if edm takes hall what do bs do?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

if edm takes hall what do bs do?

interesting...3 deep at center the bs have the ammo to trade up..i think they have no choice but to trade up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Re: if edm takes hall what do bs do?

In Response to if edm takes hall what do bs do?:
    interesting...3 deep at center the bs have the ammo to trade up..i think they have no choice but to trade up?
    Posted by bruins8

doesn't really matter...you said neither player is a franchise player and would be lucky to score over 20 goals for at least 4-5 years

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

hall wants to be in boston i can tell by his tone in his voice.. and orr is his agent..anybody that wants to play for the bs is welcome in my books

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Worst case scenario....

Bergy moves to Wing
    or more likely 
    Seguin moves to Wing

Sounds pretty good to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Take Seguin. Take the best player and then make it work or figure it out a trade later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I would take Seguin there are not many right handed centers,this kid looks to have huge upside I think it would be a mistake to let him go.He would look good with Savard on the pp,could be a lot like ST Louis / Stamko's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

If Seguin drops to the Bs at 2, take him. Let him play wing for a season or 2 like they did with Bergeron when he first came up; or ask Bergeron to move back on a wing and let him ride with Savard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: if edm takes hall what do bs do?:
    Worst case scenario.... Bergy moves to Wing or more likely  Seguin moves to Wing Sounds pretty good to me.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

I much rather see Seguin move to center.  Bergeron has already established himself as one of the game's best two-way centers.  Seguin still has time to adjust to a new position and develop there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

We take Seguin and Etem and say thank you for giving us two studs in the 1st. We then have the best young team in the NHL next year. Krejci, Bergeron, Colborne, Stuart, Lucic, Caron, Rask, Boychuk, Seguin, Etem, and possibly Hamill. Plus Torontos first next year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Duh well I guess we pick Seguin yesirree Bob! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to if edm takes hall what do bs do?:
    Posted by bruins8
    Dude, do you really need to start a thread every time you have a thought? This is real simple. Edmonton takes Hall, Bruins take Seguin. Edmonton takes Seguin, Bruins take Hall.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I can't believe this question is being asked. There are TWO guys in this draft who the hockey minds can't even agree on who's first and then there is the rest that are well behind. Hall/Seguin, Edmonton picks one of them and we get the other guy. Anything else would be retarded. Seguin can play wing. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I can't believe this question is being asked. There are TWO guys in this draft who the hockey minds can't even agree on who's first and then there is the rest that are well behind. Hall/Seguin, Edmonton picks one of them and we get the other guy. Anything else would be retarded. Seguin can play wing. 
    Posted by Reilly24

LOL.. too much HEY !
    OMG this is a great day !!! My guts tells me the Bruins get Hall and if it's Seguin THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE .  WIN WIN .  WHAT ELSE HAS TO BE SAID .
    What's going to annoy me is having from now till June threads on trading the pick, trading up, and why Hall is better and why Seguin is better,  WHO GIVES ...
    Bruins come out winners.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: if edm takes hall what do bs do? : LOL.. too much HEY ! OMG this is a great day !!! My guts tells me the Bruins get Hall and if it's Seguin THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE .  WIN WIN .  WHAT ELSE HAS TO BE SAID . What's going to annoy me is having from now till June threads on trading the pick, trading up, and why Hall is better and why Seguin is better,  WHO GIVES ... Bruins come out winners.
    Posted by BsLegion

100% Agree.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonnyRippit. Show JonnyRippit's posts

You draft Seguin and move him to the wing.  Remember that Kessel dude who was a center before playing in the NHL?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You draft Seguin and move him to the wing.  Remember that Kessel dude who was a center before playing in the NHL? Posted by JonnyRippit

No! Who's he did he play in the 70's or before that ? LoL! Tongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: if edm takes hall what do bs do? : LOL.. too much HEY ! OMG this is a great day !!! My guts tells me the Bruins get Hall and if it's Seguin THERE IS NO DOWNSIDE .  WIN WIN .  WHAT ELSE HAS TO BE SAID . What's going to annoy me is having from now till June threads on trading the pick, trading up, and why Hall is better and why Seguin is better,  WHO GIVES ... Bruins come out winners.
    Posted by BsLegion

I couldn't agree with you more. Too bad we couldn't find a way to put a freeze on the Hall/Seguin talk untill after the playoffs. It's a great time to be a Bruin fan. What a difference a couple weeks makes. Hey Legion, check out another thing this Bruin fan has to look forward to. http://canadacardworld.blogspot.com/2010/03/spring-sports-card-expo-2010-toronto.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBasti. Show BBasti's posts

it's easy... if the B's get Hall they'll get what they need... but if they get seguin???

if seguin makes the team... shift either bergeron or seguin to wing...

OR

take a risk and be agressive on draft day and move either bergeron or krejci and move up to get another Top 10 pick... Columbus comes to my mind since they are lacking some established quality player down the the middle...

but i think it is not that impossible that EDM will chose Seguin... when i saw Hall'S reaction on TSN on how he would feel to go to EDM then i must admit: excitement looks different...
    Maybe EDM turn to Seguin if they have a feeling that they wouldn't be Hall's first choice...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

hall wants to be in boston i can tell by his tone in his voice.. and orr is his agent..anybody that wants to play for the bs is welcome in my books
    Posted by bruins8

You have a good point there.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Of course they take who's left from Hall/Seguin.  A 20 goal scorer in year one maybe, more like 40's there out.  The GMs have been drooling over Hall for 2 years now, and Seguin is actually rated ahead.  Seriously the center thing is NOT an issue...Edmonton needs Centers more than LW. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Let's face it.. the B's have been given the opportunity of this millenium ( so far ) and unless PC goes away from the mainstream choices..even HE can't screw up the remains of who Edmonton doesn't pick.. Things just got a little sunnier for the future ... well hello ping pong balls... Now..If I could get lucky with a few ping pong balls to hit the lottery here.... math would become my friend...( and lots of other people too no doubt...LOL)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

If Edmonton takes Seguin, we take Hall, and we have our coveted winger.

If Edmonton takes Hall, we take Seguin and flip him with a high pick in 2011 (say #5 or #6 overall) to Toronto for Kessel, and we have our coveted winger.

Come on - it's obvious.  We take Hall or Seguin, or Seguin or Hall, and as KJBruins writes, "we have the best young team in the NHL next year."  Last night, both Hall and Seguin said they'd be happy to go to the team that wants them the most - that will be either Edmonton or Boston for either of them.

The future is bright and now it's time to turn to Thursday - did anyone notice there's a playoff series beginning on Thursday?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

If the Oilers take Hall we happily take Tyler Seguin. Seguin or Bergeron could move to wing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'll be disappointed if the Oilers take Hall with the first overall pick.    There's probably a 50/50 chance the Oilers take Seguin, based on need, CSA rankings etc. and long term potential, but if they're like me, they prefer Hall's aggression with the puck.  He'd fit the Oiler style better than Seguin, too.

So - in June, I'll be disappointed over seeing Hall go first...then ten minutes later I'll have a huge smile on my face as the Seguin decade begins.

Sections
Shortcuts