Is julien the right man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

Is julien the right man

i see julien and a lot of  the fans and pretty much the reporters for the globe have decided the scapegoat this year should be Tim Thomas .   Lets look at some facts .
    every team in the league in the third period throws in 2 forecheckers . Fact julien does not know how to coach around this we seen it in the playoffs last year .
    and also much of this year. fact julien is stubborn example  with one of the worst power plays in the NHL .we extend our power play coach his contract ( why). 
    Facts about rask this is not to say he has not done a great job . but he has only beaten one playoff team fact toronto scored 2 goals in the third and rang a shot off the post  with rask flopping around like a beached whale. thank the hockey fairies on that one. Hes been mighty lucky as the team has falters on him in the third period also. believe me i am happy with both goaltenders . but we are a bunch of average horses playing against a league of thorobreds . people go on and on about a goal tim let in when he only alllows 2 goals and we get outshot 37 to 27. and believe me most of our shooters couldn't dent a marshmellow. they are not bad players but they are not awesome
    lets look at our shooters
    bitz highest college goaltotal 6 on the first line
    wheeler at best 25 goal man
     sturm 25 goal man still maybe
    ryder 30 goal man best sniper we have but certainly does not control or make or brake a game.
     thorton not there to score goals
    so we go get piet a good skater but has no hands .
     if you ask me julien blames the goalie after eveyloss does he ever take credit for a loss he should its his team and his coaching .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: Is julien the right man

When has Julien ever blamed a goalie for a loss? So in just over 2 years, we went from last place... to first in the division.. and we are still looking good thru an injury filled season, and you wanna throw Julien under the bus? This team has a big lack of goal scoring.. which is there biggest flaw.. defensively and goaltending they have been sound. I thought they would get more production out of these guys, but its just not happening. Julien can't finish the goals for them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

In Response to Re: Is julien the right man:
    [QUOTE]When has Julien ever blamed a goalie for a loss? So in just over 2 years, we went from last place... to first in the division.. and we are still looking good thru an injury filled season, and you wanna throw Julien under the bus? This team has a big lack of goal scoring.. which is there biggest flaw.. defensively and goaltending they have been sound. I thought they would get more production out of these guys, but its just not happening. Julien can't finish the goals for them.
    Posted by BradyBruin[/QUOTE]

after every game he says every mistake we make ended up in our net . thats blaming the goaltenders after the plilly game he talked about thomas needing to work with essensa  thats blaming the goalie when he only allowed two goals on 37 shots . when is he going to man up and say i need to try some other way when they send in 2 forecheckers and were being outshot 15 t0 5 . I have never heard this man blme himself or for that part his coaches .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I agree with Brady on the fact that injuries have hobbled this teams progression, we have gone from worst to first, but are now standing still (hovering with weighted casts) due to injuries. No Julien can't finish the goals for them, but he does pick the players to be played and when.

If Sturm and Ryder can play with Sav on PP why are they not playing together all the time.  If you are not scoring, your best players need to be playing more. These guys are supposed to be in far superior shape than the players from the 70's then why can they not play their minutes. Double up the top players and keep rolling them and see the different looks.

Since when did dump and chase become dump and change. Our team is giving up possession and with that posession is scoring chances. This mentallity of send 1 in is killing our forecheck and the game speed. Watch the next game and see how often either team just gives up the puck to change, yes it is infuriating, especially when the announcers say they are having a full change on the fly.LOL

CJ played hard nosed and he needs to put that back in the B's when Luc is out. Fer and Stu are the ones coming to defend star players, what is wrong with this team against tough teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

ryder can make or break a game I believe he had 7 game winning goals last year. he will get it going he is a very streaky player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsking. Show bruinsking's posts

[QUOTE]ryder can make or break a game I believe he had 7 game winning goals last year. he will get it going he is a very streaky player.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]
    yes he did last year but this is this year . and as i said he is the best sniper we have but he does not go and take cointrol of the game and or change momentum .
    most of the elite teams have 2   detroit has dazuke or whatever it is and zetterburg pitts malcon and crosby  wwashingtom ovy and semmins not calling washington elite but they have the makings 
    who do we have in that class please let mr know so I can watch them next game 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Claude Julien - We're talking about a coach who put PJ Axe on the PP, and shoot-outs - Byron Bitz on the first line - Refuses to remove Chara and Wideman from PP duties - used Recchi on a shoot-out - pretty much ran Kessel out of town - Fired in NJ after sucking the life out of the offense - on a Cup winning caliber team- He is lost when it comes to the offensive end- absolutely lost.

