If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

Re: If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin...

ok, PerrySound you are pissing me off...it is purely sacrilegious to mispell Orr's home town.....fix it, it is Parry Sound!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hall would definitely want to go to the bruins. Unlike the oilers who will be in rebuild mold at least the next two to three years might depress a player like Hall who has been used to winning.  Plus he never liked the oilers , he liked the flames.

Its like a kid who has been a redsox fan all his life just finding out he was drafted by the yankees.

Seguin i don't think cares as much where he goes. He probably cares to go #1 first and formost. Edmonton would be a better fit for him though because he can be able to play his natural position.

In the end unless the bruins give up a 1st round pick in addition to the #2 pick will be drafting Seguin. I hope he can fit well with us

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

The teams ready for Hall, but Seguin wil be as fun to watch in 4 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

not to bust on your Edmonton love, but Taylor Hall said he was a Calgary fan.  Kind of ends the discussion, no?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

does nobody remember that Seguin can play both center and winger. I rather grab Hall but I wouldn't be surprised if we get Seguin and they move him to wing or maybe Bergeron to the wing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Seguin will become the better player, imo, but the Bruins would benefit from Hall's blazing speed and potent skill now, during Savy's peak years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

I went to the Oilers message boards and Oilers fans are wanting Hall just as much as Bruins fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This whole "I was a Flames fan" thing is meaningless.  Iginla's from Edmonton and that hasn't stopped him being the face of the Flames for years.  There are at least two BU guys on the NYR right now. Step one in growing up once you're an NHL player - you're not a fan of any team.  One team is your employer.  29 are the enemy.  And your employer is making you sick rich if you're Taylor Hall, so....

I suspect Edmonton takes Hall just because Seguin was late to the dance.  Hall's been the guy for a long time, and there's something to be said for knowing a guy had two years of scrutiny to show significant flaws...and didn't.  In a perfect world, though, they take Seguin for all the reasons everyone has mentioned - mainly that the Oil need a centre more than a winger and they need the guy with the highest potential even more than a guy who hits his potential in a year or two.  By the time Eberle, Magnus P-S, and their other slick prospects are hitting their stride, Seguin will be approaching his peak too.  So it's probably a question of logic vs. fear: logic says Seguin is better for the Oil by a nose, but fear says no one will ever question the decision to take Hall.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Watched both of these guys dozens of times the last two years. In my opinion there's no comparison , if Edmonton doesn't take Hall 1st it would be the biggest mistake they will have made since trading away Gretzky. Hall has shown he can change a game on a consistent basis where Seguin isn't at that level yet. Hall is more dynamic then Seguin. Also to say that one will be better than the other in 3-4 years is a statement that is just a prediction, and we all know how predictions go. RIGHT NOW Hall is the better player who has also had more success . Who would you pick based on those assumptions ? 

Just my opinion , don't shoot me.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Can't wait to have either of them in Boston!
    Did someone really suggest putting Krejci & Seguin on the wing and have Sobotka center your 3rd line? Wow... 4 solid playoff games and you want to move a future superstar (Seguin hopefully) and Krejci who is a play-making center (Not a winger) so you can have the sandpaper center? You wouldn't rather have Bergeron, Krejci & Savvy down the middle and move Seguin to the wing? Or even move bergy back to wing, but doubtful considering he wins the most faceoffs.
    Sobotka would be a great 4th line center for us.
    We also still have Colborne and Caron fighting for spots next season. Its doubtful Sobotka comes back at all next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Perrysound has disappeared. I think he is driving to Ontario to see if really does say PARRY SOUND on the welcome to PARRY SOUND sign. Dope!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Chowdahkid- You have seen both of them play dozens of times and say there is no comparison!  Why do scouts and CSS have Seguin on top and Hall 2?  If there is no comparison in your eyes, what is everyone missing?  I am not taking a shot at you just curious as to why you think he is not even close to Seguin.  We only see youtube and some of the World Junior games.  You say Hall is more dynamic, but they are dead even on pts and Seguin with more goals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

jalvis,

these kids are 18 yrs old...no wives...they don't care where they play as long as its in the NHL...sure they have their certain areas they may want to go...but most want a Canadian city b/c thats where they are from and the hockey support is bananas.  Pretend you are an 18 yr old kid from Canada and ask yourself where you would want to play...my 1st choice would be a solid organization with a history of winning.  Both the Oilers and Bruins have that...tell me Hall wouldn't be tickled to walk into Edmonton and look at the Gretzky Messier pictures and help bring a cup there.  Then you gotta think they would want a certain lifestyle...I am sure most would want LA/SanJose/Ana/Florida/TBay for the night life and sun...

But this is a job...the teams own the rights...not the players....it won't be the 1st time a Canadian kid is drafterd by the team he rooted against growing up...

