Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Iginla

I still say move Savard, Wideman, and put Ryder in the minors, then pick up Iginla.  Maybe even see if Calgary would take Savard, Wideman and Wheeler for Iginla.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Re: Iginla

In Response to Iginla:
    I still say move Savard, Wideman, and put Ryder in the minors, then pick up Iginla.  Maybe even see if Calgary would take Savard, Wideman and Wheeler for Iginla.
    Posted by everyname

No.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No need to bother Calgary with that.  Why not send the same package to LA for Kopitar, Doughty, Frolov and their next seven first round picks?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iginla isn't coming here...and they already had Savard...Calgary wants to get younger...not add a set up man with no one to pass to...and they already are up against the cap as well so why would they wanna take on 10 million in players?

Small moves is what the Bruins need...I have already mentioned this.

Goal- is set unless they can move TT for a player(scoring winger).  If they can do that we will need a backup that can play 20-30 games.
    Defense- is set and needs no upgrades. Must keep one of Boychuck or Stuart. 
    Fwds- room to add one or 2 depth fwds that could come in and add a little scoring and checking.  Asham and someone. 

I don't have an issue with putting Ryder in the minors...

My one proposed deal would be this.  And it may not work on a money front.
    Chicago- gets TT/Stuarts rights and or Toronto's 2nd rounder.
    Boston- gets Sharp and Huet.  We send Huet to the minors. 

I bet the Leafs make a deal with them for Sharp...they send Sharp and Huet to Toronto of Kaberle.  Huet goes to the farm and thus both teams trade from an area of strength and makes the Hawks very scarey...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Huet is not that bad a goalie. He got worked out of a job the last two years. He was bested by Buhlin last year & Niemi this year. Given the price tag I would rather have Huet at 5.6 mill & 34 years of age than Timmy. He has no hip problems either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Iginla:
    My one proposed deal would be this.  And it may not work on a money front. Chicago- gets TT/Stuarts rights and or Toronto's 2nd rounder. Boston- gets Sharp and Huet.  We send Huet to the minors.  I bet the Leafs make a deal with them for Sharp...they send Sharp and Huet to Toronto of Kaberle.  Huet goes to the farm and thus both teams trade from an area of strength and makes the Hawks very scarey...
    Posted by shuperman

No chance the B's eat Huet's $6M deal.  However, if this deal went through, the Bruins would then have to get another goaltender.  If Rask falters (which he certainly might), the team is up the creek.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

everyname...are you out of your mind ????  I would'nt even trade Wheeler one on one for Iginla ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cgy100530.html

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/calgary-flames/Jarome+Iginla+says+happy+stay+Calgary/3125692/story.html

Nice to think about Jerome eating up the Eastern Conference with Savard but taint gonna happen says Flames president. That would have been marketing, season ticket holder nightmare for Calgary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

everyname...are you out of your mind ????  I would'nt even trade Wheeler one on one for Iginla ....
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I would trade Weeker and Ryder along with the first draft pick out of Quebec (in honor of Montreal psuedo championships of the 50s) for Iginla, oh well, time to wake up! Keep the picks was my motto a few months ago and now I am reviving it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Guys I know my proposal was loonie...but in order to get better we may have to try a contract like that...I actually am in favor of signing depth guys...if a deal can be struck for TT and we land a top 6 fwd(winger) we are laughing.  We then find a cheap goalie in the UFA pool(and there are lots) and we add a depth guy like Asham and we are ready to rock...
    This year and next years drafts completely turn this franchise around...

I was just thinking outside the box with the Huet/Sharp deal....its gonna take a creative move like that to make them deal with us...and I agree with NOT, 6 million on the farm is too much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Just my opinion, but I don't think the hawks let Sharp go anywhere.
    They do have other options.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Huet is not that bad a goalie. He got worked out of a job the last two years. He was bested by Buhlin last year & Niemi this year. Given the price tag I would rather have Huet at 5.6 mill & 34 years of age than Timmy. He has no hip problems either.
    Posted by soups-7

Did you eat paint chips when you were a kid?

