Interesting Savard Fact

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Interesting Savard Fact

Checking out the Hockey News yearbook for this season. Apparently, Savard has scored the 15th most amount of points in the league since the lockout. Also, of those 15, he has played in the 2nd least amount of games. What do you guys think of this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Interesting Savard Fact

Fantastic. During this period: How many Cups - 0; Finals appearances - 0; Conference final appearances - 0; First place overall - 0; Scoring titles - 0; Too many men on ice penalties - 1. Priceless!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Umm wheatskins you left out a bunch of other things that were all Marc Savard's fault what stopped you ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting Savard Fact:
    [QUOTE]Umm wheatskins you left out a bunch of other things that were all Marc Savard's fault what stopped you ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It MUST be Savard's fault the Bruins haven't won a Cup yet. In fact, the best thing for the Bruins to do would be to get rid of a point-per-game player without whom the Power Play virtually ceases to exist. Power plays are overrated anyway, right?

yes, Marc Savard is the reason the Bruins didn't hoist the Cup last year or any year since he's been with the team.

Here are a list of other players who prevented the Bruins from winning the Cup (and good thing we got rid of them, too:)

Joe Thornton
    Jason Allison
    Adam Oates
    Bill Guerin
    Sergei Gonchar
    Mike Knuble

There are others, I'm sure I'm forgetting...but one thing's for sure: Talent sure is a waste to keep around Boston. Good thing there are smart fans out there who know who's to blame for a 38-year Cup drought. Let's get Wayne Primeau and Jeff Odgers back! Because, you know, it's "grit" and "heart" that wins Stanley Cups...not talent!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Savard Fact : Exactly. It MUST be Savard's fault the Bruins haven't won a Cup yet. In fact, the best thing for the Bruins to do would be to get rid of a point-per-game player without whom the Power Play virtually ceases to exist. Power plays are overrated anyway, right? yes, Marc Savard is the reason the Bruins didn't hoist the Cup last year or any year since he's been with the team. Here are a list of other players who prevented the Bruins from winning the Cup (and good thing we got rid of them, too:) Joe Thornton Jason Allison Adam Oates Bill Guerin Sergei Gonchar Mike Knuble There are others, I'm sure I'm forgetting...but one thing's for sure: Talent sure is a waste to keep around Boston. Good thing there are smart fans out there who know who's to blame for a 38-year Cup drought. Let's get Wayne Primeau and Jeff Odgers back! Because, you know, it's "grit" and "heart" that wins Stanley Cups...not talent!
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

you forgot Phil Kessel

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from macdogcharm. Show macdogcharm's posts

is wheatskins a moron????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Also Orr.

Another Sav fact led the team in PP points despite playing only 41 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Umm wheatskins you left out a bunch of other things that were all Marc Savard's fault what stopped you ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Please read carefully. Nowhere in my post does it say that Marc Savard was the fault.

But, you would think that someone with his elite scoring ability should have led us somewhere. Do you not agree?

And don't forget, another amongst those elite is Joe Thornton. He led us nowhere and is doing the same for San Jose.

Remember, I said that they should have led us somewhere, not that it is their fault. In the final analysis, they are not leaders, both Savard and Thornton. They are merely players that put up good numbers to earn big bucks and win nothing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kwhopp. Show kwhopp's posts

1st place not long ago

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Ovechkin hasn't led the Caps to anything except one Presdient's trophy. And the Bruins only lost out on one by a single point to SJ. Someone with OV's elite scoring ability should have led the Caps somewhere. Do you not agree?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"They are merely players that put up good numbers to earn big bucks and win nothing."

All players on a team must converge and with a little luck teams put it together for the grinding cup run. As a sports fan you cannot place blame on one player not Buckner, not Johnny Pesky, Jackie Slater, not Ralph Branca because without the fore-mentioned players those teams wouldn't have gotten there without the scapegoats teams together choke as a whole.

