If Cammalleri was a Bruin; okay with one game suspension?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?

In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? Take off your Hab hating glasses and watch the video before commenting, further.
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Hey genius: I'm a Canadiens fan and have been for decades. Or did you think the Richard picture was just there for irony?

Right is right and wrong is wrong: they don't change due to the colour of the sweater.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Hey genius: I'm a Canadiens fan and have been for decades. Or did you think the Richard picture was just there for irony? Right is right and wrong is wrong: they don't change due to the colour of the sweater.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Well, if you had been a Habs' fan, you would know that we don't tolerate our stars being run at by other players -- especially rookie scrubs in meaningless games.

Players who do this have to pay the price for it.

Campbell punished the wrong guy, and let the other walk scot free. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Well, if you had been an idiotic, blind homer of a Habs' fan who has no ability to think objectively, you would know that we don't tolerate our stars being run at by other players -- especially rookie scrubs in meaningless games. Players who do this have to pay the price for it. Campbell punished the wrong guy, and let the other walk scot free. 

Fixed your post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Don't be a moron. Cammalleri wasn't diving, and it wasn't "half-speed". It was a borderline hit (to me more on the "hard-but-fair" side of the border) but don't be the Bruins version of RMiller and try to make it sound like the hit was soft and Cammy was faking. If you believe that, I have some gumdrops to sell you; they can be used to build a fence on your unicorn farm.

Just making the point that your brother RMiller (IQ-87) is being ridiculous calling that a cheap high blind side hit (he has even blown it up to include an elbow now). It just wasn't that hard of a hit even if it was borderline as you say. I don;t disagree.
    Don't get your panties in a twist over a response to that dimwit. You are smarter than that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Fixed your post.

That's complete nonsense, and you know it.

You are smarter than that.

An elbow to the head from a blindside is a dangerous infraction worthy of a suspension, a little slash to the ankle is not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Fixed your post.

Nice! lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Hey genius: I'm a Canadiens fan and have been for decades. Or did you think the Richard picture was just there for irony? Right is right and wrong is wrong: they don't change due to the colour of the sweater.

You too smart for this.  BTW , Richard would have grabbed the kid and given him a beating ,  trying to hit a vet in an exhibition game !

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll">http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : You too smart for this.  BTW , Richard would have grabbed the kid and given him a beating ,  trying to hit a vet in an exhibition game !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

And that would have been fine. Richard also may have tomahawked the kid (and gotten suspended for 8 games by Clarence Campbell because he (Richard) was French-Canadian....err..... a habitual offender).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

C'mon, guys...

All of this Hab hating melodrama is getting ridiculous...

This punk was running around all night taking cheap shots at the Habs' stars (Gionta, Cammalleri and Plekanac), and he got a little whack on the ankle to remind him of his place in life...

His embellishment on the reaction made it appear to be much worse than it likely was...

But punks are punks, and high blindsided hits are far more dangerous than whacks on the ankle...

Anyways, it is what it is.

Cammalleri misses a game, but it's only against the Maple Leafs anyways.

It's been fun chatting with you. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon, guys... All of this Hab hating melodrama is getting ridiculous... This punk was running around all night taking cheap shots at the Habs' stars (Gionta, Cammalleri and Plekanac), and he got a little whack on the ankle to remind him of his place in life... His embellishment on the reaction made it appear to be much worse than it likely was... But punks are punks, and high blindsided hits are far more dangerous than whacks on the ankle... Anyways, it is what it is. Cammalleri misses a game, but it's only against the Maple Leafs anyways. It's been fun chatting with you. 

You consistently do NOT mention the attempted Eye-Gouge. That is actually dangerous and worthy of the gate and a 1game. You have to suspend MC there because the League needs to show it wont tolerate such conduct.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : You consistently do NOT mention the attempted Eye-Gouge. That is actually dangerous and worthy of the gate and a 1game. You have to suspend MC there because the League needs to show it wont tolerate such conduct.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

How can the League objectively penalize an "attempted" anything ?

2 minutes for attempting to trip...

5 minutes for attempting to fight...

That would give Campbell and League officials way too much flexibility to potentially influence the outcomes of games...

Does anyone really know if it was the slash or the stick jousting (that both players engaged in) that got Cammalleri the one game suspension here ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Officially, it was a high sticking call that earned Cammalleri the 5:00 minute major...

Also, pretty hard to "eye gouge" a guy who is wearing a visor...

Maybe, your words in that expression are a bit over-the-top ?

Personally, I would have preferred that Cammalleri calmly skated over to the bench after the high blindsided hit, tapped big Georges Laraque on the shoulder and said, "Georges, we have a problem here."

I still don't understand why we are paying the best enforcer in all of hockey to not play hockey.

