Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why?

I'm going quality over quantity this year.  Up in the cheap seats last year some bonehead went by the usher and stood right in fron of me on Krecji's penalty shot, he moved out of the way just as I was going to swat him.  Freakin bonehead.  Too much riff raff in the upper deck.

So I'm only going to 2 games this year, going with quality over quantity and I'm going to sit in as good as seats as I can afford.

I'm going to the Leafs twice, and I hope to see Kessel and Komiserak catch beatings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why?

Nov. 6 vs. St. Louis - Sobotka's return.

Other than that, we'll see. I generally go to four or five per year. I like to sit around 15 seats up, behind the net, because it offers a great look at plays developing.

Hopefully I'll get to a few P-Bruins games as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why?:
    [QUOTE]Nov. 6 vs. St. Louis - Sobotka's return. Other than that, we'll see. I generally go to four or five per year. I like to sit around 15 seats up, behind the net, because it offers a great look at plays developing. Hopefully I'll get to a few P-Bruins games as well.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I like behind the goal seats as well, it is certainly the best place to sit to evaluate goalies, and certainly watch plays develop.  Problem is its hard to see what's going on at the other end sometimes.

While on this subject, I was going to buy the tickets thru ticketmaster, is that about the best I can do for prices?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why? : I like behind the goal seats as well, it is certainly the best place to sit to evaluate goalies, and certainly watch plays develop.  Problem is its hard to see what's going on at the other end sometimes. While on this subject, I was going to buy the tickets thru ticketmaster, is that about the best I can do for prices?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

If you join up for the Bruins' CyBear Club, you can get some deals. They're having a pre-sale Thursday, and they'll send out notices when they have specials. You can sign up at their website. The other good way to get a price break is to buy a five- or 10-game "miniplan" - I would but my work schedule makes it practically impossible. I had to request Nov. 6 as a day off.

You've probably also heard of their three-game packages that they sell around the holidays. That works out to a fairly good price, relatively speaking.

If you can't get tickets through Ticketmaster (in other words, if it's sold out), or if you want to try finding a better price, you can check the usual places like Ace or StubHub or Craigslist; sometimes you can get lucky, especially if it's close to game day. If you have to make plans way ahead of time (I usually do), it can be difficult.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

gonna see them one game in October and then on Nov 22 in tampa while im there. after that who knows

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]If you want to save some cash on B's tickets and not pay the box office price and all of the Ticketmaster charges, email me at dantefratto@gmail.com I have 4 balcony seats for almost all home games.
    Posted by DanteFratto[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dante, I appreciate that, but the balcony and 4 tix wouldn't work for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why? : If you join up for the Bruins' CyBear Club, you can get some deals. They're having a pre-sale Thursday, and they'll send out notices when they have specials. You can sign up at their website. The other good way to get a price break is to buy a five- or 10-game "miniplan" - I would but my work schedule makes it practically impossible. I had to request Nov. 6 as a day off. You've probably also heard of their three-game packages that they sell around the holidays. That works out to a fairly good price, relatively speaking. If you can't get tickets through Ticketmaster (in other words, if it's sold out), or if you want to try finding a better price, you can check the usual places like Ace or StubHub or Craigslist; sometimes you can get lucky, especially if it's close to game day. If you have to make plans way ahead of time (I usually do), it can be difficult.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did, the cybear club and I'm going to buy my tix today at noon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I'm going to purchase tix for opening night against the Caps.  I take a friend who is a huge Ovie fan - I took him last year too and he got a puck!  Anyway, I'm taking an early lunch and walking to the Garden to get some tix.  Good idea duinne to get tix for 11/6 - would love to see Sabotka's return

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

OMG, I am an on/off season ticket holder for 20 years. Would of been on all the time, but money was tight at times as it is this year.

The Tixs I paid $62 for a season tix holder 2 years ago, just cost me $135 a piece for a game!!!!   This building will be boring and quiet soon AGAIN at these prices!!!  This isn't Montreal where there is nowhere else warm to go in the winter, I will watch on TV for those prices. 

I was planning on taking my niece/nephew to a game, but nixed that. These prices are higher than the world cup finals. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

I'm going at the Garden oct. 23 vs NY Rangers.

Why ? I hate NY Rangers and I want to see a B's player crash Avery !

My seat is behind NY goal   Row 18 in Loge 6 !

I can't wait !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I'll likely be going both times the B's come here to face the Islanders. I'll try to get to a game at MSG since my brother is a Rangers fan, and I'll try and get to a Saturday afternoon game in Boston or the game before the Wives' Carnival (if they have it this year).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Might have to take 2 days off Jet Blue it in for Oct. 21st Caps then the Blueshirts on Saturday the 23rd tantalizing.

