If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin...

Which team would you rather go to now?  The Bruins or the Oilers?  Hall must be itching to be in a series like this Boston-Buffalo one after taking it on the chin against the Kitchener Rangers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin...

shaunk,

Have you ever watched the Oilers when they are in the playoffs...their fan base is second to no one...The fact both clubs have youth coming up in bunches would be exciting for either group.
    Hall played with Eberle at the World Juniors so they may click...Hall most definitely has noticed Savard who he would fit in the same way Kessel did.

I mentioned this a while back...these guys are 17-18 yrs old and their dreams of becoming an NHL player is something they have always wanted...they will be happy where ever they end up...

And yes both likely are watching the B's vs Sabres....but what if Boston draws Pitt and gets swept...does that mean they wouldnt wanna come here and only wanna play in Pitt? 

I think Seguin is gonna be our pick...I can see someone getting dealt b/c of our stack of centers...I have a weird feeling that Iggy could be in a Bruin uni next year....Krejci would be the headliner going the other way along with a cap hit like Wideman and a pick...
    Krejci/Wideman and the Bruins #1 pick for Iggy....would anyone do this deal...its an idea, don't shoot me...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In Response to Re: If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin...:
    Krejci/Wideman and the Bruins #1 pick for Iggy....would anyone do this deal...its an idea, don't shoot me...
    Posted by shuperman

BLAMMO!   That wasn't a little pistol, it was a bazooka!   Tongue out

I wouldn't trade a Krejci and #1 pick for Iggy, as great as he has been in his career, or any other 32 year old in the league.    A 26 or 27 year old Iggy, then yeah I'd consider that.

Iggy is going to draw a lot of interest, and is certianly worth something substantial, but I can't see trading away prime youth without factoring in age, contract cost, and how long can you keep him before he becomes a UFA.   I believe his current contract has 2 years left and he is averaging 7 million a year over the life of the 5 year contract.   Not sure how much of a cap hit there is for the next 2 seasons.

Will you pay 14 million, Krejci, Wideman and a first rounder for 2 years of Iggy?   I wouldn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wickedawesome. Show Wickedawesome's posts

why is there so much noise for Iginla?  The 7 Million per year alone is a reason to move on to another player...not in this NHL.  Just like the NFL, the new NHL requires solid player development and the willingness to let some players go in the best interest of the teams future.  Of course it would be great to have Iggy, he's a tough competitor who would probably be a huge fan favorite, I love his game, but not for 7 Mil.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'd make the move in a heartbeat, but Calgary will want more. I promise you Iggy will score at least 35 goals this year and next, especially on a good team like the B's with all their depth. Savy and Iggy would be very dangerous.
    Add in the new talent, and most of the guys back healthy, I like that team. Remember there were lots of injuries this year that really set them back.

He has a few miles on him, but then again, he hasn't gone deep into the playoffs in some time, so I think there is still a few miles left in him at a high level.

Make that trade if you can, but I doubt it will happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Doesn't really matter who we get, I do prefer Hall seeing we are solid down the middle and need a goal scoring wing and he's more of a powerforward which even better!!

Lets Go Bruins!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Lets see what you are sending
    Krejci - a 60 point centerman. Still young, and will maybe develop further, but is soft at the net.

Wideman - a good offensive Dman, with some problems defensively.

First Round Pick - #17 (usually an AHL player)

Iggy - Avg .5 goals a game in playoffs, and .4 goals a game in regular season.
    So he averages 40 goals a year. Hummmm.... One tough hombre, who fights his own battles. First line team Canada, 5 Goals in 7 Games (this year).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

I'd make the move in a heartbeat, but Calgary will want more. I promise you Iggy will score at least 35 goals this year and next, especially on a good team like the B's with all their depth. Savy and Iggy would be very dangerous. Add in the new talent, and most of the guys back healthy, I like that team. Remember there were lots of injuries this year that really set them back. He has a few miles on him, but then again, he hasn't gone deep into the playoffs in some time, so I think there is still a few miles left in him at a high level. Make that trade if you can, but I doubt it will happen.
    Posted by perrysound

before savard went to atlanta he played in calgary for a few seasons. Him and iginla never really clicked that much, his point totals in 4 seasons were 53,65,33, and 3(he was injured for 72 games in his last season)

dont be so confident that they will automatically have chemistry, it doesnt always work out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Lets see what you are sending Krejci - a 60 point centerman. Still young, and will maybe develop further, but is soft at the net. Wideman - a good offensive Dman, with some problems defensively. First Round Pick - #17 (usually an AHL player) Iggy - Avg .5 goals a game in playoffs, and .4 goals a game in regular season. So he averages 40 goals a year. Hummmm.... One tough hombre, who fights his own battles. First line team Canada, 5 Goals in 7 Games (this year).
    Posted by perrysound

You focus on the negative for Krejci, Wideman, and the pick.

How about Iggy?

