Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why?

I live in Hamilton and a few of us plan on flying down to Boston on 03/24/10. We are going to order tickets for that night against the Habs and Saturdays afternoon tilt with the Blueshirts. If we order tickets on monday will we be safe? If not I gotta start kickin the tires.

I cant wait to get to the Garden and actually be with my own kind. Im tired of the ACC in Toronto, beers are 13 bucks, seats are expensive and we have to listen to the fans (very delusional) sorry LRH

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Individual game tix on sale - you buying? which games, why?:
    [QUOTE]I live in Hamilton and a few of us plan on flying down to Boston on 03/24/10. We are going to order tickets for that night against the Habs and Saturdays afternoon tilt with the Blueshirts. If we order tickets on monday will we be safe? If not I gotta start kickin the tires.   I cant wait to get to the Garden and actually be with my own kind. Im tired of the ACC in Toronto, beers are 13 bucks, seats are expensive and we have to listen to the fans (very delusional) sorry LRH
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]

I'd get the tickets as soon as I could.  I'm sure you would be able to buy tickets on Monday, but you won't get best available in that ticket price range. That's my impression, I was surprised at how many seats were gone for the leafs game, loge middle and end Bruins shoot against were gone yesterday.

Also one friend of mine and an earlier post (believe it was Sandog) is also going to Rangers & Habs, for whatever reason, that sounds like it's going to be a popular couple of game to go to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Thanks BadHab, I will take your advice and hopefully order tonight.

Cheers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mish11133. Show Mish11133's posts

I got my tickets yesterday for 10/21-Caps, and 11/11-Habs so far.  I think I might take OldRaspy's suggestion and try to get tickets after the first period.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Thanks for the ticket info, Duinne. Not sure yet where we'll stay. We usually prefer B & Bs over big hotels. I know the city has a rich military history. I've heard very nice things about Boston. I think we'll enjoy it a great deal. And it'll be nice to have other people around me cheering when the Bruins score for a change. Usually when I see them it's in Toronto and I'm surrounded by Leafs fans.

Do you know of any good restaurants or must-see sights for tourists?

Cheers. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the ticket info, Duinne. Not sure yet where we'll stay. We usually prefer B & Bs over big hotels. I know the city has a rich military history. I've heard very nice things about Boston. I think we'll enjoy it a great deal. And it'll be nice to have other people around me cheering when the Bruins score for a change. Usually when I see them it's in Toronto and I'm surrounded by Leafs fans. Do you know of any good restaurants or must-see sights for tourists? Cheers. 
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

We usually go the B&B route as well. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a good spot in Boston.

There are a ton of must-see sights, of course, though a lot depends on what interests you. Boston is certainly chockful of history, and being a history buff myself, I'd recommend walking the Freedom Trail (Paul Revere's house, Old North Church, the USS Constitution, etc.). But be warned - it's long and can be tiring, and the weather certainly could be a factor that time of year.

There are, of course, plenty of museums - art, science, etc. - if that's more your thing.

I'd recommend a Duck Tour but alas I think the boats are shut down in the winter.  :-(

If you really want to do the geeky touristy thing, visit the Prudential Center and check out the view from the observation deck (hope for a clear day!). 

The North End (conveniently, the Garden location) is restaurant heaven, with a heavy emphasis on Italian. Some other folks can probably help you more in that department - we usually just go the pizza route when we're in the city. ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the ticket info, Duinne. Not sure yet where we'll stay. We usually prefer B & Bs over big hotels. I know the city has a rich military history. I've heard very nice things about Boston. I think we'll enjoy it a great deal. And it'll be nice to have other people around me cheering when the Bruins score for a change. Usually when I see them it's in Toronto and I'm surrounded by Leafs fans. Do you know of any good restaurants or must-see sights for tourists? Cheers. 

Fanuel Hall marketplace - junk food heaven.
    Harvard Square for people watching.
    The aquarium if you're into fish.
    There's a contemporary art museum that I hated, but the building is pretty cool, it extends out over the water.
    For more hockey, there's BC, BU and Northeastern, Harvard a step below that.
    Shubert and Wang theatre, you'll just have to see what's going on at the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

duinne & BadHabitude - thanks a million to both of you. This helps us out. Always nice to get recommendations from those who know the area, i.e. locals. It will be nice to see the Garden in person after seeing it on TV so many times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]duinne & BadHabitude - thanks a million to both of you. This helps us out. Always nice to get recommendations from those who know the area, i.e. locals. It will be nice to see the Garden in person after seeing it on TV so many times.

Hey Chara, I live in St.Catharines Ont. & I am going there for the March 3rd game against Tampa Bay & the march 5th game against Pittsburgh. I have been there many times. i love the city, I feel like a local when Im there. Maybe we can meet up. I think I can help you out with places to stay at an affordable rate. I have a good connection with a manager at a Howard Johnson's hotel. Here is my email, would love to hear from you.  jpcosco@cogeco.ca  Joe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GahdenBoy. Show GahdenBoy's posts

Boys, if you're interested or know anybody else that is, I got tickets for the Bruins vs St. Louis Blues (10-11-06) and Bruins vs Los Angeles Kings (10-11-20) for sale...tickets are located in Loge 4 Row 24 (End where the B's Shoot Twice)...my e-mail is marco_bianconero@hotmail.com or gino.c@sympatico.ca...let me know if you're interested

Sections
Shortcuts