If kessel goes what would bruins do

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

If kessel goes what would bruins do

if kessel is traded what would the bruins do would they do would they sign another free agent if so who?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: If kessel goes what would bruins do

The Bruins are so deep at forward right now, even without Kessel, that there's going to be a knock-down drag-out fight for spots. If they do anything, they might shore up the defense, but you also have to consider that they have several contracts due for renewal next season, and some players (Lucic, possibly Wheeler, if he has a standout year) will be due hefty raises.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I say they keep what they have.

The $1.7M in cap space they have left allows them some room to make a move during the season, or at the trade deadline, if it's needed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

The first time Boston plays Kessels new team Lucic is going to put him through the boards on a bone crunching legal body check. While Looch is staring down at Kessels comatose body he will be heard saying " shoulda stayed dummy ". Boston will then carry on and eventually win the stanley cup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Not likely do anything until they determine who is ready if any from the Baby Bs..One scnerio never mentioned in tade talks is the Islanders who have 20m i cap space, rebuilding a team and who needs a sniper.. and now have lots of young gun futures to offer..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: If kessel goes what would bruins do:
    [QUOTE]Not likely do anything until they determine who is ready if any from the Baby Bs..One scnerio never mentioned in tade talks is the Islanders who have 20m i cap space, rebuilding a team and who needs a sniper.. and now have lots of young gun futures to offer..
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

its been mentioned, i've been screaming Okposo and a 1st for Kessel and a 2nd

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Right on ...Bruins are now without Phil ...

Sturm will score his 30 goals plus...

Bergeron will score an additional 20 goals from his last year's production

Wheeler an extra 5-10 goals and Chuck Kobasew will score close to 30

Bruins will win the cup and Kessel will regret his move he should have signed last summer at $3.5 .....sorry Phil no Stanley Cup for you ...you missed your chance

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]Right on ...Bruins are now without Phil ... Sturm will score his 30 goals plus... Bergeron will score an additional 20 goals from his last year's production Wheeler an extra 5-10 goals and Chuck Kobasew will score close to 30 Bruins will win the cup and Kessel will regret his move he should have signed last summer at $3.5 .....sorry Phil no Stanley Cup for you ...you missed your chance
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]
    'i love your enthusiasm but you keep saying that sturm will score "his 30" do you know how many times sturm has scored 30 in his career?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Interesting rumor on ESPN.com that has Los Angeles the frontrunner for Kessel with Jack Johnson coming back our way. I know it seems endless, but eventually somethings gotta give. I love Kessel, but if it's true, this is the best offer I've heard so far. I'm not sure what Johnson's making, but I think it's in the high two's. Regardless, if it happens someone has to go. Ference?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If kessel goes what would bruins do : its been mentioned, i've been screaming Okposo and a 1st for Kessel and a 2nd
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Dkrejci- I have to agree with you on this one.  I think Okposo has LOADS of talent.  Also- a first rounder from the Isles gotta be as good as it gets for draft picks!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

i doubt ference would go, he has an absurdly cap friendly contract.....but anyhow jack johnson's annual cap hit is 1.425 so we could fit him in easily, take off 500K for Boychuk and add the 1.425 for johnson and we still have around 800K in room

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Johnson is on the books for a $1.4M cap hit. I'm not sold on him.

I'd rather see Oscar Moller come this way even if we have to take a later pick from L.A.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

tjats 1.425 this yr and next year//cap freindly indeed

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If kessel goes what would bruins do : its been mentioned, i've been screaming Okposo and a 1st for Kessel and a 2nd
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

The Islanders aren't going to let Okposo go. He and Tavares are the guys they're going to rebuild that team around.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

I don't know why i thought he negotiated in the two's, but there you go, 1.425, very manageable. He was -17 last year but that's with a relatively young defense and no real number one goalie. I think he'd look great in a B's sweater. I like Mollar if they shifted him to wing, but would still rather have Johnson. My only concern would be that he's 21 and this is his third organization. I'm sure he's a victim of circumstance, but still, not many clubs are going to part with young talent who only a year ago was considered a franchise cornerstone.
    I  could see a scenario where the Isles would give up Okposo for Kessel straight up. Kessel and Tavares together could equal a lot of goals. The Isles need fans, they're not a playoff contender, so why not at least get two guys who can generate goals and excitement to get people talking? Cuz lets face it, Blake Comeau to Andy Sutton isn't going to cut it .

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

pretty sure they would prefer to build the team around kessel and tavares

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Right on ...Bruins are now without Phil ... Sturm will score his 30 goals plus... Bergeron will score an additional 20 goals from his last year's production Wheeler an extra 5-10 goals and Chuck Kobasew will score close to 30 Bruins will win the cup and Kessel will regret his move he should have signed last summer at $3.5 .....sorry Phil no Stanley Cup for you ...you missed your chance
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]

-Sturm has never scored anyone's 30 goals, let alone 30 goals plus. His 30 goals must mean 27, since that's his career high.
    -You're expecting Bergeron to revert to his post-concussion form in 2005, when he had 31. Is that realistic?
    -30 from Kobasew? His career high is 22....you expect an almost 40% increase from his career high.
    -26-31 goals from Wheeler? Finally something that is a little more probable. Being a 2nd year player, he has a decent shot at this.
    -Not missing Kessel? Perhaps. But 36 goals won't be easy to replace, and counting on Sturm, Bergeron, Ryder to pick up the slack (not to mention very high expectations from Lucic and Wheeler) may make goal scoring more of an issue than it was last year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

this is a trade i wouldnt mind seeing to the isles kessel ference tothe bruins witt a 1st 2nd. our d needs to be tougher witt and wideman would be great together plus the ilse 1st would be a lotttery pick. i believe this trade would work perfect what u guys think

Sections
Shortcuts