Hab fans ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Fixed your post. Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

There is no fixing his posts but big props for trying to show the clueless the way. At some point miller will put his hands over his ears n start screaming.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : How can the League objectively penalize an "attempted" anything ? 2 minutes for attempting to trip... 5 minutes for attempting to fight... That would give Campbell and League officials way too much flexibility to potentially influence the outcomes of games... Does anyone really know if it was the slash or the stick jousting (that both players engaged in) that got Cammalleri the one game suspension here ?

Wow, your are homerrific huh?

Yes, attempting an eye gouge is alot like attempt to Injur(thats areal penalty). Its far different than attempting to fight or trip somebody neither of which can cause LOSS OF AN EYEBALL />

And you gotta be kidding me that its hard to get hit in the eye with a visor.... Have you ever played hockey? Its not hard at all to get a stick under the visor it happens all the time so that is a non-defense in this case.

In this case the Major High Stick is likely going to be tied to something that resulted in the suspension. Take off your blue and red C shaped glasses and just think objectionably for a second. Can the league allow any player to behave in the way CM did in that video tape. The answer is always No. One game is the perfect suspension and like you said its against the Queefs so why does it even matter. Just admit your precious les hab did something wrong and is serving time.

Im sure you werent defending Lucic when he got suspended vs the Habs in the playoffs 2 years ago were you?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The NHL release only says "a slashing incident".
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=539489
    Unfortunately, RM87 has one thing right - the league can't suspend a player for "almost".  This suspension is for the slash to the leg, most likely; if he'd connected on the swing that almost hit him in the head I'm guessing it would have been longer, maybe 3-4 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

And we have to leave it up to a Leaf fan to settle this once and for all (tic).

1. Nino Niederreiter isn't a saint.  I like his toughness, but I think many (non-Islander fans) will come to hate this player; he plays on the edge and borderline nasty at times.  Hit, itself, was boardline and crossed the line in terms of an exhibition game, against a skilled veteran like Cammalleri.  Shouldn't have done it.  Chalk it up to a rookie mistake.  Wouldn't have happened in Colton Orr was playing for the Habs.
    2. Cammalleri is not a dirty player generally, but the slash was! I think, sorry Hab fans, that the Habs seem to get the benefit of the doubt on calls and league sentences (except when Clarence Campbell was the commissioner.....LOL).  I think this called for a 3-gamer in IMHO
    3. Really glad that Cammalleri at least misses the opener against the Leafs.

Unrelated joke involving the bias of the Montreal Canadians.
    This takes place back in the 60's, game between the Montreal Canadians and Detroit Red Wings.
    The three stars were announced by the play-by-play guy (imagine a very thick french accent as he announces the stars of the game.

"1st star of the game goes to Jean Belliveau.  What a gentleman, what a player.  Skated effortlessly and generated many scoring chances."
    "2nd star of the game goes to Henri 'Pocket' Richard.  The 'pocket' was darting in and out of the offensive zone all night long and could have had a goal or two with a little more luck."

"Finally, the 3rd star of the game goes to Gordie Howe.  If he hadn't scored 4 goals we might have won the damn game"

Cheers

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Simple minded, ad homineum attacks ain't going to cut it here, folks...

The people who claim to be Habs' fans here need to explain to me how a blindsided elbow to the head in a meaningless preseason game delivered by a rookie scrub against one of the Habs' stars has become something that we, the fans, are supposed to willingly tolerate... 

This is exactly how the Matt Cooke's of this League get away with what they get away with...

Nino will get his one day...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]The NHL release only says "a slashing incident". http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=539489 Unfortunately, RM87 has one thing right - the league can't suspend a player for "almost".  This suspension is for the slash to the leg, most likely; if he'd connected on the swing that almost hit him in the head I'm guessing it would have been longer, maybe 3-4 games.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

So, the official call on the ice was "high sticking."

But the 1 game suspension was for "a slashing incident."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]And we have to leave it up to a Leaf fan to settle this once and for all (tic). 1. Nino Niederreiter isn't a saint.  I like his toughness, but I think many (non-Islander fans) will come to hate this player; he plays on the edge and borderline nasty at times.  Hit, itself, was boardline and crossed the line in terms of an exhibition game, against a skilled veteran like Cammalleri.  Shouldn't have done it.  Chalk it up to a rookie mistake.  Wouldn't have happened in Colton Orr was playing for the Habs. 2. Cammalleri is not a dirty player generally, but the slash was! I think, sorry Hab fans, that the Habs seem to get the benefit of the doubt on calls and league sentences (except when Clarence Campbell was the commissioner.....LOL).  I think this called for a 3-gamer in IMHO 3. Really glad that Cammalleri at least misses the opener against the Leafs. Unrelated joke involving the bias of the Montreal Canadians. This takes place back in the 60's, game between the Montreal Canadians and Detroit Red Wings. The three stars were announced by the play-by-play guy (imagine a very thick french accent as he announces the stars of the game. "1st star of the game goes to Jean Belliveau.  What a gentleman, what a player.  Skated effortlessly and generated many scoring chances." "2nd star of the game goes to Henri 'Pocket' Richard.  The 'pocket' was darting in and out of the offensive zone all night long and could have had a goal or two with a little more luck." "Finally, the 3rd star of the game goes to Gordie Howe.  If he hadn't scored 4 goals we might have won the damn game" Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't have likely happened if BGL was on the ice, either.

