If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do

True I sent my resume to Mr Jacobs when MOC left...didnt get the job but I f I would be GM today here is what I woul do ...I love TT but still...I would gamble and I would trade him for an impact player dont forget TT is a Vezina trophy winner last year ...Flyers, Detroit, both need a G ....I would certainly try to get Carter +Boucher from the Flyers or Zetterberg + a back uo G from the Wings ...and guess what there is a good chance that I would find a taker for TT ....if not with Flyers or Wings maybe with Capitals (Backstrom or Semin + Theo) , Carolina (Staal + Ward), Tampa (LeCavalier ), Ducks (Bobby Ryan + Giguere)or Blues (Brad Boyes) dont forget TT is a all star and a Vezina trophy winner ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Re: If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do

In Response to If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do:
    [QUOTE]True I sent my resume to Mr Jacobs when MOC left...didnt get the job but I f I would be GM today here is what I woul do ...I love TT but still...I would gamble and I would trade him for an impact player dont forget TT is a Vezina trophy winner last year ...Flyers, Detroit, both need a G ....I would certainly try to get Carter +Boucher from the Flyers or Zetterberg + a back uo G from the Wings ...and guess what there is a good chance that I would find a taker for TT ....if not with Flyers or Wings maybe with Capitals (Backstrom or Semin + Theo) , Carolina (Staal + Ward), Tampa (LeCavalier ), Ducks (Bobby Ryan + Giguere)or Blues (Brad Boyes) dont forget TT is a all star and a Vezina trophy winner ...
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS[/QUOTE]I think your biggest oversight is the fact that TT has a NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE. Also, let's not forget about that little thing known as a salary cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

Staal+Ward for Thomas? I like Thomas but your an idiot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

well we all kno tim thomas has a NTC, or most of us do. i was unaware of that when they signed him. but anyways if you were the bruins GM and had to trade thomas, you would have to make him want to leave. send him to providence so he would want out, or give him minimal playing time. someting to pi$$ him off enough to say thats it i want out. yes its not the best thing you wanna do to a player like timmy cuz he is a great guy, but if it comes to having to do that then your gunna have to get a little dirty and pi$$ him off. if you want to list teams we would trade thomas to, its anywhere in the west, so detroit may be a possiblity. ducks and blues are too, blues got some skill, thomas and bruins 1st round for perron and oshie maybe, idk jus throwin it out there, but wut i am tryin to say really is:
    pi$$ off thomas so he wants out and will waive his no trade clause. i may be wrong but thats jus my opinion on how to get thomas out, i do want rask as #1 as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

Wait until next year to seriously consider Tuukka as our #1, remember...he's only been a pro a couple months.

...Patience patience patience...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do:
    [QUOTE]True I sent my resume to Mr Jacobs when MOC left...didnt get the job but I f I would be GM today here is what I woul do ...I love TT but still...I would gamble and I would trade him for an impact player dont forget TT is a Vezina trophy winner last year ...Flyers, Detroit, both need a G ....I would certainly try to get Carter +Boucher from the Flyers or Zetterberg + a back uo G from the Wings ...and guess what there is a good chance that I would find a taker for TT ....if not with Flyers or Wings maybe with Capitals (Backstrom or Semin + Theo) , Carolina (Staal + Ward), Tampa (LeCavalier ), Ducks (Bobby Ryan + Giguere)or Blues (Brad Boyes) dont forget TT is a all star and a Vezina trophy winner ...
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS[/QUOTE]

Now would there be any drugs involved in these deals , like making sure that the opposing GM's were slightly high before they signed off on some of these deals..
    Stick to the predictions buddy, but we all need a good chuckle now and then.. Zetterberg for Thomas? Backstrom/Semin for Thomas? Stall and Ward for Thomas? My sides are hurting right now from all the laughing..and I like Timmy...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heelsox. Show Heelsox's posts