Also this team has totally abandoned it's aggressive physical game, they have become ultra conservative. I think that is a product of his "system".
    I'm still holding out hope for when Lucic comes back, and a necessary trade is made...we'll see

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Claude Julien - We're talking about a coach who put PJ Axe on the PP, and shoot-outs - Byron Bitz on the first line - Refuses to remove Chara and Wideman from PP duties - used Recchi on a shoot-out - pretty much ran Kessel out of town - Fired in NJ after sucking the life out of the offense - on a Cup winning caliber team- He is lost when it comes to the offensive end- absolutely lost. Also this team has totally abandoned it's aggressive physical game, they have become ultra conservative. I think that is a product of his "system". I'm still holding out hope for when Lucic comes back, and a necessary trade is made...we'll see
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm more tolerant, but all of the sins you mention I forgive (except Kessel, which I condone), but I think the real problem is his lack of ability to pull his teams out of slumps.  It happened with the Habs when he famously asked the team 'what should we do?' and Kovalev yelled back at him, "you're the coach, you tell us!"  Then the tailspin in Jersey before he gets fired.  Then there was that Feb-March streak last year.  I think that's the real issue, he has problems motivating the team and keeping them on track.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

After Lewis, who I think was the worst coach in NHL history (even outdoing Kaspar's low of benching Neely), a decent coach looks like Scotty Bowman.  I think CJ was appropriate to lift the team out of that, now I think we're due for a coaching upgrade.  A coach who's won a Stanley Cup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Brady on the fact that injuries have hobbled this teams progression, we have gone from worst to first, but are now standing still (hovering with weighted casts) due to injuries. No Julien can't finish the goals for them, but he does pick the players to be played and when. If Sturm and Ryder can play with Sav on PP why are they not playing together all the time.  If you are not scoring, your best players need to be playing more. These guys are supposed to be in far superior shape than the players from the 70's then why can they not play their minutes. Double up the top players and keep rolling them and see the different looks. Since when did dump and chase become dump and change. Our team is giving up possession and with that posession is scoring chances. This mentallity of send 1 in is killing our forecheck and the game speed. Watch the next game and see how often either team just gives up the puck to change, yes it is infuriating, especially when the announcers say they are having a full change on the fly.LOL CJ played hard nosed and he needs to put that back in the B's when Luc is out. Fer and Stu are the ones coming to defend star players, what is wrong with this team against tough teams.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Is this a direct line to CJ, ask & you shall receive. Let's hope the top line becomes that, I am not a fan of Sturm but if he starts scoring I'll still be happy. Ryder still plays a strong game.

Hopefully Wheels & Krej kick into gear as well, they both have been playing better of late.

Can't wait to see Lone Wolf McQuaid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Absolutely NOT the right man..No One in Ruins management is !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I was not popular in saying here a few weeks ago that he definetly has a shelf life as proven in MTL & NJ. This year is not entirely his problem with a boat load of talent available but we should have gotten Laviolette.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Laviolette has'nt exactly done wonders for the flyers,nothing wrong with Claude Julian he usually gets the most out of his players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]Laviolette has'nt exactly done wonders for the flyers,nothing wrong with Claude Julian he usually gets the most out of his players.
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

I agree Claude is a great coach but I wonder why we are not getting the results. We had injuries last year & never played this bad. I still think it could turn around down the stretch when the D is healthy & Looch returns.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

CJ is a sound coach but has done nothing to make him a great coach yet. His defensive style was keeping us in games early on but is stifling us now, especially with injuries. We need to score now, his line shakeup has to work.