Hall will be an Oiler...we are very lucky to be able to select Seguin...he is a nice quit player that will not have the same pressure to produce.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Homer your right - we def. didn't pay Savvy or Chara or overpay Thomas or pay Krejci or Bergeron... you're totally right!!
    Those days are over... get over it! Kessel is gone because she didn't want to be here and we got GREAT compensation!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

Krejci would be the headliner going the other way along with a cap hit like Wideman and a pick... Krejci/Wideman and the Bruins #1 pick for Iggy....would anyone do this deal...its an idea, don't shoot me...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I can't possibly see that as a deal. I wouldn't give up Krejci, Wideman or the Bruins #1 pick for Iggy. Let alone all three. You are kinda lucky though all I have here are my sons Nerf guns so it won't hurt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

Am I mistaken or isn't Taylor a Bobby Orr fan and I am sure he said he would love to play for the B's. He back pedaled a little when he realized exactly what he was saying. However he said it on TSN on draft lottery day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I believe Segin will have the longer and more productive career.  However, Taylor will also be productive and might be a better fit for the bRUINS.  In fact, Seguin might be a better fit for the Oilers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin...:
    Chowdahkid- You have seen both of them play dozens of times and say there is no comparison!  Why do scouts and CSS have Seguin on top and Hall 2?  If there is no comparison in your eyes, what is everyone missing?  I am not taking a shot at you just curious as to why you think he is not even close to Seguin.  We only see youtube and some of the World Junior games.  You say Hall is more dynamic, but they are dead even on pts and Seguin with more goals.
    Posted by paulyboy

pauly boy, I am no expert nor a scout so this was just my opinion . The reason why I am of this opinion is because Hall 'lifts me out of my seat' more then Seguin does . I've seen moves from Hall that I don't even see NHL players make . I just think he has more creativity then anyone else at this level in a long, long time in the OHL. The scouts, this is their jobs and they see many more games then any of us but like the old saying goes 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder". And like I've said about stats on other posts they don't tell the whole story all of the time. Saying all of that I know the chances of who the B's are going to get are probably Seguin who I think wiil do well in the NHL but my opinion is if we could get Hall Boston fans would instantly fall in love with his 'hell bent' style of play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

what i think we all forget is that tyler is a year younger then taylor so he would make canadian juniors next year he would score more then 106 next season in juniours he shoots right so we could easily move him to r.wing with savy and looch if he is that stamkos type player so its a win win the presure is on the oilers to make the right selection so we sit back and grab the one they dont select no bubbles no troubles
    Posted by ignaceontario

I think this one year older thing gets overblown a bit sometimes. Hall was born Nov.14/91 and Seguin Jan. 31/92 which is about 76 days apart. Not much of a difference if you think about it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

the real difference is that Hall has had an extra year of Juniors than Seguin. He's had an extra year of development. Imagine what Seguin would do in the OHL NEXT year...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

chowdahkid,
    I agree with you on Hall over Seguin beeing more dynamic.  Not sure on long term, but I would rather Hall right now. THe unfortunate thing is that one will end up in eastern conference and the other the western so we will not see much of the one we do not get.  All in all looking forward to it.  Thanks for your input.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I think Etem will be a better NHLer than both in terms of career. I also predicted Bure would have a better career than Lindros and my friends still can't believe I was right. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: If you're Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin... : pauly boy, I am no expert nor a scout so this was just my opinion . The reason why I am of this opinion is because Hall 'lifts me out of my seat' more then Seguin does . I've seen moves from Hall that I don't even see NHL players make . I just think he has more creativity then anyone else at this level in a long, long time in the OHL. The scouts, this is their jobs and they see many more games then any of us but like the old saying goes 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder". And like I've said about stats on other posts they don't tell the whole story all of the time. Saying all of that I know the chances of who the B's are going to get are probably Seguin who I think wiil do well in the NHL but my opinion is if we could get Hall Boston fans would instantly fall in love with his 'hell bent' style of play.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

The head of the NHL Scouting Bureau said the reason they chose Seguin over Hall was twofold: The believe Seguin will be a better player four years from now, and because Seguin is a natural center, and NHL teams build from the center position out.

That said, whoever posted earlier in this thread was correct in that Seguin (and Hall, for that matter) can play all three forward positions, as Chiarelli has said (more than once). If the Bruins do indeed get Seguin, IMHO they'll put him at wing and keep Savard, Krejci, Bergeron and Sobotka at center. I'd put those four  up against any other four centers in the NHL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Sobotka still gets screwed if he has to play with 4th liners. He has showed in the minors and playoffs if he's given the chance to play with decent wingers he can be a productive center. He would be a good 3rd line center on a checking line. 

Sections
Shortcuts