If Cammalleri was a Bruin; okay with one game suspension?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?

In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?:
    [QUOTE]"The incident followed what Habs coach, Jacques Martin, called a blindside hit by Niederreiter on Cammelleri." http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/10/04/15577736.html Why don't you, guys, just talk about your own team, and stick to a subject that you might remotely know anything about ? Hypocrites !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

You are telling B's fans to stick to talking about their own team while you, a Scabs fan, are trolling on this board constantly commenting on the Bruins? You have added HYPOCRITE to your resume along with idiot and moron.

And yes, Jaques Martin lied. There was no blind side hit.

Just go away already. Troll the leafs or something, will ya?. Your act is ridiculous and has grown tiresome.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]. The majority of Hab fans (not all) on other boards saying that the kid did a Euro dive etc..should look no further than their own team , Lapierre and the next coming PK Suban, altough I'm sure he's a good kid and someone will tell him to act accordingly, I hope.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Many fans on chat boards are blind homers, though--be it a Habs, Leafs, Bruins or board of any other team with a serious fanbase.. Not everyone is, but most are, and you have to take their comments with a grain of salt. The ones who can be objective can be identified pretty quickly once you get to writing and commenting back and forth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Watch the incident before you spout off... Cammalleri tried to get the jerk to drop the gloves, but the Eurosoccer diver wouldn't go... His dive after the slash was pathetic, and his pulicly declared post-game wish that his own injury was "serious" was moronic...  This punk is going to have a very short shelf live if he keeps this running at stars crap up...

The only reason Cammy...I mean Tammy wanted Nieds to drop the gloves was to do his nails! MC is a cheapshot artist & he's no star! He's a little fairy & only brave with his stick! He's the one that's going to get it! And when it happens I'll be first to want to shake the guys hand!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Many fans on chat boards are blind homers, though--be it a Habs, Leafs, Bruins or board of any other team with a serious fanbase.. Not everyone is, but most are, and you have to take their comments with a grain of salt. The ones who can be objective can be identified pretty quickly once you get to writing and commenting back and forth.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nites,  just ignore.  Not like he's listening to what you say,  just trying to get a rise out of other fans on this board.   When and if he/she comments  intelligently will ignoring stop,  then even if not a fan of the same team we can discuss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]"The incident followed what Habs coach, Jacques Martin, called a blindside hit by Niederreiter on Cammelleri." http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hockey/2010/10/04/15577736.html Why don't you, guys, just talk about your own team, and stick to a subject that you might remotely know anything about ? Hypocrites !

Why dont you talk about your team some where else like the Habs boards. He deserved a game, end of story. Coaches do often defend their players, who would of thought.

ole ole is that a Euro Chant?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

i wasnt talking about someone but, mostly about everyone here(about the Canadiens who doesnt get punished enough),of course most of you are true B's fans wich i dont have problem with(better to be fan of one of the O-6 than Blue Jacket and/or any "new" team that never sold out not even in playoff)
    but my main point here is ;Cammalleri didnt get what he deserve not because he's a Canadiens but because he's a NHL Superstar! if Laraque, or any Bruins enforcer would have done that,they would have been use as an exemple.
    as a Canadiens fan and a NHL fan i think its $uck,now imagine if it was Avery who would have done that....5 game for sure!even if i dont like him much Avery is one of the best pest ever...(still ,Claude Lemieux was the best!)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I like to think I'm open minded, I only saw the retaliation so I will reserve judgement.

1 game sounds consistent to me, tho.  How many did whatsisname get for drilling Bergeron?  That was 3 games, right?

Not that these punishments are correct, but they seem consistent.  Killing someone would probably be 10 games, crippling someone permanently would probably be 5 games, 3 games for putting someone out for the season, and 1 game for everything else, and no suspension unless the penalty is clear, blatant, called by the refs on the spot, example:  elbowing, arm must be parallel to the ice, player must lead with elbow at least 2 strides in advance of hitting the player and must be within 6 feet of the ref.

Anybody got any video clips of this alleged high hit?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? :    Yeah, your right. No NHL coach has ever lied about anything. I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever even watched a hockey game.    I guess your calling all the reporters that said Neideriter's hit was from the front, and shoulder to shoulder, are all liars?
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

That was reported by the media...  'Nuff said.

Martin has it right.  Neideriter's was a high, blindsided hit -- the kind that the League says that they intended to crack down on after Cooke took out Savard.

