammalleri was a Bruin; okay with one game suspension?

I love how some Hab fans don't see the double standard here.
    On TSN site the Hab fans condoned what he did and said he does not deserve 1 game suspension. 
    Not only do I feel he deserve 3 games (repeat offender with his stick and other cheap shots aka punch to Havlat in playoffs 2 seasons ago) but if a Bruin would act like this definitely deserves 3game suspension. It's not so much the slash to the ankles,  it's the montage ; 1- swinging the stick to his neck 2- cross checking and 3- the finally the slash behind the kids ankle.

See for yourselves:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3bqxNiJSo">www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3bqxNiJSo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?

If Cammalleri had scratched Niederreiter's eye he should have gotten a bigger suspension. Niederreiter is a punk but Cammalleri is a veteran and needs to watch his stick when retaliating.

You know with Niederreiter's attitude he could be the next Tikkanen or Kasparaitis straight up euro agitator he's already got the dive down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?:
    [QUOTE]If Cammalleri had scratched Niederreiter's eye he should have gotten a bigger suspension. Niederreiter is a punk but Cammalleri is a veteran and needs to watch his stick when retaliating. You know with Niederreiter's attitude he could be the next Tikkanen or Kasparaitis straight up euro agitator he's already got the dive down.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Maybe,  I don't know him well enough. He was their 5th pick overall. 
    Cammelleri is no saint, if he was a man he drops the gloves and if the kid turtles pull a Neely on him. Just don't go swinging the stick like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Niederreiter did not deserve a swing of the stick at his face.  Cammelleri is a better player than that, but again he is now playing for Less Canadien!  Where dive divas grow!  Niederreiter did fold pretty slowly on the slash nonetheless.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If Cammalleri was a Bruins he would have got atleast 3 games for that.  I am so glad we have Campbell's son on the team and he will no longer be handing out suspensions against us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Once again, Campbell has chance to set a presendence for the new season & FAILS! The NHL allows an attempt to slice somebody's throat, but no one is allowed to beat the living tar out of MC, or they get a possible kicked out of the game, a suspension & a possible fine! Cammalleri is the one who's turning into a little weasel! Yet the league protects the players who pull this..Time after time! Sandog at least Ticks & Kasper would drop the gloves! You wouldn't see this little punk not Cammy, but Tammy dropping his! He's the one that's acting more like the European. Not Niederreiter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Got some scoop on this Nino kid,  he was put in Saturdays game as a test, no other big names were in.  He had something to prove and played hard.
    He hit Cammalleri with a solid hit from the side but no head hunting there, even the Montreal media has said it was a clean it, Cammalleri did not like being hit by an 18 year old in a game that Montreal was doninating.
    Bottom line he was wrong and lucky he just got one game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?:
    [QUOTE]I love how some Hab fans don't see the double standard here. On TSN site the Hab fans condoned what he did and said he does not deserve 1 game suspension.  Not only do I feel he deserve 3 games (repeat offender with his stick and other cheap shots aka punch to Havlat in playoffs 2 seasons ago) but if a Bruin would act like this definitely deserves 3game suspension. It's not so much the slash to the ankles,  it's the montage ; 1- swinging the stick to his neck 2- cross checking and 3- the finally the slash behind the kids ankle. See for yourselves: www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3bqxNiJSo " /> www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3bqxNiJSo
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Just had a look at the youtube post. Cammalleri is lucky he is a Hab. That was disgusting!

If that was a Bruin: easy 6 game suspension. Three for the slash to the face, and three for the slash to the back of the ankles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Many of you must have missed the high blind sided hit that Neiderreiter attempted to throw at Cammalleri in a meaningless game just prior to this incident...

Hmmm....  I seem to remember a certain fanbase reacting angrily about certain punks throwing blindsided, high hits against teams' stars... 

I know that daddy's little boy plays for the Bruins, now...