Did your parents ever ask you to run away from home?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Iginla isn't coming here...and they already had Savard...Calgary wants to get younger...not add a set up man with no one to pass to...and they already are up against the cap as well so why would they wanna take on 10 million in players? Small moves is what the Bruins need...I have already mentioned this. Goal- is set unless they can move TT for a player(scoring winger).  If they can do that we will need a backup that can play 20-30 games. Defense- is set and needs no upgrades. Must keep one of Boychuck or Stuart.  Fwds- room to add one or 2 depth fwds that could come in and add a little scoring and checking.  Asham and someone.  I don't have an issue with putting Ryder in the minors... My one proposed deal would be this.  And it may not work on a money front. Chicago- gets TT/Stuarts rights and or Toronto's 2nd rounder. Boston- gets Sharp and Huet.  We send Huet to the minors.  I bet the Leafs make a deal with them for Sharp...they send Sharp and Huet to Toronto of Kaberle.  Huet goes to the farm and thus both teams trade from an area of strength and makes the Hawks very scarey...
    Posted by shuperman

Hey Shupe, out of all the trade talks. This one actually makes the most sense.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405012-kaberle-to-new-jersey-whats-the-return
    Also, Chicago is apparently planning on not even trying to move Huet at all anymore. Bowman has given up on it & plans on shipping him to the minors. They're not even going to try & buy him out.
    This is from NHL HOME ICE this AM- Called the NHL in 90 seconds.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

shuperman, TT would not waive his NTC/NMC for chicago. It would be extremely unlikely to see TT taking the #1 away from niemi. TT doesnt want to spend his last 3-5 years being a backup. He wants to start, I think he wouldnt even mind going to a team like atlanta/tampa who need a good starting goalie. TT wants to start not go to chi and backup another finnish goalie

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

shuperman, TT would not waive his NTC/NMC for chicago. It would be extremely unlikely to see TT taking the #1 away from niemi. TT doesnt want to spend his last 3-5 years being a backup. He wants to start, I think he wouldnt even mind going to a team like atlanta/tampa who need a good starting goalie. TT wants to start not go to chi and backup another finnish goalie
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Anything else you guys talked about at dinner last night?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Ok, I am officially getting a bit bored with the "trade for Iginla" rumour du jour thread...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Calgary GM (CGM) to PC...
    CGM: So you want Iginla PC.
    PC: Yeah, what will it take?
    CGM: He's yours for Krejci, Lucic, Colborne, the rights to Wheeler, and pick #15.
    PC: Let me think about it.
    CGM to his assistant weeks later: I wonder whats taking PC so long to return my calls!   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Enough talk about Iginla. His salary alone would prevent the Bruins from adding younger talent.  Iginla is also past his prime and would not really help the Bruins. The Bruins need a young scoring winger that they can develop and need the cap space.  With Iginla's salary, they would be able to possibly sign two wingers.

Do not trade for him and do not trade for Jason Spezza as has been rumored on many sites recently.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Calgary GM (CGM) to PC... CGM: So you want Iginla PC. PC: Yeah, what will it take? CGM: He's yours for Krejci, Lucic, Colborne, the rights to Wheeler, and pick #15. PC: Let me think about it. CGM to his assistant weeks later: I wonder whats taking PC so long to return my calls!     
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Calgary's GM name is Darryl Sutter for future reference.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And he stole NOT work on a previous post...immitation is the best form of something...haha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just my opinion, but I don't think the hawks let Sharp go anywhere. They do have other options.Posted by biggskye

Agreed I would not give up Sharp nor Versteeg or Byfuglien. Bowman will earn every penny this summer!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Sharp is going to get moved for a 2nd round pick at some point, or a very low first rounder. I just hope its for the 45th pick
    Posted by pbergeron37

You think PB? that seems a bit low, I don't know enough about these things though. Why are you so sure about the 2nd rounder?

Sections
Shortcuts