Is Thomas being showcased?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Great for Timmy (and the Bruins) that he is off to a spectacular start. More power to him.

But, I started looking at the games he has won: Phoenix, NJ, Washington (without Green), Toronto, Ottawa and Buffalo and I'm thinking: Rask could have won those games. Don't get me wrong, but that opening game against Phoenix the Bruins, apart from Rask, were sleepwalking. The game against Rangers was close, but NYR were in a groove at the time.

Therefore, Bruins could be unbeaten to this point.

Back to Timmy, is he being set-up? I'm thinking the same is happening with Wheeler.This would solve the Bruin salary cap problem in one fell swoop.

Anyone getting the similar impression?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Is Thomas being showcased?

Ask duinne. She has all the info and insight to all things concerning the B's.

If I answer she will cut it to peices so I will refrain on this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Of course he is being showcased.  This is what a lot of peeps in here don't understand about the salary cap market. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Is Thomas being showcased?:
    Ask duinne. She has all the info and insight to all things concerning the B's. If I answer she will cut it to peices so I will refrain on this.
    Posted by jwb413

If I were you, I would speak my mind. No-one is going to stop me from saying what I'm thinking.

You have your own mind, Duinne has her own. And thank God for that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Okay, perhaps someone can define "showcasing" to me.  In my mind, the way you showcase someone is you give him more playing time than his play deserves, in order to make sure he is noticeable.

Is there anything that makes you think Thomas' play isn't sufficient to warrant the starts he is getting?

Yes, the Bruins have benefited a bit from the early schedule (in terms of quality of opponents and injuries), but that's hardly Thomas' fault, is it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Thomas is playing great. They'll play the hot hand the rest of the way. I said it yesterday and I'll say it again, Thomas and Savard are finishing the season in Boston. 2 of the 3 of Wheeler, Ryder and Sturm will be gone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yes...for the Vezina Trophy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Wheeler and Sturm by the trade deadline is my guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Okay, perhaps someone can define "showcasing" to me.  In my mind, the way you showcase someone is you give him more playing time than his play deserves, in order to make sure he is noticeable. Is there anything that makes you think Thomas' play isn't sufficient to warrant the starts he is getting? Yes, the Bruins have benefited a bit from the early schedule (in terms of quality of opponents and injuries), but that's hardly Thomas' fault, is it?
    Posted by DrCC

qft

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Wheatskins you point out a few teams to make your argument, like how Thomas was in against Phoenix and Washington (without Green!) etc... 

But Rask lost to Phoenix, and to the Rangers (who are just at tick above .500) so I guess I'm saying I don't really understand your point about how Rask could have won any of the games Thomas did.

I will say though, that EITHER goalie could have won ANY of the games played so far.  If you think for a second that the Bruins are showcasing Thomas by having him play weak opponents for the first 7 of 9 games this season then I'm at a loss for words.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

The Bruins have to solve the salary cap issue by early December when Savard and Strum are expected back from Injury! Chiarelli will have to make a trade soon. The demand for a hot goaler is high right now. No one wants an overpaid
    Ryder and an underacheiving Wheeler. 

Thomas is the only trade option for Chiarelli ! Maybe he can package another player with Tim and take care of the salary cap issue in one trade. Otherwise,
    Ryder better get used to the idea of riding on a bus !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Anyone that wants to trade Tim Thomas right now is either NOT a Bruins fan or is on glue. Give your head a shake.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Showcased for the Vezina?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

BOOP BEEP BOOP does anyone recall that Timmy has a no trade/no move clause in his contract? How about Chia saying that his goalie situation could not be any better?? Thomas is playing because he is playing very well, and No chances Claude will take no chance with his HOT goalie. Rask also has played well. NO team effort or help in the first Phoenix game; absolutely incredible bounces on the first two Ranger goals; other wise he has been equally good. The only possible way that Timmy gets traded this year is if Rask takes over and Timmy asks for a trade so he can play more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

Agree with DrCC, the bruins schedule has had them playing with minimum 1 day off, and a few times of 2-3 days off. Thomas has been solid, so no need to rest him.

Tuuka will get a start this weekend and the b's have back to back games three times over the next two weeks. So he should get a few starts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

Claude Julien has a history of sticking with a hot goalie. Tim Thomas is hot. Claude Julien is playing Tim Thomas. End of story.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Okay, perhaps someone can define "showcasing" to me.  In my mind, the way you showcase someone is you give him more playing time than his play deserves, in order to make sure he is noticeable. Is there anything that makes you think Thomas' play isn't sufficient to warrant the starts he is getting? Yes, the Bruins have benefited a bit from the early schedule (in terms of quality of opponents and injuries), but that's hardly Thomas' fault, is it?
    Posted by DrCC

QFT  Wink  Ols

The two games against the Caps not enough ?
    Agree with you Dr.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Wheeler and Sturm by the trade deadline is my guess. Posted by bim09

Bim, Not questioning your hockey knowledge you've got it but what team is going to trade for a 32 year old coming off 2 major knee surgeries wit a 3.75Mil price tag. Julien mentioned just a week ago that Marco wasn't even close. So say Sturm comes back in December How much worth could Sturm have to a GM ?

PC would have to be blown away after the season with an offer of a pick and NHL ready prospect. I would only take a proven sniper fot Thomas but again that would bring back salary so I would take the high pick and prospect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Package Sturm with a center piece.  Say Phoenix wants Veels.  Tell them Sturm goes too or no deal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

All the players on the Bs team, and for every other team, are being "showcased"? It is a entertainment sport run by a business.  Now the "TT and Tuuka show" will last through the year.  The cap pressures and the Bs team play combined make it easier for PC to trade and/or demote.  I would let Sturm and Savard stay on LTIR for another two months!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Something worth keeping in mind:

Every day that passes, the cap space another team will need to accommodate Ryder/Sturm/Wheeler goes down.  Since trading earlier won't help the Bruins more than trading later (unless they trade more than $5.4M from the roster), passing time shouldn't worry us.  It makes all three players more movable.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

The Bruins have to solve the salary cap issue by early December when Savard and Strum are expected back from Injury! Chiarelli will have to make a trade soon. The demand for a hot goaler is high right now. No one wants an overpaid Ryder and an underacheiving Wheeler.  Thomas is the only trade option for Chiarelli ! Maybe he can package another player with Tim and take care of the salary cap issue in one trade. Otherwise, Ryder better get used to the idea of riding on a bus !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

I'd say Ryder is earning his money this year (so far) with 7pts in 9 games. If he keeps this up Chiarelli may have to look at trading a few players. Right now the way he is playing he doesnt warrant a trip to Providence. Its definately gonna be tough to become Cap compliant, but I feel Savy is closer than Sturm. Im not exactly sure but I think th B's have 1.8 mill in space so for Savard to come back the need to shed 2.2mill. If they can trade Paille and send Caron down they are pretty close.....The dilema is Sturms return, and no offence to him but I hope he doesnt. (take the year off Sturmy)

Lucic   Krejci  Horton
    Wheeler  Savard  Seguin
    Recchi  Bergeron  Ryder
    Thornton  Campbell  Marchand

Chara  Boychuck
    Seidenberg  Stuart
    Ference  Hunwick
    McQuaid

TT/Rask

This is just my opinion, I like this line up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And people say, "NAS, why don't you post much anymore?"

And I answer:  Threads like this.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

And people say, "NAS, why don't you post much anymore?" And I answer:  Threads like this.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So, start some new threads, and ignore the ones you don't like.  I happen to agree with you about most threads, but the problem is that people like you (and others) that truly follow the team rarely post new threads while the trolls and idiots start them all the time...

Sections
Shortcuts