If you could hop into a time machine...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

If you could hop into a time machine...

If you could hop into a time machine, go back to September and whisper in Chiarelli's ear, would you tell him to let the Leafs sign Kessel and then match the offer sheet, then dump Wideman, Sturm, Ryder, Ference or whoever or would you tell him to go ahead with the trade?

Keep in mind, Phil would not be returning until November and right now it looks like the Bruins need more than one sniper to cure their sorry offensive state.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

Re: If you could hop into a time machine...

Please tell me why EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE got CONTRACT EXTENSIONS after getting upset in the second round?

p.s. if you want a hint... Jacobs was happy because the building was filled again and that was good enough for him

Playoff results dont matter, just the cash rolling in.

Now everyone is complacent, fat and lazy

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I would trade Kessel right now for that deal in a heartbeat, you don't think Toronto would do that again, do you?

And separately I would have traded Wideman and Ryder, Sturm has a NTC.

Kessel would only minimally be helping this team right now, most of his goals came against non-playoff teams and Ryder had more GWG's than him last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

Yeah BadHAB another useless point by you.

Ryder had 7 GWG last year and Kessel 6 GWG... wow what a difference. You are an agenda driven fool who no one takes seriously anymore

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Good points BadHabitude, but Looking in hindsight, it's not so much about what Ryder and Kessel had last year as about what they've offered this year. Ryder is a mess but I think a healthy Kessel playing with Savard squeaks the team into the playoffs.

I would love to know what Brian Burke is thinking right now. Personally, I wouldn't be having 2nd thoughts just yet. TO is a terrible team and when they improve, Kessel's assets will become more valuable. For now he'll be a scapegoat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

If I had a time machine, you can bet I wouldn't be thinking about Kessel at all... we got good value for him. Instead, I would have not signed some of those monster contracts... I would have said give me another year like the last or take a trade (who could we have gotten for Lucic, Krecji and Wheeler?)