Why isn't he, I have to wonder ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]Simple minded, ad homineum attacks ain't going to cut it here, folks... The people who claim to be Habs' fans here need to explain to me how a blindsided elbow to the head in a meaningless preseason game delivered by a rookie scrub against one of the Habs' stars has become something that we, the fans, are supposed to willingly tolerate...  This is exactly how the Matt Cooke's of this League get away with what they get away with... Nino will get his one day...

I agree (not with the habs fans part) the League cannot allow blindside hits especially in PreSeason games. I for one dont think it matters what caliber of players are involved. I have not seen the Nino hit on Cam and never commented on it. But Cams actions are still deserving a suspension maybe nino's were dirty too. But hacking someone with your stick has never been a good way to show the refs that lol.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Wouldn't have likely happened if BGL was on the ice, either. Why isn't he, I have to wonder ?

BGL, as you call him, is a great fighter and a classy player. But the dude can't play. He's an awful hockey player. Just horrible.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : Thanks for the info. So, the official call on the ice was "high sticking." But the 1 game suspension was for "a slashing incident."
       I refuse to waste another minute of my life, trying to converse with a complete idiot.
    Thank goodness for the ignore feature.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : BGL, as you call him, is a great fighter and a classy player. But the dude can't play. He's an awful hockey player. Just horrible.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

No, he cannot.

But even sitting on the bench, he is certainly a great prophylaxis against twerps like Cooke and Nino.

He could still manage a few minutes in selected games, I bet. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]And we have to leave it up to a Leaf fan to settle this once and for all (tic). 1. Nino Niederreiter isn't a saint.  I like his toughness, but I think many (non-Islander fans) will come to hate this player; he plays on the edge and borderline nasty at times.  Hit, itself, was boardline and crossed the line in terms of an exhibition game, against a skilled veteran like Cammalleri.  Shouldn't have done it.  Chalk it up to a rookie mistake.  Wouldn't have happened in Colton Orr was playing for the Habs. 2. Cammalleri is not a dirty player generally, but the slash was! I think, sorry Hab fans, that the Habs seem to get the benefit of the doubt on calls and league sentences (except when Clarence Campbell was the commissioner.....LOL).  I think this called for a 3-gamer in IMHO 3. Really glad that Cammalleri at least misses the opener against the Leafs. Unrelated joke involving the bias of the Montreal Canadians. This takes place back in the 60's, game between the Montreal Canadians and Detroit Red Wings. The three stars were announced by the play-by-play guy (imagine a very thick french accent as he announces the stars of the game. "1st star of the game goes to Jean Belliveau.  What a gentleman, what a player.  Skated effortlessly and generated many scoring chances." "2nd star of the game goes to Henri 'Pocket' Richard.  The 'pocket' was darting in and out of the offensive zone all night long and could have had a goal or two with a little more luck." "Finally, the 3rd star of the game goes to Gordie Howe.  If he hadn't scored 4 goals we might have won the damn game" Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

3 games for a little slash to the ankle is crazy...

But you don't have to apologize...

I don't blame you for not wanting to see the Habs' best player on the ice next Thursday...

You likely don't want to see another high draft pick heading Boston's way next summer...

Unfortunately for you, I expect my Habs to still beat your team mercilessly on Thursday without Cammy.

Here's our game plan :

Shut down, Kessel !

It's pretty complicated, I know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Cammalleri was a Bruin okay with one game suspension? : I agree (not with the habs fans part) the League cannot allow blindside hits especially in PreSeason games. I for one dont think it matters what caliber of players are involved. I have not seen the Nino hit on Cam and never commented on it. But Cams actions are still deserving a suspension maybe nino's were dirty too. But hacking someone with your stick has never been a good way to show the refs that lol.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]

I posted the video of Nino's elbow to Cammy's head from a blindside earlier on this thread if you care to look at it.  I think that it crosses the line of what has been called, "borderline," on this thread.

I thought the League was going to crack down on these sorts of hits after the Cooke hit on Savard as they are far more dangerous than slashes to the ankle.

It's also absolutely inexcusable for a rookie to be trying stuff like this in a meaningless preseason game.