A little slash to the ankle to a punk doesn't deserve a three game suspension while a head shot that knocks a player unconscious gets nothing...

Don't be hypocrites !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Maybe,  I don't know him well enough. He was their 5th pick overall.  Cammelleri is no saint, if he was a man he drops the gloves and if the kid turtles pull a Neely on him. Just don't go swinging the stick like that.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Watch the incident before you spout off...

Cammalleri tried to get the jerk to drop the gloves, but the Eurosoccer diver wouldn't go...

His dive after the slash was pathetic, and his pulicly declared post-game wish that his own injury was "serious" was moronic... 

This punk is going to have a very short shelf live if he keeps this running at stars crap up...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Many of you must have missed the high blind sided hit that Neiderreiter attempted to throw at Cammalleri in a meaningless game just prior to this incident... Hmmm....  I seem to remember a certain fanbase reacting angrily about certain punks throwing blindsided, high hits against teams' stars...  I know that daddy's little boy plays for the Bruins, now... A little slash to the ankle to a punk doesn't deserve a three game suspension while a head shot that knocks a player unconscious gets nothing... Don't be hypocrites !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true Scabs fan.  It funny that the Montreal media said the hit by Niederryder was a clean shoulder to shoulder hit, yet your on hear claiming a head shot like a typical Scabs fan.

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=260136776213&id=f6e6ade5f63ed22c7e4ea0513f557b1c&index=ch1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

And you're the typical Boons fan claiming that a Hab should be penalized for three games just because someone other than a Hab fell down on account of a little slash to the ankle...

You think that Cooke's hit deserved nothing, but a slash to the ankle deserved three games ?

Cammelleri deserved the 5 minute major and the gate for this -- no more, no less...

If your boyfriend, Nino, really wants a "serious" injury as he seems to claim, I believe that the Habs still have Georges Laraque under contract...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

"The incident followed what Habs coach, Jacques Martin, called a blindside hit by Niederreiter on Cammelleri."

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/10/04/15577736.html

Why don't you, guys, just talk about your own team, and stick to a subject that you might remotely know anything about ?

Hypocrites !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The trolls with these comments about wanting a six game suspension are obvious trolls who don't really deserve a response...

Just because you, guys, have daddy's little boy on your team doesn't mean you make the rules around here...

Colin Campbell is an idiot !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

oh,come on !!!that is so childish,of course Cammalleri deserve more than a game (3 max.) but he didnt get that, not because he's a Canadiens but mostly because he's a NHL-star and EVERYONE knows ,stars dont get punished as goons or new kids....
    you're so bias by your hate for the habs its not even funny anymore.
    poor bruins everyone hates you and everytime you should get the hand on the big Stanley someone else is stealing it from you...
    c'mon be real men and fight for your team instead of whinning about every other team!godamn it, its NHL not Stars on Ice!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Looks like a case of 'roid rage.

The league should demand that he submit a blood sample before the the season starts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

No, Cammelleri didn't deserve anything more than the major penalty and the gate...

Try to understand this...

No professional sports league can allow rookies to be taking runs at League stars especially in meaningless preseason games...

If the Habs just dressed a rookie to go and take out Seguin in next year's preseason, think how all of these Hab hating Bruin fans would howl...

But if they're OK with this...

Mike just did what he had to do to teach this Eurosoccer diving punk his lesson...

No worries it's only the Leafs game that he'll miss...  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]"The incident followed what Habs coach, Jacques Martin, called a blindside hit by Niederreiter on Cammelleri." http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/10/04/15577736.html Why don't you, guys, just talk about your own team, and stick to a subject that you might remotely know anything about ? Hypocrites !

Maybe your new to hockey, but fyi, NHL coaches will ALWAYS say anything in order to protect their players.
    What would you expect Martin to say? He could not defend what Cammalleri did, so he had to give him an excuse.
    Also, if what the people talk about on this board bothers you so much, please feel free to stop coming to this site.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Now, you are accusing the Habs' coach of lying too ?

