I'm not at all unhappy...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anacanapana. Show anacanapana's posts

I'm not at all unhappy...

I'd be happier if the bad contracts (Ryder, Thomas, Wideman) had been gotten rid of but ... Here's what we got, IMO:

1. This sends a message to the players and to CJ and the message is that the onus is on you! Play better and coach better! You've got 20 games (and more if you play well) to show management and fans that you are the guys of last year, not the guys of this year. Do it! And do it now! Show us who you really are. Don't expect to get bailed out by a management team who'll coddle you and say, "Don't worry. You've underacheived, but we'll send away the team's future (great picks) to bolster you up with rental players." You're not basketball players; you're not baseball players; you're hockey players. Man up!

This is essentially the same team as last year without the +/- of Kessel (IMO, a HUGE negative in terms of neutral zone/own zone play and a HUGE negative in terms of team chemistry, but let's not go there again). Management now gets the rest of this season to see who wants it and who doesn't. Every player, and I mean EVERY PLAYER, had better grasp the concept that they're playing for their future here.

2. Which brings us to - the off season. PC will know after April 11th exactly who is to be the core of this team going forward. Make trades and make cuts. Eat some salary if need be, but cut the deadwood and move forward to ...

3.  The draft. As I'm not particularly confident that this group will play better, look to the picks on draft day. With two in the top 7 or 8 (and I believe that both of those should make the B's out of camp) there's a great chance to remold this team. I'm excited to see if one of those two forwards can be "The Next One". If he's gonna be, I want him to be a Bruin.

4.  and last but not least, us fans. We all agree it needs fixing, right? So grow a pair and stop your whining. I've been waiting almost 40 years. Did you really think as of a month ago or more that this team was gonna win the Cup? Didn't think so.

Move forward!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Re: I'm not at all unhappy...

Well said! you have basically said everything I wanted to say. Reading all the whining and carrying on in this site shows me why I hear people say how much they hate Bruin fans. I'll love the Bruins till the day I die through the good and bad but I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to hate other Bruin fans. anacanapana, you are an exception.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

even if we got hall and sequin they are not making team next yr they need more time sequin couldnt even make world jr team!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

In Response to Re: I'm not at all unhappy...:
    even if we got hall and sequin they are not making team next yr they need more time sequin couldnt even make world jr team!
    Posted by bruins8

your an idiot seguin was hurt. Both hall or seguin would make next years roster. But with our luck, well pass on one of them and take fowler

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

In Response to Re: I'm not at all unhappy...:
    Posted by bruins8

neither did drew doughty 2 years ago. Would you take him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

I'm a Bruins fan and we have every right to whine and moan, we should after a good season llike the last one, only to end up th a steaming pile of disappointment and underperformance. I don't pretend to know much about the upcoming draft, but I'd be surprised if any of our high draft picks amount to much next season...I hope I'm wrong, so it makes me wonder what we're playing for, certainly not this year, I don't expect next, then what, 2 yrs from now? I read here earlier, at some point you need to play for today....

How do you get excited about a club that went from top in the league over to rebuilding phase the very next season? I credit anyone that does, I wish I could...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

totally agree with this post, my only thought on the Seidenberg deal is 1. is he signed for next year? and what kind of prospect was it?  if it's a decent prospect and seidenberg is on board for another year at that cap hit then good trade, if not, then why in heck make it at this point.

Still think we should have sent Recchi to a contender for another good pick and kept that mindset you mentioned about taking ownership among the vets and youth left here.

ah well, spilled milk now.