In Response to Re: If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do:
    [QUOTE]In Response to If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do : Now would there be any drugs involved in these deals , like making sure that the opposing GM's were slightly high before they signed off on some of these deals.. Stick to the predictions buddy, but we all need a good chuckle now and then.. Zetterberg for Thomas? Backstrom/Semin for Thomas? Stall and Ward for Thomas? My sides are hurting right now from all the laughing..and I like Timmy...
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to drop the xbox controller haha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

More comedy here....NO WAY the Wings would trade Zetterberg in the manner suggested.  He was Conn Smythe winner in 2008, signed a 12-year/$73 million deal with the Wings last season, is the team's leading scorer, and is a very strong candidate for captain once Lidstrom retires.  Ken Holland, the Wings GM, would want more than just Tim Thomas in a deal that involved Zetterberg.  The Bruins would have to pony up at least another or player or two along with Thomas (maybe a draft pick or two from Boston, too), no question, to get the Big Z out of Motown.  Not to mention, Jim Howard (25 year-old U Maine star) has essentially displaced Osgood from the #1 goalie spot for the Wings and looks to be the goalie of the future in Detroit.  The Wings have a couple other goalies in their system (McCollum and Larsson, both under 25) they like, too.  The Wings do probably the best job of player development in the league (despite no high draft picks since the early 90s) and have no need to rush into a deal like the one suggested. Thomas is NOT in Detroit's future and the Bruins will have to look elsewhere.  Too damned funny once again.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do:
    [QUOTE]More comedy here....NO WAY the Wings would trade Zetterberg in the manner suggested.  He was Conn Smythe winner in 2008 and signed a 12-year/$73 million deal with the Wings last season.  Ken Holland, the Wings GM, would want more than just Tim Thomas in a deal that involved Zetterberg...the Bruins would have to pony up at least another or player or two ALONG with Thomas, no question, to get the Big Z out of Motown.  Not to mention Jim Howard (U Maine star) has essentially displaced Osgood from the #1 goalie spot for the Wings and looks to be the goalie of the future in Detroit.  The Wings have a couple other goalies in their system (McCollum and Larsson) they like, too.  Thomas is NOT in Detroit's future and the Bruins will have to look elsewhere.  Too damned funny once again.....
    Posted by BlueEyedGuy[/QUOTE]TT isn't in anyones future except the Bruins. The only GM dumb enough to take on that contract on a 35 year old goalie would be Mike O'connell and of course PC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

i'm sorry, but absolutely laughable. There is not a player in the entire NHL worth staal and ward, and why would we acquire ward, we have rask, and why would carolina trade ward? thats absolutely insane. Maybe for gretzky in his prime. Zetterberg and a goalie? are you serious. The caps have varlamov for whatever and their sold on him. If we trade Thomas it would be for a first round pick probably. I say you make Rask the number one goaltender. Let him hit his bonus, and that will count against the cap next season, move Thomas, save 5 mill, sign a backup, and still come out on top in terms of the cap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS[/QUOTE]he was gonna get a gm job and then he got high, he was gonna make predictions in vegas and then he got high,now he`s posting at the globe, and we know why (why man why) because he got high because he got high because he got highhh do da dooot doot do

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

I love how people on this board think pulling off a Hockey trade is as easy as doing it on NHL by EA SPORTS! There are so many things to consider when discussing trades, henceforth why there are not many that go on before the deadline. The only one of your trades that makes a little sense is the Carter/Boucher deal with the Flyers. Even though I think the bruins would have to give up a little more (Prospect or draft pick or Sobotka)

Your other deals I asked myself...What the @#$%?
    Tampa for Vinny? Would not work with the Salary cap, plus he's a center.

Ducks for Ryan and Giguere? Giguere is complaining about being a back-up in
    Anaheim why would he come here to back up Rask?

No way Washington trades us thier second best scorer, they hate us.

