If we crash and burn...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

If we crash and burn...

If we crash and burn and some how, through the Leafs play or our own, end up with this it might be worth it.

I want the B's to play well, but damn it would be nice to have a game breaker like this kid in our uniform.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

Re: If we crash and burn...

IF we do crash, here's something to ponder in all seriousness: we can rebuild and have a Cup contender for a Decade.

Assume we're a SELLER and not a BUYER in March.

We assume PC is stockpiling assets (picks) for a Trade for a Scorer (Kovalchuck?) in March.  OK, that is and was Plan A.  Its assuming we have a real shot in '09-'10.

Lets assume the unthinkable actually happens...we're  mediocre come spring:  We KEEP those Toronto picks we got in the Kessel Trade (maybe the #1 overall) PLUS the ones we already had...PLUS if we stink we'll have a great pick of our OWN.

We just LOCKED UP Lucic AND Rask and remember we locked up Krejci.

We can consider trading any and all of our veterans--whoever fetches the MOST value.

INow, if all goes well, we can ride out the Savard/Chara Era with 2 or 3 legitimate runs at the Cup. That would be my first choice.  I think thats plan A.

But don't forget Plan B.  If we don't turn it around soon..Plan B could be the new plan. It would surely sukk  THIS year...but it would probably lock in a cup contender for many more years. We could amass the best young corps of Talent in the NHL.  Look at how that strategy is paying dividends in places like LA and Colorado??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to If we crash and burn...:
    If we crash and burn and some how, through the Leafs play or our own, end up with this it might be worth it. http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/story/?id=295649 I want the B's to play well, but damn it would be nice to have a game breaker like this kid in our uniform.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the O,the W & the Q but the canadian junior tier 1 leagues making up the CHL are the best development leagues in the world. They play a lot of hockey compared to any other league. Years ago europeans came to the NHL & they have figured out the CHL as well. Team ranks are littered with europeans playing in the CHL because they know its top flight talent they play against. If Taylor Hall is lighting up the O its because he is dominant. I liked when your link showed him smacking around Tavares, good stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I agree Danny. We are in an interesting spot with two very different roads to travel.  I guess the question is can we make a run with Chara/Savvy/Thomas being the core of our team?  Or would be better suited to make several runs with Lucic/Rask/Krejci(Hall?Fowler?) being the core?  There are lots of ifs with that second group.  Will they develop to their potential?  Can Krejci be a #1 Center? Can Rask become an elite goalie? Can Lucic be the emotional leader and heart of this team?  That is what it will take even if we land Hall or Fowler.  What is certain is this no matter what is going to be an interesting season on and of the ice.  I have high hopes for the B's and despite the rough start still look forward to every game. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Listen, Taylor Hall is the real deal. I'm not saying he'll be a Crosby or Ovy but damn close.  Bruins chance are good to land the number one.  The Leafs or Bruins don't have to finish last there's a lottery.  How I wish the Bruins can be as lucky as the Pens were winning the lottery twice or was it three times ?
    Anyways I don't think our pick with will be in this lottery as I fell the Bruins will turn it around and if any of you think the Bruins will trade the number pick dream on.  Unless the Leafs wake up and come out of nowhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeefaroniBruin. Show BeefaroniBruin's posts

This team is 6-9 and sinking like a stone

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

umm, no they aren't 6-9

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sounds like you're already cashing it in Tuukka. If you think Taylor Hall is the answer to the Bruins dreams of ending there long cup drought you're mistaken.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Not cashing it at all....I still have hopes for this years team.  My initial thoughts to this season were that the youth on the team would step up and we would make a move to strengthen an already tough team.  In the first 15 games my perspective has changed a bit.  I still think we are a playoff team that can cause problems in the playoffs but right now to think we are a Cup contender seems far fetched.  Before the injury bug hit us (this season) our young guys were already playing poorly, with the exception of Rask.  For this team to be anywhere near what is was last year Lucic, Krejci and Wheeler all need to pot 20+ goals.  Lucic needs a 100+ hits and Krejci needs 70+ points.  I'm not sure any of those things will happen.  I thought that Kessel's 36 were replaceable and they are but I didn't realize is that his speed on the ice is not.  Bottom line, I see a lot more holes on this team then I thought we had.  I still see us as a 5,6,7 seed in the playoffs but not a 1 or 2 like I originally thought.

That said this was just a "what if?" thread.  Something to discuss in a rough patch in the season.  I'm still wearing my Bruins gear today and pumped for the game tonight.  In fact I just dropped $$$ on their game here in South Florida on Dec 27 and then driving over to Tampa for their game on the 28...should be awsome.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

We have not crash nor burn, this month of November will be the month the Bruins live or die. We don't have a goal scorer Ryder and Sturm are supposely our goal scorers but no show from them and no excuses. I know that when Looch/ Savy returns, and Bruins are still 50/50 then a trade will be possible for a elite goal scorer
    St. Louis or Kovalchuk i will be happy with either one. But we will need to sacrafice a first pick and prospects, so far St. Louis is having a good year. Tampa may make a big decision if they keep the same flow going. Lecavalier and St. Louis will be gone for youth. The Bruins maybe will dump off the over thirty players if they keep playing 50/50 for youth also Kovalchuk only 26 I believe Kovalchuk will be the goal scorer the Bruins will pursue. Over thirty Bruins are Savard,Chara,Sturm(NTC) personally I would give up all of these players to keep   cap space to sign Kovalchuk for oue future elite goal scorer.

I feel that the Bruins don't have the passion this year to go far but I hoping I,m wrong but?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Re: If we crash and burn...:
    Listen, Taylor Hall is the real deal. I'm not saying he'll be a Crosby or Ovy but damn close.  Bruins chance are good to land the number one.  The Leafs or Bruins don't have to finish last there's a lottery.  How I wish the Bruins can be as lucky as the Pens were winning the lottery twice or was it three times ? Anyways I don't think our pick with will be in this lottery as I fell the Bruins will turn it around and if any of you think the Bruins will trade the number pick dream on.  Unless the Leafs wake up and come out of nowhere.
    Posted by BsLegion

There is a system though for weighting the first pick. They add more balls to the lottery when you finish last. No second last placed team has ever won the first pick since this system was started.

Teams can only move up 4 spots maximum (ie. only the top 5 teams have a shot at winning the lottery) and drop no more than 1 spot. So whoever finishes last has a 48.2% off winning the draft lottery. This was last year's odd according the the NHL.

Odds of Winning the First Overall Pick

48.1% - New York Islanders
    18.8% - Tampa Bay Lightning
    14.2% - Colorado Avalanche
    10.7% - Atlanta Thrashers
    8.1% - Los Angeles Kings

Sections
Shortcuts