We'll take the penalty, game misconduct but let's not pretend that what Cammalleri did was the worthy of a suspension because considering what the NHL has let go lately, it clearly wasn't.

You, guys, will learn what a diver and punk that Nino is someday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]There is no "lets help Montreal" conspiracy in the league office. When the league makes bad decisions, it's because they have people in positions of power who have never been held accountable for consistency and logic. I think Cammy's suspension is about 1 to 3 games too light. Tomahawking shouldn't be condoned by 1st nor 4th liners.

Quite the contrary, daddy's boy plays for the Bruins.

Rookie scrubs running star players is what should never be condoned.

Enjoy being a Hab hating, Bruins fan !  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Quite the contrary, daddy's boy plays for the Bruins. Rookie scrubs running star players is what should never be condoned. Enjoy being a Hab hating, Bruins fan !  

Most of us don't truly "hate" the Scabs...But I would say most of us do hate you! lol

By the way....what on earth does Greg campbell playing for the Bruins have to do with what happens to Cammalleri for his cheap shot? Let me answer that for you as you probably don't understand the question. The answer is NOTHING.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Most of us don't truly "hate" the Scabs...But I would say most of us do hate you! lol By the way....what on earth does Greg campbell playing for the Bruins have to do with what happens to Cammalleri for his cheap shot? Let me answer that for you as you probably don't understand the question. The answer is NOTHING.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Good, Bruin fans hate me.  Love it !

Bring the hate, Bruin fans !

But answer my question...

Why are you even defending this diving punk, Nino ?

Someday, he'll do the same thing to one of your stars that he tried to do to ours, and Campbell (AKA "The Moron") will only punish the retaliation...

Cammy looked like he wanted to go after the blindsided hit, but this jerk went all Swiss and just kept skating away like he had done nothing...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Quite the contrary, daddy's boy plays for the Bruins. Rookie scrubs running star players is what should never be condoned. Enjoy being a Hab hating, Bruins fan !  
    So there is a hierarchy as to what is or is not acceptable based on a player's worth to a team and experience in the NHL?

That's idiotic.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]i wasnt talking about someone but, mostly about everyone here(about the Canadiens who doesnt get punished enough),of course most of you are true B's fans wich i dont have problem with(better to be fan of one of the O-6 than Blue Jacket and/or any "new" team that never sold out not even in playoff) but my main point here is ;Cammalleri didnt get what he deserve not because he's a Canadiensbut because he's a NHL Superstar! if Laraque, or any Bruins enforcer would have done that,they would have been use as an exemple. as a Canadiens fan and a NHL fan i think its $uck,now imagine if it was Avery who would have done that....5 game for sure!even if i dont like him much Avery is one of the best pest ever...(still ,Claude Lemieux was the best!)
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

Correct,  I don't find there is special treatment for Habs right now .  Collin Campbell's reasons is what gets all hockey fans frustrated.

BTW,  this for fans saying that he dove,  the kid never returned that game I guess he wasn't faking it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

These high, blindsided hits of Nino's are the sorts of incidents that put players out of hockey, and need to be cracked down upon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsi_fx3DtJw

But Campbell actually thinks that a slash to the ankle is worthy of a suspension.

What a moron !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Correct,  I don't find there is special treatment for Habs right now .  Collin Campbell's reasons is what gets all hockey fans frustrated. BTW,  this for fans saying that he dove,  the kid never returned that game I guess he wasn't faking it.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

He likely bruised his knee from his dive onto the ice.

After the game, this idiot actually told the media that he wished his own injury was serious.

What kind of clown wishes that their own injury is serious ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Seemed like a pretty legit Les Habitantes way of handling the situation. Bigger, Stronger guy takes a run at you? Hunt him down when the puck is nowhere near you, shove him, Throw out a lil Cap'n Hook McKraken slash to the eyeball, then take a slash to the back of his knee. Stay classy montreal!!

Oh and Niederieter probably didnt dive I bet that slash hurt but if the league gave out 6games suspensions to every vet who slashed a rook for some reason about 1/2 the league would be suspended. The 2nd slash didnt look to brutal id Say maybe toss him from the game but the eyeball hook that should be the 1-2 game suspension. Even if  B did that id say it was stupid and he should cool off for 1-2 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : So there is a hierarchy as to what is or is not acceptable based on a player's worth to a team and experience in the NHL? That's idiotic.

That's reality.

Nino doesn't throw that kinda hit on Crosby or Ovechkin without very serious consequences.