Detroit for Zetterberg...holy chitlin! I would make that deal any day, too bad the Wings would hang up the phone as soon as you ask them for that one. Though if Thomas would accept a trade to anywhere it would be Detroit his hometown team! (He's from Flint MI)

I agree that the Bruins might have to take a gamble with the goalie situation, but I just don't think it's going to happen, not this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Everyone here actually replies to this guy's "moves" instead of laughing at him for his CONTINUOUS reminders that he sent his resume into the Bruins.  WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone here actually replies to this guy's "moves" instead of laughing at him for his CONTINUOUS reminders that he sent his resume into the Bruins.  WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer[/QUOTE]

My reasoning for responding is to point out the outright absurdities of this joker's posts.  Clearly, between the "predictions" and the "GM moves", there's plenty here to rebuke (and concurrently laugh heartily at).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

I also sent my resume to Jacobs when they traded Joe to SJ! Even though I can't skate, I was leading my Dek Hockey team in points at the time and could have brought some much needed offense to the Bruins line-up!
    Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

would you do this?

Thomas for Briere?  TT's NTC can be overcome.  He either waves it or rides the bench.  If he doesn't have a no movement clause we can see if a stint with the P-Bruins doesn't change his mind.

We have depth at goalie and are lacking in at least two areas (scoring winger or another top 4 D).  Something has got to give.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

misterpaulo - Philly would probably sh*t themselves over that deal, because Briere is over paid. However, if you can maybe send a bit more salary their way and get two players that could work, if and only if Briere is able to move to RW (you say we need a scoring winger and you suggest a center)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

heres the trade I would want to make...
    Tim Thomas, BOS 2010 first round draft pick to TBL for Martin St. Louis and Antero Nittymaki.
    Tampa needs a goaltender, they get one, they also get a first round draft pick, Bs get a back up tender on the cheap and a skilled RW that with savard would score a ton of goals even tho hes heavy on assists right now. Imagine a PP down low of him bergeron and savard, or bergeron up on the point and wheeler down low, the guy creates so much offense. Reasonable cap hit too

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS[/QUOTE]
    lets trade bergeron for briere each isvery much overpaid we are deep at center and briere is definitely a much better goal scorer

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do : lets trade bergeron for briere each isvery much overpaid we are deep at center and briere is definitely a much better goal scorer
    Posted by bruinsking[/QUOTE]

ummmmmmmm WHAT?????????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

you can' possibly say right now bergy is a 5 million dollar player do you

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

like i said before, if you wanna trade thomas you have to tick him off, once you tick him off, trade him and BOS 1st rd 2010 pick to philly for carter and a prospect, and thats that. deal done, philly gets rid of carter who doesnt wanna be there according to other ppl, and we lose thomas's salary and gain a player who is on another 30+ goal scoring season

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

ummmm, yea, i can. Have you watched a bruins game this year? he is playing unbelievably. Hes getting SERIOUS coonsideration from team canada, Lecalavier might not make that team. Hes playing an absurdly good two way game, and a bunch of NHL guys have said that hes got to be considered for the Selke. Hes been the best forward on this team the entire season. Ya 5 mill easy, and its a cap hit of 4.75

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to If I would have had the GM job when MOC left here is what I would do : lets trade bergeron for briere each isvery much overpaid we are deep at center and briere is definitely a much better goal scorer
    Posted by bruinsking[/QUOTE]While we're at it let's trade Ryder for Sean Avery and Chara for Steve Ott.
    Put down the crack pipe and step away from the keyboard!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

[QUOTE]ummmm, yea, i can. Have you watched a bruins game this year? he is playing unbelievably. Hes getting SERIOUS coonsideration from team canada, Lecalavier might not make that team. Hes playing an absurdly good two way game, and a bunch of NHL guys have said that hes got to be considered for the Selke. Hes been the best forward on this team the entire season. Ya 5 mill easy, and its a cap hit of 4.75
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

you better quit smokin that stuff man 70th in the league in scoring
    1st power play unit has 1 pp goal all year he is a great 2 mill. man at best 5's a joke and noother team in the league would take him for that salary