Is this team this good?...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

...I'de say they are actually better. Reason being: You got a legit 80+ point young phenom in Bergeron who has not caught fire, Kobasew has only played 3 games, Chara's game has been off a bit but coming around lately, Axelsson playing on a scoring line (not a scorer), Kessel only 2 points in last 7 games (but working hard), Ryder is not burrying his chances ( 2 goals in 15 games), Sturm only 4 points in last 9 games. So yeah, they are this good but can be much better. Scary isn't it?

I just find it amazing on how well this team has played without really clicking on all cylinders quite yet. But yet, theri 1st in the league in GAA and 9th in scoring? Wow has to say a lot about this team.

On a side note, was it just me or did Kessel play better with Bergeron than he is playing with Savvy? At the start of the season i thought Sturm Bergeron Kessel was their best line but seeing how Ryder was struggling i assume thta's the reason he was bumped down. I actually think Ryder should go with Krejci for a few games and see if that lights a fire under his a$$. Then move Sturm back with Bergeron.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I'll take it even further to say this team is shaping up to be a GREAT team. The key is teamwork. These guys are really playing together well and definitely continue to buy into their coaches system.

Ryder hit yet another post/crossbar last night. He's very close to burying some goals. Contributions are coming from everyone, and I think that's really the key to this teams success thus far.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

I agree Ryder is so close to breaking out he just can't catch a break right now. He is also a great physical presence in the lineup when he wants to be. As far as Bergeron goes he doesn't look like the same player he was before the hit but I think he will continue to get his game back. Kessel continues to work hard, just needs to develop a little more consistency in his game which will come with time and experience. Krejci's vision on the ice is unbelievable I love watching him play and I also agree with much of what everyone has already said. I can't remember being this excited to watch a Bruins team in a long time. Go B's

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Hey , it's only November 13.

Don't buy playoff tickets or Stanley Cup parade tickets just yet.

Hopefully this team will do better than last year's model. But it is way too soon to be projecting this team as a super power.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Sorry we can't be optimistic on this board and voice our predictions for the rest of the year. There hasn't been much excitement with this team until last years brief playoff stint and the start of this year so we might as well take advantage of it and think of the potential this team has. We may be entirely wrong but its still fun to think of the positives that can happen. And by the way I don't think playoffs tickets are on sale yet and its to early to cue the duckboats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Another positive thing to point out is the depth at forward we have. Later in the season when teams start having injury problems, most other teams will be forced to call up sub-par players. But if Bruins go through a stretch with of time with a few simultaneous injuries, they wont really miss a beat when we have guys like Noke and Sobotka to step into the lineup. The depth also helps on B2B games like tonight, we can roll out all 4 lines on a regular basis to keep everyone fresh without sacrificing much offensively or defensively.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Excellent posts by everyone! I heard comments from TSN analysts who said this team is one of the tightest knit groups they had ever seen. That with their talent could take them quite far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantabbruinsfan. Show cantabbruinsfan's posts

You have to remember that we are in the good times.. What needs to happen is for something to go wrong, something horribly wrong... like we trade Manny to some team for a top four defenceman which would totally screw up the chemistry of the team.

Honestly that is the worst thing that could happen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

At the moment, Ryder doesn't look like he was worth the investment. I do think the bruins have plenty of mid-grade NHL talent up front, Ryder appears to just be "one of the guys" when he is being paid like a 30 goal scorer.

We'll see how it shakes out, the bruins are playing well, but Ryder doesn't look like he creates nmany chances for his teammates. He is a little too passive for me.

As far as bergeron, i mean he was injured all of last season, so I'm giving him at least another month or two before I start thinking about his long term productivity.

Canta, if we could trade Manny for a top 4 defensemen, I think the bruins would do it in a heartbeat. It isn't about just making the playoffs, it is about winning in the playoffs, and you need top talent on defense to neutralize the games best offensive players (who seem to also have a knack for making the post-season). I think an upgrade on defense would be nice at this point

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Nothing wrong with being positive.

But, let's keep it in perspective here.

There is always a tendency to get way too excited when a Boston team gets off to a good start.

I saw it way too many times with the Red Sox in the 80's and 90's and with the Bruins in the 80's and 90's too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from codder72-1. Show codder72-1's posts

BRUINS WILL FOLD IN THE FIRST ROUND AS USUAL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heff-17. Show Heff-17's posts

[Quote]BRUINS WILL FOLD IN THE FIRST ROUND AS USUAL!

[/Quote]

your Habs just got their royal asses wooped, eh

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

See what I mean about the depth coming in handy on B2B games? What other team can give their 4th line 15 minutes of ice time and have them produce 3 goals?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[/Quote] Bruins T.K.O. HABS!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

The Bruins definitely have good young talent, but what's most important is that they play the system their coaches have taught them and work their tails off on every shift. This is not a team that's going to cruise to any wins. They'll have to continue to work hard if they aim to keep it up. Fortunately, they appear to know that very well.

As for Ryder, he's working his tail off, forechecking and backchecking, making good passes, doing everything but putting the puck in the net. The goals will come, I have no doubt. It's a long season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

After watching the last 2 games one would have to be optimistic, but one also has to realize it isn't quarter way through the season yet. Still, one of the things that didn't help last year was finnishing 8th and playing the #1 team in the first round. That happened because we lost a lot of early games and couldn't make up ground at the end. This year may might be different.
    The Habs that came to the garden last night weren't the team we will see at the end of the season. Lets hope the Bruins that pounded them last night will be the ones we see this coming spring.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[/Quote]The Habs will not see the first round the way they are playing go Carey price 12 goals in 2 games Allstar material LOL.