If Ryder is still contributing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

If Ryder is still contributing

We all assume Ryder will be the odd man out when Savard and Sturm come back but if he's still at a point per game pace(or near it)who else should be moved instead?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: If Ryder is still contributing

In Response to If Ryder is still contributing:
    We all assume Ryder will be the odd man out when Savard and Sturm come back but if he's still at a point per game pace(or near it)who else should be moved instead?
    Posted by dezaruchi

There are plenty of variables, but the ultimate factor is money. Of the forwards, approximate cap hit comparisons to Sturm would be guys like Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic and Horton. They're not going anywhere. And moving someone like Wheeler or Thornton wouldn't help, because they don't make enough. 

Actually it would be a good thing if Ryder was scoring, because that increases his trade value. It would be a heck of a lot better to trade him for something like a decent draft pick, wihout having to throw in a sweetener, than to bury him in the minors.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: If Ryder is still contributing:
    In Response to If Ryder is still contributing : There are plenty of variables, but the ultimate factor is money. Of the forwards, approximate cap hit comparisons to Sturm would be guys like Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic and Horton. They're not going anywhere. And moving someone like Wheeler or Thornton wouldn't help, because they don't make enough.  Actually it would be a good thing if Ryder was scoring, because that increases his trade value. It would be a heck of a lot better to trade him for something like a decent draft pick, wihout having to throw in a sweetener, than to bury him in the minors.
    Posted by duinne

I wonder if it may be prudent to move a d-man or two instead if Ryder is scoring but I think you're right.A draft pick in return would be much better than a straight salary dump.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Money it is.  I'm still going from memory here - but I think the Bruins have to have a net clearing of about $3M if they are willing to only carry 20 players.
    Replacing Ryder with Seguin would do it.
    Replacing Wheeler and Ference with Seguin and McQuaid might do it (too close for me to be certain).
    Seidenberg is another option, as he has a limited NTC but that would be a tough move, and he'd have to either go with someone else or be replaced really cheaply.

Short of a major roster overhaul (Something like 5 players out, 4 players in) I just don't see many realistic options besides moving Ryder. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: If Ryder is still contributing : I wonder if it may be prudent to move a d-man or two instead if Ryder is scoring but I think you're right.A draft pick in return would be much better than a straight salary dump.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You move a d-man, you have to replace him, and except for Chara and Seidenberg, none of those guys have significant cap hits. (Boychuk $1.875 mil, Ference $2.25 mil, Stuart $1.675 mil, Hunwick $1.45 mil)  

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Oops - finally dug up the post where I had worked this out.  For a 20 man roster, it's only ~$1.6M that needs to be shed.  The $3M is if they want to be able to keep Seguin and McQuaid around as "spares".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think Ryder is definitely "the" candidate to move out.. I do hope he keeps scoring as well as some have mentioned .. Right now a team like Anaheim off to a horrendous start with lack of scoring might bite on him if they get desperate..only scored 2 goals after 3 games?  No points for Perry, Getzlaff and Ryan..I have all three in my hockey pool and its killing me :)..

Otherwise it will mean spending some time in Providence , similar to what Toronto just did with Jeff Finger ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Glyder contribute ? How ? Dump that bum!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I agree that Ryder seems to be the only solution and as Duinne says the more he scores the better chance they get a trade partner.I dont expect savy back in the lineup until december possibly Jan. and sturm  maybe late november. Who knows who goes down with an injury before thenm (TOUCH WOOD)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I agree that Ryder seems to be the only solution and as Duinne says the more he scores the better chance they get a trade partner.I dont expect savy back in the lineup until december possibly Jan. and sturm  maybe late november. Who knows who goes down with an injury before thenm (TOUCH WOOD)
    Posted by wallydouglas

I honestly can't think of a scenario that doesn't include dumping Ryder for picks.It will stink though if he's having a career year and Boston can only get a fourth rounder or worse.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Dezaruchi - You're right it would stink. At the same time, the other GMs surely know the position we're in and probably wouldn't be willing to offer much as they know we have to shed salary.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dezaruchi - You're right it would stink. At the same time, the other GMs surely know the position we're in and probably wouldn't be willing to offer much as they know we have to shed salary.
    Posted by BigPapaBear72

Absolutely true but no less frustrating.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Glyder contribute ? How ? Dump that bum!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

He's point a game so far SDB....c'mon tell me you didn't love that lob pass to Seguin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Watch Ryder closely and you will notice that he has very little shot accuracy, takes too long to get his shot off and is one dimensional.

He's a streaky scorer for that reason, because he's inaccurate.  Nice shot when he gets it off.

I don't like him because he is most likely NOT to get the big goal when you need one.

Don't take this to mean I think he's horrible, but I would rather see someone else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Watch Ryder closely and you will notice that he has very little shot accuracy, takes too long to get his shot off and is one dimensional. He's a streaky scorer for that reason, because he's inaccurate.  Nice shot when he gets it off. I don't like him because he is most likely NOT to get the big goal when you need one. Don't take this to mean I think he's horrible, but I would rather see someone else.
    Posted by BadHabitude

It seems that sooner or later you will get your wish.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: If Ryder is still contributing : He's point a game so far SDB....c'mon tell me you didn't love that lob pass to Seguin. Posted by NorthernBrewin

NB see that balloon going by Price in your avatar that reminds me of the lobs that were given too Ryder last year by Krejci right on his stick time and time again. You know what Michael said when he missed the net on several occasions ? "Missed it by that much!"