I usually sit in section 8 or 9. About 10 to 12 rows up Bruins shoot in the 1st and 3rd. http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/boston_bruins/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]OMG, I am an on/off season ticket holder for 20 years. Would of been on all the time, but money was tight at times as it is this year. The Tixs I paid $62 for a season tix holder 2 years ago, just cost me $135 a piece for a game!!!!   This building will be boring and quiet soon AGAIN at these prices!!!  This isn't Montreal where there is nowhere else warm to go in the winter, I will watch on TV for those prices.  I was planning on taking my niece/nephew to a game, but nixed that. These prices are higher than the world cup finals. 
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

I went to several games last year and each time my ears were ringing. If the building becomes boring and quiet it will be because of the quality of the team, not the ticket prices.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

My wife and I live near Toronto and I think we're going to spend our anniversary in Boston in early March. We want to go to the game aginst the Penguins on Sat. Mar. 5. Question: Never been to Boston before. Should we buy tix as soon as they go on sale, meaning tomorrow, because they sell out fast, or can we wait and get them closer to gameday?

Really looking forward to seeing what I hear is a very nice city and seeing my beloved Bruins live at the Garden for the very first time. Can't wait. Let's go Bruins!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Might have to take 2 days off Jet Blue it in for Oct. 21st Caps then the Blueshirts on Saturday the 23rd tantalizing. I usually sit in section 8 or 9. About 10 to 12 rows up Bruins shoot in the 1st and 3rd. http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/boston_bruins/
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Too soon for me decide but that's not a bad idea Saturday the 23rd,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I have a 10 game plan plus i go to the 2 pittsburgh pens games

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Hey, guys!

Haven't posted here in a while. I'm in college and my 1st class is at 11:30 and tix go on sale at 11. What's the best website to go to to order tickets online?

Thanks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, guys! Haven't posted here in a while. I'm in college and my 1st class is at 11:30 and tix go on sale at 11. What's the best website to go to to order tickets online? Thanks!
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

I did the cybear thing and got my tickets yesterday which I'm led to believe is the 'official' ticket outlet for the Bruins, it ends up being ticketmaster.

I got 2 Leafs games  (Please please please give us a #1 draft pick, please), I'm in the loge, section 21 row 11 and section 22 row 18 and paid $162  (all costs included) for each of the seats.

That sounds like a good price considering the people in front of me not too far are at $215 a ticket.  I think.

Was I ripped off or not?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanteFratto. Show DanteFratto's posts

Hockguy, if you want better prices than Ticketmaster, email me at dantefratto@gmail.com with what games your looking for.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I don't have season tickets but here are the games I'd like to get tickets the most today
    Kings-11/20
    Caps-Season opener and on 12/18Flyers-12/11
    Pens-1/15
    Sabres-1/20
    Sharks-2/5
    Habs-2/9
    Pens-3/5
    Habs-3/24

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I don't have season tickets but here are the games I'd like to get tickets the most today Kings-11/20 Caps-Season opener and on 12/18Flyers-12/11 Pens-1/15 Sabres-1/20 Sharks-2/5 Habs-2/9 Pens-3/5 Habs-3/24

I notice the tickets are already on sale, doesn't sound like you have to wait until 11 a.m.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Facing the bruins B at center ice, with the B right side up, the Bruins shoot at the goal to the right twice, correct?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanteFratto. Show DanteFratto's posts

B's shoot twice in the end near Loge 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldRaspy. Show OldRaspy's posts

Just a tip- if you can go without a beer during the period, balcony tix for the big games are available in the family section. Otherwise, the balcony is pretty much sold out.

[QUOTE]I don't have season tickets but here are the games I'd like to get tickets the most today Kings-11/20 Caps-Season opener and on 12/18Flyers-12/11 Pens-1/15 Sabres-1/20 Sharks-2/5 Habs-2/9 Pens-3/5 Habs-3/24

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]My wife and I live near Toronto and I think we're going to spend our anniversary in Boston in early March. We want to go to the game aginst the Penguins on Sat. Mar. 5. Question: Never been to Boston before. Should we buy tix as soon as they go on sale, meaning tomorrow, because they sell out fast, or can we wait and get them closer to gameday? Really looking forward to seeing what I hear is a very nice city and seeing my beloved Bruins live at the Garden for the very first time. Can't wait. Let's go Bruins!!
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

You can buy them now and be secure, or you can gamble and wait until closer to the game. The better the team is playing, of course, the more in demand the tickets will be, but unless they're utterly horrible (which I doubt), they'll probably be "officially" sold out as the game approaches.

Of course, that doesn't mean you won't be able to get tickets, through Ace, StubHub or what have you. Tickets are always going to be available, even if you have to find a scalper hanging around North Station.

FWIW, I've used Ace in the past couple of years and gotten loge seats that are pretty much the same price as what the Bruins sell them for. They have an outlet right across the street from the Garden so you can pick them up right before the game.

Have fun! Figured out where you're staying yet? Other things to see/do?

Sections
Shortcuts