He is definitely missing Luc, only 1 game played was a minus.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I believe that Julien is a over rated coach. He does refuse to call out the offense game after game. Way to many blunders such as Morris dumping the puck on a 6 on 4 pp, to many men, ect thats bad coaching. . He also has taken the bad out of big bad Bruins. I believe he has told his team no fighting and stay out of the box. The Montreal game was lost on the opening faceoff when LaRaque clearly called out Thorton and Thorton said no thank you result a hab blowout. The next game Thorton goes with Orr, result Bruins blowout.He also thinks he is Scotty Bowman rolling four lines regardless of the situation on the ice or the firepower at his disposel. He also makes the dumbest line changes. The Bruins will have a two on one rush and they dump and change. Please Julian has never won anything and has lost every job in the NHL because of very similar situations that are happening to the Bruins now!!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last good coach the Bruins had was Pat Burns , all the rest we've been complaining about therefore leave Julien at what he's doing . 
    Get Lavoilette ?  he won the cup before the lockout in the clutch and grab era !
    Look at him now.
    I do agree that Julien is very stuborn rolling 4 lines . That has to do with his philosophy.  I disagree with it as I'm more of a Tortarella type, live today die tomorrow. 
    Who's the better coach ? We can debate this all day and we won't have an outcome. 
    Julien knows it's a long season and his secret to success is rolling 4 lines and this is why Bitz tonite is on the 3rd line rather than a 4th line(I disagree).  In his eyes this way he has 4 balanced lines with the players he has. There is no wrong as this system while might not burst out in offense every game is a good protection over injury instead of going out with a blade in mouth . In the long run pays off.
    Last season it worked super and nobody complained .  What was Julien's mistake was the playoffs ,  there is no tomorrow therefore rolling 4 lines is a big mistake.
    I hope he doesn't do the same mistake this year.
    The answer of which type is the better coach ......  the one that has the right players, talent, grinders , goaltending !  Durable,  it is what it is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Last good coach the Bruins had was Pat Burns , all the rest we've been complaining about therefore leave Julien at what he's doing .  Get Lavoilette ?  he won the cup before the lockout in the clutch and grab era ! Look at him now. I do agree that Julien is very stuborn rolling 4 lines . That has to do with his philosophy.  I disagree with it as I'm more of a Tortarella type, live today die tomorrow.  Who's the better coach ? We can debate this all day and we won't have an outcome.  Julien knows it's a long season and his secret to success is rolling 4 lines and this is why Bitz tonite is on the 3rd line rather than a 4th line(I disagree).  In his eyes this way he has 4 balanced lines with the players he has. There is no wrong as this system while might not burst out in offense every game is a good protection over injury instead of going out with a blade in mouth . In the long run pays off. Last season it worked super and nobody complained .  What was Julien's mistake was the playoffs ,  there is no tomorrow therefore rolling 4 lines is a big mistake. I hope he doesn't do the same mistake this year. The answer of which type is the better coach ......  the one that has the right players, talent, grinders , goaltending !  Durable,  it is what it is.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I see motivation as the big issue.  He can't do it all the time.  Apparently, he gave one of the best locker room speaches ever before game 1 against the Leafs this year.  That was a good thing, but I hope it was not a burn out.  When you play as well as when you coach, it is best to try to keep an even keel.  Don't get too excited when you're playing well and don't get too far down when you are not playing well.

As far as his being a defensive coach, I think that's sensible as this team has a much better defense than offense.  Go with your strengths.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Claude is a defensive coach.  The Bruins prior to his hiring were horrible on defense.  At times this fan questions his moves, Bitz on the first line?  I liked PJ but he did not belong on the 1st line last year.  The defense is sound considering the rest of the league is trying to do the same.  The product of too many teams IMO. Now we have injuries on defense! Nonetheless, Claude does need to be a bit more experimental with his offense. Sturm, Ryder, and to a lesser degree Wheeler need to go to the front of the net ala Zach Pairse.  Ryder had a lot more jump in his step last year, this year he has long sloping strides.  Sturm is simply not burning up the wing like two years ago.  So defense then is inevitable.  Claude is perfect under that scenario.  The only thing going for the team is in net.  There are not too many teams with two solid goaltenders.  If Chiarelli cannot pull off a young talent like Kovy, Ryan, or Nash then Julien is the best for the Bruins.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think CJ might have turned the corner on the issue of keeping the team motivated and consistent.  I like the come back against a 1-0 lead (no matter what the game looked like, ugly or note).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

julien plays a tough frustrating brand of hockey for both his players & the opponents....i loved when he said about giving the players the day off "you know their not machines" well isnt that exactly the way he uses them....im sure the players dont have much fun & im sure there battle wery after every game but the results are there & thats what they get paid for.....do they have the talent to play a upbeat offensive brand of hockey?  not if its juliens way they wont...  last year from dec-feb was some of the best bruins hockey ive seen offensive puck possesion,good goaltending,backchecking & a fast paced roll line after line....the sharks came to beantown & blew the doors off them & julien put his foot down after that & the downhill slide started....you can only battle night after night for so long till it saps the s**t outa you,but thats the julien way

Sections
Shortcuts