Thanks for throwing soft pitch LoL!

PS. I have to give Ryder some guff he has alot to prove to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: If Ryder is still contributing : NB see that balloon going by Price in your avatar that reminds me of the lobs that were given too Ryder last year by Krejci right on his stick time and time again. You know what Michael said when he missed the net on several occasions ? "Missed it by that much!" Thanks for throwing soft pitch LoL! PS. I have to give Ryder some guff he has alot to prove to me.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Yeah but,much like Wideman last year,I won't begrudge a player for showing improvement.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It has surely muddied the waters with Ryder resurrecting himself, but, it also makes him and his reducing $4 mil more appealing to others. In addition, other moves could be Paille, Hunwick, love to say Ference, but, his injury prone probably limits the takers. Wheels is another potential trade chip as is Hamill.[ not everyone is deep at center]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It has surely muddied the waters with Ryder resurrecting himself, but, it also makes him and his reducing $4 mil more appealing to others. In addition, other moves could be Paille, Hunwick, love to say Ference, but, his injury prone probably limits the takers. Wheels is another potential trade chip as is Hamill.[ not everyone is deep at center]
    Posted by Bogie6

The biggest problem with any Bruins trade is not taking any salary in return.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

I was wondering if Paille & Hunwick would be enough or if they are tradeable? Its hard to see someone take on Ryders salary, they would have to be a contender looking for a chance at a rent-a-player, how much room would they really have?
    We could live without either Paille or Hunwick pretty easily in my opinion. Our PK is still strong without him. Outside of PK he doesn't bring much to the table, if you are concerned with speed you'd be moving him to get Sturm back on the ice.
    Hunwick has shown nothing since 2 seasons ago when every single player on the team had a breakout year. He's a defensive liability, not big, and not producing pts as he was billed to do.

Either way - it will be interesting to see where the B's go to clear space.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Replace Paille with Seguin, Hunwick with McQuaid; demote Caron, McGratton, and Marchand.
    That puts the team $0.21M over the cap.  So close!

I've finally lost my mind and made a spreadsheet for this, so I can come up with yearly based cap numbers for lineups pretty easily.  If people have lineups they think might work I can figure it out. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The B's needs to make some room personnnel-wise and cap-wise.  In addition, they should insure that they have some help in Prov on defense to absorb and injury or two.  The logical move(s), in my opinion, is/are to move some forwards (e.g. Ryder, Hunwick).  Even if there are lopsided deals...better than giving them away (i.e. for nothing) and/or getting caught short-handed at the wrong time.

I would target getting Bodnardchuck some playing time; acquiring another younger defenseman to play in Prov, as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Michael Ryder was watching from point blank range when Matt Cooke almost took Marc Savards head off...F)*^ team-mates like him. Every time I watch him it reminds me of that moment. He can't be gone fast enough - Saying that somebody is on a ppg level after 2 games is absurd... Bergeron, Chara and Krejci haven't scored a goal yet- does that imply they'll go 0 for 82?   
    Posted by JWensink

Hey, i don't like Ryder at all, but true this.
    I found a clip that shows this perfectly last year, all the clips I've looked at now don't show it.

Ryder made a beeline for Cooke.  Then Wideman jumped in between and he was yapping at everyone and then everything broke off and they stood around looking at Savard.

It's True.  As much as I don't like him, he did go afer Cooke.  What Wideman said or what he was thinking of, I don't know.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: If Ryder is still contributing : Hey, i don't like Ryder at all, but true this. I found a clip that shows this perfectly last year, all the clips I've looked at now don't show it. Ryder made a beeline for Cooke.  Then Wideman jumped in between and he was yapping at everyone and then everything broke off and they stood around looking at Savard. It's True.  As much as I don't like him, he did go afer Cooke.  What Wideman said or what he was thinking of, I don't know.
    Posted by BadHabitude

I watched the clip several times, because I was wondering about the exact response. Ryder (the only Bruin who saw the hit) goes after Cooke and shoves him into the glass. Brooks Orpik shoves Ryder away; I think Wideman was trying to get in between Orpik and Ryder. Lucic, after seeing what Ryder did (and possibly said), bangs Cooke, and then it all dissolves into a brief scrum before everyone realizes Savard is badly hurt and everything stops.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Michael Ryder was watching from point blank range when Matt Cooke almost took Marc Savards head off...F)*^ team-mates like him. Every time I watch him it reminds me of that moment. He can't be gone fast enough - Saying that somebody is on a ppg level after 2 games is absurd... Bergeron, Chara and Krejci haven't scored a goal yet- does that imply they'll go 0 for 82?   
    Posted by JWensink

All that was said was that "if" he was still at a point a game level when the team gets healthy,does it change how the team sheds salary?By no means am I calling him a point per game player.

Sections
Shortcuts