Why should he get a green light to hit the Habs' star ? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

[QUOTE]i wasnt talking about someone but, mostly about everyone here(about the Canadiens who doesnt get punished enough),of course most of you are true B's fans wich i dont have problem with(better to be fan of one of the O-6 than Blue Jacket and/or any "new" team that never sold out not even in playoff) but my main point here is ;Cammalleri didnt get what he deserve not because he's a Canadiens but because he's a NHL Superstar! if Laraque, or any Bruins enforcer would have done that,they would have been use as an exemple. as a Canadiens fan and a NHL fan i think its $uck,now imagine if it was Avery who would have done that....5 game for sure!even if i dont like him much Avery is one of the best pest ever...(still ,Claude Lemieux was the best!)
    Posted by Kordic[/QUOTE]

Kordic, you raise a very valid and unfortunate point.  This special treatment of star players really came along when Bettman took office and brought along his NBA philosophy of 'Sell the stars, not the team'.  It has become ingrained into so many facets of the game and is especially disgusting whenever supplementary discipline is handed out, with one set of rules for stars and a different set of rules for the grunts.

There's many things that irk me about Bettman, but his implementation of this attitude is one of the most offensive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsi_fx3DtJw

Let's review for the slower learners.

Blindsided hits to the head are dangerous, slashes on the ankle are not.

One deserves severe punishment from League officials, the other deserves a slap on the wrist (major and the gate.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : That's reality. Nino doesn't throw that kinda hit on Crosby or Ovechkin without very serious consequences. Why should he get a green light to hit the Habs' star ? 

What reality are you talking about? "Serious consequences" perhaps...had Cammy chased him down and dropped the gloves, fine. Had another Hab player done that, fine as well. But Crosby or Alex getting away with tomahawking a player who gives him a borderline hit wouldn't be tolerated.

Take off your Habs-coloured glasses. Had Maxim Lapierre done the SAME THING to Patrice Bergeron and Bergeron responded the same way as Cammy, I have no doubt that you would be calling for a suspension (and I suspect be complaining that the league was too lenient due to nepotism on the part of the league office that "favours the Bruins".)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]These high, blindsided hits of Nino's are the sorts of incidents that put players out of hockey, and need to be cracked down upon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsi_fx3DtJw But Campbell actually thinks that a slash to the ankle is worthy of a suspension. What a moron !

I suppose a stick to the face is okay in your book.

Also, the hit you posted was at half speed, shoulder to shoulder and if Cammalleri wasn't a dive artist scab he wouldn't have even gone down.

Honestly, why do you exist?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : What reality are you talking about? "Serious consequences" perhaps...had Cammy chased him down and dropped the gloves, fine. Had another Hab player done that, fine as well. But Crosby or Alex getting away with tomahawking a player who gives him a borderline hit wouldn't be tolerated. Take off your Habs-coloured glasses. Had Maxim Lapierre done the SAME THING to Patrice Bergeron and Bergeron responded the same way, I have no doubt that you would be calling for a suspension (and I suspect be complaining that the league was too lenient due to nepotism on the part of the league office that "favours the Bruins".)

It was a little slash on the ankle.

I would not and have never condoned a high, blindsided hit like that one of Nino's. 

Cammy did chase him down, and the guy wouldn't drop the gloves.

He went all Swiss and just kept skating away.

Take off your Hab hating glasses and watch the video before commenting, further.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : I suppose a stick to the face is okay in your book. Also, the hit you posted was at half speed, shoulder to shoulder and if Cammalleri wasn't a dive artist scab he wouldn't have even gone down. Honestly, why do you exist?

Don't be a moron. Cammalleri wasn't diving, and it wasn't "half-speed".

It was a borderline hit (to me more on the "hard-but-fair" side of the border) but don't be the Bruins version of RMiller and try to make it sound like the hit was soft and Cammy was faking. If you believe that, I have some gumdrops to sell you; they can be used to build a fence on your unicorn farm.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : I suppose a stick to the face is okay in your book. Also, the hit you posted was at half speed, shoulder to shoulder and if Cammalleri wasn't a dive artist scab he wouldn't have even gone down. Honestly, why do you exist?

Now, you are just trolling.

Shoulder to shoulder -- BS !

It was an elbow to the head.

Cammalleri "a dive artist scab."

More BS !

Defend Nino's high blindsided hits at your own peril.

Someday, this may all come back to haunt the Bruins.