Wow, how low can you go ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]oh,come on !!!that is so childish,of course Cammalleri deserve more than a game (3 max.) but he didnt get that, not because he's a Canadiens but mostly because he's a NHL-star and EVERYONE knows ,stars dont get punished as goons or new kids.... you're so bias by your hate for the habs its not even funny anymore. poor bruins everyone hates you and everytime you should get the hand on the big Stanley someone else is stealing it from you... c'mon be real men and fight for your team instead of whinning about every other team!godamn it, its NHL not Stars on Ice!
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

Generally agree, but no professional sports League can allow their stars to be run at by scrubs in the pre-season that aren't even on the team's roster... 

BTW When did the Bruins last "get the hand on the big Stanley"...

It was sooooooo long ago that I have forgotten...

I really wonder if the Bruin fans misplace their anger towards the Habs because their own playoff coaching is poor, ownership is cheap, team cannot score and it's been so long for them... 

If you know what I mean... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Cammalleri doesn't have to feel bad for what he did to this Euro-diver...

I support him 100% here...

Someone's gotta teach these punks that would run a star with a high, blind sided hit a lesson - especially in the preseason...

Gawd knows and experience shows that Campbell isn't going to take that task on... 

Campbell has become a joke !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Now, you are accusing the Habs' coach of lying too ? Wow, how low can you go ?
       Yeah, your right. No NHL coach has ever lied about anything.
    I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever even watched a hockey game.
       I guess your calling all the reporters that said Neideriter's hit was from the front, and shoulder to shoulder, are all liars?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

RMiller, you have to be the biggest homer I've ever seen, how can you honestly say that 1 game is too much. Napolean took an intentional swing at the kids face and he's what? 6inches shorter that's him swinging his stick up around his head. that's never a good sight anybody remember Mcsorley. come on now thats deserves a suspension and he's lucky he only got 1 game, chasing the kid around the ice whacking any part of him the little punk can hit.
    Of course the coach is going to stick up for his star player when he knows that player helps him keep his job. How would you have felt if neideriter ran across the ice took a shot at him when the puck is no where in sight then trys to slash him in the face, chasing him around some more before 2 handing him in the back of the leg? you'd be asking for his head and don't bs and say it would be fine.
    of course the kids gonna fold up like a cheep suit he learned it from watching the montreal "greats" over the years
    anybody catch the "brawl" at the end that montreal started then all just starting turtling in true scab fashion, ah priceless

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kordic, not sure you were referring to me ,  it's not hate. I'm saying if it was a player from the team I follow (Bruins) I would have said deserved 3 games for hunting the kid down. 
    All the media said it was a clean hit, it's Cammalleri that over reacted.
    This does not compare to what Cooke did on Savvy as he lifted his his arm to catch Savvy on the side of the head. 
    It's just violent acts that are not needed as there were many children in those stands Saturday nite (and I hope the parents made them understand how swinging a stick is wrong) and just not the message you want to give.  The slash behind the leg (dive or no dive) happens all the time and sometimes is a reaction to something the other player did none-the-less you cannot condone it ,  it's just all his actions (elbow, spear, crosscheck,slash) that were worthy of a suspension. 
    I remember Chara ,  that never dives ,  get a slash like that in the playoffs against Canes a few years back.  It hurts like hell and no matter how strong you are you will go down.
    The majority of Hab fans (not all) on other boards saying that the kid did a Euro dive etc..should look no further than their own team , Lapierre and the next coming PK Suban, altough I'm sure he's a good kid and someone will tell him to act accordingly, I hope.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

There is no "lets help Montreal" conspiracy in the league office.

When the league makes bad decisions, it's because they have people in positions of power who have never been held accountable for consistency and logic.

I think Cammy's suspension is about 1 to 3 games too light. Tomahawking shouldn't be condoned by 1st nor 4th liners.