Aging Rapidly
    Huge Contract
    Depleting Statistics

I would never even consider that deal and I think Krejci is a player that might get moved if we draft Seguin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

After the year Wideman had, I was being nice.
    And Krejci, at $4+ 52 points ain't that great. True he had come off a big injury, butI still don't think he's that great.

Iggy is a warrior, something the B's sadly lack. Even if he's only good for 2 years, that is enough for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]shaunk, Have you ever watched the Oilers when they are in the playoffs...their fan base is second to no one...

Don't think too highly of ourselves. Your fanbase is too small to be second to none. Nothing against Edmonton, but it is what it is.   Have you been to any of the original 6er's during the playoffs or Philly/Buffalo. It gets pretty ridiculous at all these cities.

The key word is "when" they are in the playoffs. Its a rarity, so everybody in town goes and the city gets a little crazy. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I wouldn't make that move based on the age differences and the first rounder. I think with Krejci's skill and Calgary's need to get rid of some cap space and shake things up a 1 on 1 for Iginla could do it, but I don't think that's the right choice. I think we could move Seguin and Krejci to the wing and keep Bergeron and Savard at center. I think Sobotka is proving himself to be a good 3rd line center, leaving us with a bevy of wingers. I think a Sobotka, Sturm and Recchi 3rd line would be great, after a Savard, Krejci and Lucic 1st line and a Bergeron, Seguin and Ryder 2nd line. The 4th line would be Begin (or whoever they replace him with), Thornton and Paille.

As much as I hated them in the regular season, Wideman and Ryder are playing pretty decently in this series. Ryder really took on a whole new persona when this series started, he's been leading the charge more and he'll take shots more often than not. Wideman has been making better plays and better passes, which both were the difference between the Wideman of 08-09 and the Wideman of 09-10.

I don't think we need to trade anybody, but I think if we moved a forward it would be one of Sturm, Ryder or Wheeler. Wheeler has yet to step up and play well and he'll consistently make bad plays and avoid checking. With his size the lack of hitting has no excuse. He's too talented to play a soft game, and I think if we keep him then some time in Providence is needed (regardless of his time served in Boston a trip to the minors is warranted in this situation). He needs to learn how to play tough and use his skills to his advantage (something Sobotka has learned and Marchand is well on his way to doing).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Forgot to comment on Hall/Seguin, my bad. 
    Both are immensely talented and appear to be great team players. Hall has played on a dynamic team full of talented players and has had great success in his OHL career. Seguin has been the lone diamond on the Plymouth Whaler's roster, but instead of hogging the talent he makes his teammates better and is responsible for the majority of the success Plymouth has had. 

It's going to come down to who likes being the premier player more. In Boston you'll be a big part of the team's success, but you're also competing with Savard, Chara, and now Rask as the best players on the team. In Edmonton you're the messiah, the shining light in the black hole that was the Oiler's 2009-2010 season. You're going to be looked on to carry this team back to their former glory and begin a new dynasty like that of the 1980's Oilers. So whoever likes the spotlight more will want to go to Edmonton, and whoever can buy into the team aspect more will want come here. To be perfectly honest I'm happy with either outcome. They both can score and they both appear to be team players, something that's vital to playing here. Kessel didn't want to play here and that's why he's gone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin... : You focus on the negative for Krejci, Wideman, and the pick. How about Iggy? Aging Rapidly Huge Contract Depleting Statistics I would never even consider that deal and I think Krejci is a player that might get moved if we draft Seguin.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Look at Iginla's stats profile again because there are some holes in this perspective.

Year           G-A-P    ppg gwg

01-02      52-44-96    16   7
    02-03      35-32-67    11   6

03-04      41-32-73     8   10

05-06      35-32-67    17   6
    06-07      39-55-94    13   7 

07-08      50-48-98    15   9

08-09      35-54-89    10   4

09-10      32-37-69    10   5

Prior to that three years of 94, 98, and 89 points, Iginla's only other 90ish point year was his first 50 goal year, his 6th full season in the NHL, and the year he led Calgary to the finals.  In the three following years, he scored 207 total points - which is an average of 69 points or exactly what he had this year.  His overall goal totals went down this year, but his ppg stayed the same and his gwg went up from last year.  Given all this, it's hard to say that his numbers reflect an age-related decline or any kind of predictable trend downward.  With the right centre (i.e. not Stajan), he could be a 50 goal man again in any of the next two or three years.  One thing you know for sure - Iginla's numbers vary in relation to his comfort with his centre/linemates.

