if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose?

1) Cam (Neely, not Stewart)
    2) Nifty
    3) Taz

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose?

Rick Middleton AND Barry Pederson.  Pederson played a lot like Bergeron, total game, and was the set-up for Nifty.   Together, they must have swiped thousands of pucks. Best checkers ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose?:
    Rick Middleton AND Barry Pederson.  Pederson played a lot like Bergeron, total game, and was the set-up for Nifty.   Together, they must have swiped thousands of pucks. Best checkers ever.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

I would agree to Pederson, maybe trade him for Toews this time!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In Response to Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose?:
    In Response to Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose? : I would agree to Pederson, maybe trade him for Toews this time!!
    Posted by scooter244

Good one!

Hands down though, Cam Neely.  Nobody carried a team on his back more than Cam did.  Guaranteed if the Bruins came back to win a game during his time it was Cam leading the charge with a big hit or goal.

As much as I loved watching O'Reilly and Nifty, it's Neely all the way. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

1.) Cam
    2.) Nifty
    3.) Espo

Very tough to go against Espo, but the Bruins need wingers now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I know I already voted but I'd like you all to consider Steve Heinz.  When he shaved his head and switched to #57, he was a force - just ask Kevin Paul Dupont.
    Posted by huscroft28

Heinze didn't wear #57 until he left the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Having Cam Neely this year would be awesome ,,,but we dont really need to add anymore players on the roster ...we will wil the cup this coming season no question about it ...

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose? : Heinze didn't wear #57 until he left the Bruins.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

He should have - could have been much more saucier.  He was a fool - just ask KPD.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Can't believe I'm in the minority here.  Bobby Orr
    Posted by stevegm

He's not a forward...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose? : He's not a forward...
    Posted by BlackandGold24

Was he a goalkeeper?

Speaking of forwards, and power-forwards in particular, do think Serena Williams has ever used performance enhancing "things"?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Can't believe I'm in the minority here.  Bobby Orr
    Posted by stevegm

Because you didn't bother to read the question...

Anyhow, Cam or Middleton. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose? : He's not a forward...
    Posted by BlackandGold24

he musta played forward at least once....sometime.  I'd gladly put #4 up front against any previous Bruin. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

wow bobby orr hands down... cam is great but bobby a f@3k!ng legend
    Posted by lucicanator17

He was also a defenseman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Joe Thornton

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose? : He was also a defenseman.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm glad that I am not the only one who actually noticed that.

Neely never won a Cup.

I am also amazed that I am alone in thinking that the Bruins leading scorer as a forward, two time Cup winner, Johnny Bucyk , beats Neely hands down ! 

I never thought Neely was as good as the Bruins' media did. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Esposito.

Well, I can see that one as well.

Many of the other posters just seem to parrot "Neely" like Stanley talking about Wheeler's upcoming 50 goal seasons and the Bruins winning the next three Cups...

Unreal !

The guy never won a Cup, never came close to a scoring title and has just over one third the points that Bucyk had.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Espo was great in his day but his day but you have to remember that in his day, players had no limit on the amount of curve on their sticks.. Forehand shots then dipped quite a bit and dumbfounded goalies.. Granted, he had a great wrist shot, tended to set up camp in front of the goal and was able to use his size to get many 'garbage' goals but he also scored many wrist shots.. ( With the larger goaltender pads and less curve on todays sticks, I doubt he would be as productive as he was then).. Neely was the upcoming prototype for a forward in his day.. he bought himself a ton of room by establishing himself not only as a prolific scorer but a terrifc fighter too.. that combination would work in todays market .. However.. I would have to put in a plug for Taz too.. he was non stop.. not the greatest hands for scoring but carved out many goals from his work ethic.. He had some amazing goals too.. sitting on the ice and shooting.. etc.. If I had to boil choose one of them and that one was young and healthy.. I guess Neely would get my vote.. ( Good old Pie Mckenzie deserves and honroable mention)...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

#16 Nifty could do what Cam couldn't do pass when he wasn't scoring goals. Rick made Barry Pederson better in just that way when Rick wasn't potting his own goals he dished it to #10.

Adam Oates would be my other choice because you could move Bergeron to his wing and Adam would still score over 30 in the process.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Get real RMIller, Neely played 1/2 the seasons of your picks. When Neely played he was the ultimate force. My 2nd choice is Lyndon Byers [because he was friends with Neely and they jumped in a Cobra pit together -great story!].

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Espo was great in his day but his day but you have to remember that in his day, players had no limit on the amount of curve on their sticks.. Forehand shots then dipped quite a bit and dumbfounded goalies.. Granted, he had a great wrist shot, tended to set up camp in front of the goal and was able to use his size to get many 'garbage' goals but he also scored many wrist shots.. ( With the larger goaltender pads and less curve on todays sticks, I doubt he would be as productive as he was then)..
    Posted by SupportLocal81

The first time a limit was placed on the curve was for the '67-68 season.  Before that, Espo 643 goals after curve limits were in place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose?:
    I'm curious to know which bruin from the past u posters would pick, if you can have him of course at a young age(ie. start of his career) on the current roster. my pic- Cam neely
    Posted by marco1001

Greg Sheppard

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooksWasHere. Show BrooksWasHere's posts

Without a question Brad "The Brad" Isbister or maybe Alexei Zhamnov

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

# 24  Terry "Tazmanian Devil" O'Reilly - The only guy who could be flat on his face and still get the shot off. Heart

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Esposito. Well, I can see that one as well. Many of the other posters just seem to parrot "Neely" like Stanley talking about Wheeler's upcoming 50 goal seasons and the Bruins winning the next three Cups... Unreal ! The guy never won a Cup, never came close to a scoring title and has just over one third the points that Bucyk had.
    Posted by RMiller87

Big deal...any jamoke can read the all time scoring leaders. no doubt Chief and Espo were great players in their day, but no-one bled B's colors like Neely. 50 goals in 49 games....comming back from severe knee surgury time and again. OMG, look at some highlight films, not just the media guide to see how many goals someone scored. Sea Bass....the Heart and Soul!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: if the bruins could have any 1 of their past forwards, who would you choose? : The first time a limit was placed on the curve was for the '67-68 season.  Before that, Espo 643 goals after curve limits were in place.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Well thanks for clarifying the timing of when they put limits on stick curvature.. I wasn't sure when that took place and in trying to remember, I do recall many of the players back than had 'bananna curves" which gave the goalies fits...
    As good as Expo was in his day, I would still favor Neely for all that he brought to the table... Not to take anything away from Espo because he lit it up quite regularly back then but he had a few of the best corner guys in Hodge and Cashmant to feed him the puck....Just my opinion..

Sections
Shortcuts