If Savard doesn't click with Horton and Nathan does click with Krejci Marc will be gone sooner than I'd like then your wish will come true Wheatskins. Until then Marc gets his shot whether you like it or not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Please stop comparing Savard & Ovechkin. The only thing they have in common is no cups. They are completely different players. Savard is on the downside of his career. He is still is productive, but he is getting older and may be starting to become injury prone. He is a center who looks to pass first and is good on the power play. He is also soft & acted horribly after his mistake that resulted in the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty. Savy can help this team for another few years, but his days as #1 center are numbered. Ovechkin is a power forward, who hits everything, sometimes to a fault. He is a goal scorer who takes a ton of shots and is still a young player coming into his prime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

[QUOTE]Please stop comparing Savard & Ovechkin. The only thing they have in common is no cups. They are completely different players. Savard is on the downside of his career. He is still is productive, but he is getting older and may be starting to become injury prone. He is a center who looks to pass first and is good on the power play. He is also soft & acted horribly after his mistake that resulted in the too-many-men-on-the-ice penalty. Savy can help this team for another few years, but his days as #1 center are numbered. Ovechkin is a power forward, who hits everything, sometimes to a fault. He is a goal scorer who takes a ton of shots and is still a young player coming into his prime.
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

We weren't comparing the two by what you say. We compared them by Wheatskins' analysis of Savard's time here. The only thing Ovechkin has led the Caps to so far is a President's Trophy. I agree with your analysis, and that would be a better argument against Savard. It's not comparable to one of the best players in the world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Savard Fact : Alexander Ovechkin has 0 cups, so by your logic the caps should trade him instantly right?
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

No! Ovechkin is still young. He has time on his side to lead the Capitals to something.

Savard is not young and his time is up. And Master T is waiting in the wings ready to take the torch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

Blackandgold24,

I like the way you started this post. Good work on showing something positive!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Whatskins cracks me up.

Heres a fact, Savard is a heck of a player who gets a lot of points. Which means so do his teamates.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Whatskins cracks me up. Heres a fact, Savard is a heck of a player who gets a lot of points. Which means so do his teamates.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

It's Wheatskins. Not Whatskins.

Joe Thornton got a lot of points. And so did his teammate Glen Murray. And so did teammate Jonathan Cheecho.

What did it get them: Big contracts. Nothing else. Murray and Cheecho are no longer around and still getting paid. Not bad.

Savard got a lot of points. So did his teammate Phil Kessel. What did they get: Big contracts. Kessel in Toronto and Savard a deal that will be voided.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Neely and Bourque didn't win the Cup, so let's un-retire their numbers.
    A couple of bums!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Neely and Bourque didn't win the Cup, so let's un-retire their numbers. A couple of bums!!!!
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

They lacked a supporting cast. Due entirely to Harry's penny-pinching.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]Fantastic. During this period: How many Cups - 0; Finals appearances - 0; Conference final appearances - 0; First place overall - 0; Scoring titles - 0; Too many men on ice penalties - 1. Priceless!
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

You could say the same for Bergeron, Chara and Claude Julien for starters.
    Oh yeah, and I'm not sure who "master T" is, but if you mean Seguin, How did he do for championships, for his team - and team Canada ? Seguin would have to go a long, long way before he could ever equal Savard's career numbers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm not at all shocked. Had he been healthy last season he'd have been higher.

In Response to Interesting Savard Fact:
    [QUOTE]Checking out the Hockey News yearbook for this season. Apparently, Savard has scored the 15th most amount of points in the league since the lockout. Also, of those 15, he has played in the 2nd least amount of games. What do you guys think of this?
    Posted by BlackandGold24[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

This just proves something we all know, savard pust up points.. it shouldn't be a suprise he is in the top 10-15 in scoring every season, that kind of consistancy would put him in the top 15..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Savard Fact : You could say the same for Bergeron, Chara and Claude Julien for starters. Oh yeah, and I'm not sure who "master T" is, but if you mean Seguin, How did he do for championships, for his team - and team Canada ? Seguin would have to go a long, long way before he could ever equal Savard's career numbers.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Savard is 33 right now, I believe. He has played 782 games and has 696 points.

I say Master T passes Savard's totals in 8 years or less. He will be 26 years old when he does it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Savard Fact : Savard is 33 right now, I believe. He has played 782 games and has 696 points. I say Master T passes Savard's totals in 8 years or less. He will be 26 years old when he does it.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

that might be  a little bit lofty even if Seguin turns out to be the real deal, figure 45points as a rook, 65 as a soph just to adjust.. that would put him at 98 points for the next 6 years, I think only 3 players in the nhl currently have done something to that affect.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Savard Fact :                     you forgot Phil Kessel
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]

And by that twisted logic, Ray Bourque, Cam Neely, Rick Middleton, and Terry O'Reilly.