Do I think he's worth Krejci, Wideman, and a pick?  Strangely, it's the inclusion of Wideman and not Krejci that makes me hesitate, because then you need to find a replacement for Wideman's skill set too, and that's not nothing.  If the Bruins draft Seguin and he or any of the top prospects is ready to contribute at a Matt Duchene-like rate, then Krejci is easier to part with.  I don't see Krejci as a scoring-title threat, so even though I'd have buyers remorse over seeing him go, I think Iginla's impact would be immediate enough to ease any pain.  I'd probably say no to this exact deal, but a deal based on Iginla for Krejci might be something I'd explore.  No offense to Krejci either - this is a gotta give to get, and Iginla in the right circumstances can still be a special player for a while.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

With all due respect to the Oiler tradition and the idea of going to a team and being the man - most of these top end kids have won since they were 4.  I'd bet a $ that most high-end prospects look at the chance to go to a playoff team and start their career on a team that could contend as a huge bonus over going to a gutted team with cap problems that will probably have to lose and lose big for three or four years before the talent level is replenished.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Last point. I want to win NOW!. Not in 3 or 4 years, and I think they have one of the best defenses in the league and just need a couple of goal scorers to round out the team. I think Iggy is good for at least 2 years, and that is all I want.

Yes, we might regret trading Krejci in a few years, but if we win soon, no one will care.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Good night, time to go home... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am one that would love Iggy...bottom line is the guy is in tremendous shape, he is consistant with no major injuries...and he gets 35+ goals a year...oh he fights his own battles, hits, PP and PK...also a team captain...yeah I would do this deal as well...Krejci is obviously the centerpiece...the 17th overall pick won't be in the league for a few yrs...and Wideman is a top 4 dman b/c of contract only...
    It helps Calgary get younger...and it helps us win now...in 3-4 yrs our prospects will be good....but Chara/Savard will be all but done...you gotta think in the next 2 yrs we have to make our best run at the cup...I say a healthy/motivated Iggy helps us reach our goal...imagine having Iggy play alongside Seguin...leadership is a quality this team lost when Yelle, Ward, Murray and Axe left...Iggy immediately gains it...

If the bruins were to win the cup b/c of that trade would you do it???  Iggy on a balanced lineup would be amazing...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I don't see Edmonton taking Hall. Thus when we get Hall, we will still need Krejci .... trade somebody else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

No no no...You draft the position you need which is a scoring threat off the wing...I keep saying it and will say it again...If you are going to trade anyone you trade for picks and to get rid of $$ to sign Kovalchuck or Kozlov. Screw the 11 million a year..Charas gone after next year anyways  so you look at this line up

Hall/Savard/Kovalchuck-Kozlov
    Lucic/Bergeron/Recchi
    Wheeler/Krecji/Ryder
    Begin/Sobotka/Colbourne-Caron

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Last point. I want to win NOW!. Not in 3 or 4 years, and I think they have one of the best defenses in the league and just need a couple of goal scorers to round out the team. I think Iggy is good for at least 2 years, and that is all I want. Yes, we might regret trading Krejci in a few years, but if we win soon, no one will care. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Good night, time to go home... 
    Posted by perrysound

Parry Sound was like a second home to me as we visited there often ( dad was born there ). Even seen Bobby Orr ( with a cast on his leg ) at a marina once when I was a kid. Bobby Orr's brother Ronny came to my grandparents place and met him. Great memories of PARRY SOUND. So when I see Perry Sound the home of Bobby Orr I just cringe and think to myself when did they change the spelling ?  Good idea for a name for these boards but you ruined it by screwing up one letter.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nashoba33. Show Nashoba33's posts

If i were tyler or taylor i would hope to be picked by the bruins lol. Well in my view I would rather go to a developed team with only one problem which is scoring leading to the Bruins. But if i got picked by the oilers i would not see myself play in the playoffs in about 5 years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nash,

When was the last time the Bruins were in the final?  The Oilers likely win the cup a 3 yrs ago if Rolie doesnt go down...Edmonton is a hockey city in Canada...don't underestimate how much these guys love playing in a hockey town...

I will be shocked if the Oilers don't take Hall...you take the best player available and Hall is that...Hall and Eberle will be on a line next year in Edmonton...write that down

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Seguin is the best player available according to the CSS.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Agreed on the statement of both players will be happy where ever they go in there NHL dream. I hope Edmonton gets there new arena that will help. Tambellini just needs to erase some of those terrible contracts that with a new arena will bode Edmonton well.

Wheeler's rights and Boston's 2010 1st is the only thing I would offer for Jerome and a 3rd team would have to be brought in to make it happen money leaving Beantown. Iginla in a Bs uniform would be awesome and don't think Jerome is done NO WAY.

PC will never part with David Krejci i believe that's why he couldn't get Kovalchuk Waddel demanded Krejci. As much as #46 frustrates me at times he's not going anywhere.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Nash, When was the last time the Bruins were in the final?  The Oilers likely win the cup a 3 yrs ago if Rolie doesnt go down...Edmonton is a hockey city in Canada...don't underestimate how much these guys love playing in a hockey town... I will be shocked if the Oilers don't take Hall...you take the best player available and Hall is that...Hall and Eberle will be on a line next year in Edmonton...write that down
    Posted by shuperman

the players may like playing there, but their wives probably don't like living there.