If the season ended today....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanteFratto. Show DanteFratto's posts

If the season ended today....

If the season ended today, there is a good chance the Bruins would have 2 picks in the top 5 picks of the draft.

The Bruins are currently in the 6th worst team in the league and Toronto is the 3rd worst.

The Islanders are only 2 points behind the Bruins for the 4th worst record in the league.

If the ping pong balls fell the right way, the Bruins have 2 picks in the top 5 of the 2010 draft.

There is no chance of the Bruins getting out of the 1st round, time to pack in it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: If the season ended today....

As a long time resident of Massachusetts, I have followed all of Boston sports for many years.  It is very upsetting and surprising to see the Bruins play so poorly this season and especially after the terrific season that they had last year.  It is very painful to watch them lose another game.  I just hope that they can turn things around. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RLSJR65. Show RLSJR65's posts

The season ending today would be the best thing that happened all year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The Bruins are currently in the 6th worst team in the league and Toronto is the 3rd worst.
    If the ping pong balls fell the right way, the Bruins have 2 picks in the top 5 of the 2010 draft.

Not quite... only the bottom 5 teams go into the Lottery.. if Bruins are sixth that is where they would stay..they would get 2 picks in the top 10..

Anyway, not going to happen.. the Bruins will make the playoffs, but their run will be short lived..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Yeah, but you said if the season ended today:) .. I just think the Bruins will make the playoffs due to the weak eastern teams that currently occupy 6th - 13th place.. none of these teams are putting any space between them and the Bruins..
    They are all weak teams and the Bruins have games in hand over most of them..
    Atanta will drop, for sure now that they lost Kovy.. Rangers are 3-7 in their last 10... and I think once the Bruins win a game they will get on a bit of a roll..

Never give up on your team.. that is why we are fans..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I'd sleep better at night!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I'm EVALUATING !!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I think the Bruins are in good shape to land some impact players.

However, manage your expectations.  There is NO Tavares or Stamkos in this draft regardless of what anyone on this forum thinks.  But there are some quality players.

Tavares scored 58 goals in his last OHL season and had 72 goals 1 year.
    This year he has 17 in 57 games.

Stamkos had 23 goals in 79 games in his rookie year, but is taking off this year and should get 40-45.

If Bruins select Taylor Hall, how long do you think it will take to score 30+ goals?
    2 years?  3 years?  He scored all of 45 goals 2 years ago in OHL, 38 goals last year and on pace to score 45 this year.  Scoring in the NHL is a little harder.
    It takes time for most players to reach their potential.  There are exceptions, but unless it's an Ovey, Crosby, Malkin type player it takes time.

Bruins will be better next year but getting to the Cup?  Need to do more than just the draft if you're thinking Cup in the next 2-3 years.  The offseason is really important for this team.  PC needs to have some b#@s to make some significant moves. 

By the way, there was a player that played for you last year that either didn't want to come back or was told he wasn't worth the $$ he was asking.  I believe he scored 36 goals last year (only 11 players in the entire league scored more), a total of 10 shoot-out winning goals in his career (4th in the league).

And what do I read just about every day on this team?  No finishers, can't score goals on the shoot-outs or overtime, can't find the right player to play with Savard or Bergy....

Every team needs players of different roles to be successful. Snipers, back-checkers, set-up men etc. 

PC got a great deal for PK all things considering, but the draft picks wont' make up for it for at least 2-3 years.  In the meantime find someone who can score.  It pains me to watch Savard out there with a couple of pylons for finishers....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

LoveRealHockey  quotes, "However, manage your expectations.  There is NO Tavares or Stamkos in this draft regardless of what anyone on this forum thinks.  But there are some quality players."

Wow.  ..WOW.  Just because Hall doesn't have the puck-skill's Stamkos does, doesn't mean he's not as good.  That's not his game.  His game is blowing past defensemen and making goalies look really bad.

I'll make a wager with you if you'd like.  Hall's points in his Rookie year will be higher than Stamkos'.  You pick the prize.  And if Hall goes to a team with a setup man, it won't even be close.  Hall's as pure as they come and I can't wait to watch him in the NHL.

Seguin's more of a setup guy, draw players then dish.  So he'll rack up the assists.

Fowler would be a #1 in almost any other draft.  He's better than Bogosian was.  He's more physical and has better vision.

I can't believe you would honestly say this draft has just "quality players" in it.  Mike Green is a quality player, Eric Fehr is a quality player..  But Hall?  Fehr's not even in the same galaxy as Hall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I watch a lot of OHL hockey and I think Taylor Hall has the potential to be a very good player.  He's playing on a stacked Windsor team right now.

However, I don't think he's in the same league as Stamkos and Tavares as a #1 overall pick IMHO.  I could be wrong (wouldn't be the 1st time...LOL)

I still contend, however, that if I had the 1st pick overall I would take Fowler.  I think Fowler will be the best player in this draft and will be almost as good as Daughty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

Cowboys9,

Thanks for the info on the draft but you are incorrect, see the attached link to learn how the draft lottery actually works. Dante is correct in saying that we could potentially have 2 picks in the top 5.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/148998-understanding-the-nhl-draft-lottery

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

Hasn't Fowler dropped recently. I read he was no longer the top d-man in the draft

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

dustyisacat:

I guess that's why it's fun to be a fan.  Different opinions.

By the way, Tavares scored 72 goals in one OHL season (134 total points).
    The most goals Hall scored ever in the OHL was 45! Tavares scored 45 goals in his OHL rookie year at the age of 16! 

Let's respectively disagree on this one. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

I guess it depends on who's ranking but most of the legitimate rankings have Hall , Seguin and Fowler as the top 3 . Not necessarily in that order .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgmlrm3706. Show sgmlrm3706's posts

I say stop winning and start sewing Hall on the back of shirts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

let's win and get Hall.Bruins have the picks/prospects to do it. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Ther Bruins will play themselves out of a great draft pick.

They'll finish 7th or 8th..lose quickly in the first round.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

We can't play our way out of Leafs pick being good.Add that pick,Bruins first,Leafs second and a prospect for it if need be, but first pick will be there if Bruins want it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I take Seguin he is in on 45% of goals scoring 19% of his teams 192 goals.

Hall on a far deeper team is in on 31% and scoring 12.5%of his teams goals.
    Windsor has 5 players in top 20 scoring, Plymouth has only Seguin.
    Fowler is 7th in team scoring on Windsor and second in dmen.

Seguin was left off team Canada juniors and is out to prove them wrong, and he is as far as I am concerned.

Next I look at Skinner and Toffoli(really like this kid) in the OHL and in WHL i like Gallagher(Vancouver Giants-small but can score), Herrod(Prince Albert) Etem - Medicine Hat, neiderieter-Portland, Straka in the Q.

We might get Toffoli with our 30th pick after winning the cup.LOL

I'm EVALUATING!!!